Demiromantic

sNIgDhA

Hi! I'm 18 years old. I am asexual. I never had a crush on anybody ever so I thought I was aromantic. But now I've been talking to a friend a lot more than usual, and I think he is interested in me. He knows that I am an asexual. Even though I like talking to him and I am attracted to him, I'm not sure if I like him more than a friend or I just really like the attention. I know that I am not sexually attracted to him. It's more like emotional, sensual and alterous attraction. And I'm overthinking about it which I really don't want to because my exams are coming up.

Sarah-Sylvia

Hii.

Maybe it's something you can put on hold for now because of the exams, but also if your friend understands that you're aroace in whatever way you are, he should try to be understanding that you may want something less than a fully romantic relationship. You can try to wonder what would work for you, like maybe a QPR that's more alterous than romantic, and see if he's ok with something like that, and to make sure he understands you may not want everything he does. Maybe you'll find out you're actually ok with being more than friends too, only you can know.
Also, if it's a case you only want a friendship, then it's better to be true about that. It doesn't mean you don't care or really enjoy your friendship with him, it can still have a lot of meaning, and hopefully he can come to know that, if that's the case. ;)

Archived