What is the "purpose" of an asexual relationship?

UsiresAedon

Sarah-Sylvia

The more you get misinterpreted, the better you'll get at explaining yourself XD.

Also I think one thing that happens sometimes is when someone talks from pain, some forms of it can get interpreted as hate, which triggers people.

And you've been hurt, so it could've affected how you're looking for answers to help you too.

I might be wrong and it doesn't apply, but it's a thought that came up. And then people can be sensitive about certain things and take it kinda far in pointing something out :P

1 hour ago, UsiresAedon said:

Nothing. I am confused why people seem to think that I think this. All I am saying is, I have only had experiences with women who have an unusually high sex drive, as opposed to asexual women. I am only using this terminology to describe the personality traits of the people I have had previous experiences with.

That seems to be the miscommunication... I feel like your phrasing was extrapolating their behavior and applying it to all sexual women, especially those with high libido. Calling sexual behavior or fetishes "deviant" or "evil"... that is going to get negative responses. Those kind of terms get a lot of misunderstanding and are thrown around a lot. It  certainly sounds like you had bad experiences with partners that is poisoning your expectations of a relationship, especially since to an ace the concept of a relationship is inherently more about personal connection or romance.

UsiresAedon
4 minutes ago, Zagadka said:

That seems to be the miscommunication... I feel like your phrasing was extrapolating their behavior and applying it to all sexual women, especially those with high libido. Calling sexual behavior or fetishes "deviant" or "evil"... that is going to get negative responses. Those kind of terms get a lot of misunderstanding and are thrown around a lot. It  certainly sounds like you had bad experiences with partners that is poisoning your expectations of a relationship, especially since to an ace the concept of a relationship is inherently more about personal connection or romance.

I am curious. Can you point to one instance where I directly correlated sexual deviance or fetishes with being "evil?"

37 minutes ago, UsiresAedon said:

I am curious. Can you point to one instance where I directly correlated sexual deviance or fetishes with being "evil?"

... another tip... this is not a debate club. You don't need to present arguments and make points and call for citations. It is a discussion, and an informal one. If you want to be formal, I will assume you never typed the words "sexual deviance is evil," but I'm not going to go through 3 pages of posts digging out your words. This isn't exactly the only thing I've been paying attention to all day,  I just kinda post in the background of doing other things, and frankly I'm not that invested in it. This is dragging into time I should be getting to bed. I just recall you equating high sex drive with deviant behavior, something about fetishes, and not understanding a woman wanting as non-sexual relationship with you. We are all just here collectively offering our opinions and thoughts in response to your questions and statements because we enjoy supporting each other and fostering more understanding. If half of the people have offered responses that clarify your question, then great.

UsiresAedon
1 minute ago, Zagadka said:

... another tip... this is not a debate club. You don't need to present arguments and make points and call for citations. It is a discussion, and an informal one. If you want to be formal, I will assume you never typed the words "sexual deviance is evil," but I'm not going to go through 3 pages of posts digging out your words. This isn't exactly the only thing I've been paying attention to all day,  I just kinda post in the background of doing other things, and frankly I'm not that invested in it. This is dragging into time I should be getting to bed. I just recall you equating high sex drive with deviant behavior, something about fetishes, and not understanding a woman wanting as non-sexual relationship with you. We are all just here collectively offering our opinions and thoughts in response to your questions and statements because we enjoy supporting each other and fostering more understanding. If half of the people have offered responses that clarify your question, then great.

Okay. Have a great night!

Archived