Fictoromantic Thread

Oberon Jasper

Oberon Jasper

@Apple Tree System Recommended this and Imma just link everyone who was in that thread. As far as I understand this is just a place to talk about those cushes and what they're like for us.

@SphynxNightmare @Pygmalion

So yeah. I guess now we just go ham with this thing and maybe others will join. I also think this can include celebrity type romantic attraction (forgot the name for it).

(to the moderators sorry if this is in the wrong place)

I don't think I'm fictoromantic, but I can admit I have a smol crush on 

(tw for swearing)

Spoiler

May I have my lung water? — Detective Watts + Wine watts because fuck he's so genuine and cute. I wish he were real or that I could magically time travel back to last century lol

Oberon Jasper

For me currently it's a character from Dead Poets (because that's my current obsession movie/book) and because of fanfiction I kinda fell for Cameron...

Spoiler

Richard Cameron | Bullies Wiki | FandomRichard Cameron - Dead Poets SocietyDead Poets Society cast: Where are they now? | Gallery | Wonderwall.comdeadpoetssocietycharacters - henryjonesPictures from Dead Poets SocietyPictures from Dead Poets Society

I don't know... I just feel he got a real bad rep in the movie, but if he'd had more character development he could've been a really complex and likeable character... and I like that side of him that never really got shown.

I guess I experience the celebrity-type attraction (although I prefer to use the word parasocial instead since I think it's more inclusive to attraction to people who aren't world-famous celebrities but are still unattainable in the same way, like YouTubers for example). Anyway ...

I hope this isn't the only type of romantic attraction I can experience, because I want a partner one day and in order for that to happen the other person needs to be geographically nearby, not taken, and not a decade older than me ...

*cries*

But I've had one crush on a boy I knew irl before, so my guess is that the capacity is there, but I haven't had an emotional connection with a boy my age for a long time. 

But on the other hand it's kind of fun because it's like all the fun of regular crushes minus the fear of rejection or things not working out, because a relationship is literally impossible in the first place. So I can just appreciate the idea of the person I have in my mind and not worry about the complexities of a real relationship.

I think as long as one stays aware that it's all a fantasy and gives themselves reality checks on a regular basis, parasocial relationships can be positive and fun, and not creepy or unhealthy.

Okay wow I didn't know I had so much to say about this lmao

Also I just looked it up and apparently proculsexual and proculromantic are terms for people who only experience sexual and/or romantic attraction to people who they know they can't be in a relationship with, including fictional characters and celebrities. Apparently fictosexual/romantic and celebsexual/romantic are subsets of proculsexual/romantic.

There's literally a word for everything lol

So yeah

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/9/2021 at 1:49 PM, Artemis42 said:

I guess I experience the celebrity-type attraction (although I prefer to use the word parasocial instead since I think it's more inclusive to attraction to people who aren't world-famous celebrities but are still unattainable in the same way, like YouTubers for example). Anyway ...

I hope this isn't the only type of romantic attraction I can experience, because I want a partner one day and in order for that to happen the other person needs to be geographically nearby, not taken, and not a decade older than me ...

*cries*

But I've had one crush on a boy I knew irl before, so my guess is that the capacity is there, but I haven't had an emotional connection with a boy my age for a long time. 

But on the other hand it's kind of fun because it's like all the fun of regular crushes minus the fear of rejection or things not working out, because a relationship is literally impossible in the first place. So I can just appreciate the idea of the person I have in my mind and not worry about the complexities of a real relationship.

I think as long as one stays aware that it's all a fantasy and gives themselves reality checks on a regular basis, parasocial relationships can be positive and fun, and not creepy or unhealthy.

Okay wow I didn't know I had so much to say about this lmao

Also I just looked it up and apparently proculsexual and proculromantic are terms for people who only experience sexual and/or romantic attraction to people who they know they can't be in a relationship with, including fictional characters and celebrities. Apparently fictosexual/romantic and celebsexual/romantic are subsets of proculsexual/romantic.

There's literally a word for everything lol

So yeah

This is something I can relate to a lot, although mine is with strictly fictional characters instead of youtubers/celebrities. I want to experience romantic attraction towards a real person but it hasn't happened yet, nor the connection i feel with fictional characters in general. Perhaps its because i dont have to worry about rejection like mentioned? In the past I always assumed it would happen eventually, but at 16? come on. Anyway yeah, it's hard

On 4/18/2021 at 11:26 PM, Killua said:

This is something I can relate to a lot, although mine is with strictly fictional characters instead of youtubers/celebrities. I want to experience romantic attraction towards a real person but it hasn't happened yet, nor the connection i feel with fictional characters in general. Perhaps its because i dont have to worry about rejection like mentioned? In the past I always assumed it would happen eventually, but at 16? come on. Anyway yeah, it's hard

I dunno, I think it could still happen. I'm seventeen and I still have hope. There's a lot of life left for us to live so you never know what will happen.

:)

4 minutes ago, Artemis42 said:

I dunno, I think it could still happen. I'm seventeen and I still have hope. There's a lot of life left for us to live so you never know what will happen.

:)

Haha, I guess I mean most people start getting crushes after puberty so it feels less likely to happen each year. But you're right, there's still a lot of time left! 

4 minutes ago, Killua said:

Haha, I guess I mean most people start getting crushes after puberty so it feels less likely to happen each year. But you're right, there's still a lot of time left! 

Yeah, plus we know the capacity for romantic feelings is there, so it could just be a case of "meeting the right person, TM" lmao.

5 minutes ago, Artemis42 said:

Yeah, plus we know the capacity for romantic feelings is there, so it could just be a case of "meeting the right person, TM" lmao.

That's a really good point! Demi/gray is a possibility and a lot of allo's have trouble finding "the right one" as well anyway. It would be harder if we never felt any romantic feelings at all lmao. Although sometimes I wish I wasn't romance positive and just stop caring about that stuff

33 minutes ago, Killua said:

That's a really good point! Demi/gray is a possibility and a lot of allo's have trouble finding "the right one" as well anyway. It would be harder if we never felt any romantic feelings at all lmao. Although sometimes I wish I wasn't romance positive and just stop caring about that stuff

Honestly same sometimes lol, but I find romantic feelings really pleasant and fun so overall I like it when they come around haha.

Take a moment to appreciate these two cuties together

Jack-Llewelyn Relationship | Murdoch Mysteries Wiki | Fandom

HOW CAN U NOT THO

Archived