How often do you get a crush?

I'm probably the oldest person responding but I've only had 3 or so. That's it. And it was never pleasant as I remember. Haven't had any for about 20 years now and I'm not complaining. It's not something you can do anything about and it's something I just had to deal with and 'get through'.

• Like 1

Never at least what I know of and it is driving me crazy because I am really romantic it is something I dream of.

FauxDandy

Very rarely, I don't know if it's like an overly high standards thing or just I honestly find myself too preoccupied to even consider having the time for thinking about that kind of stuff at the moment haha.

questioningmyself

I only have crushes on people I'll never meet, tbh. I did have one or two during primary school, but I never acted on any of them. Nowadays, any crushes I have are celebrity or fictional. 

• Like 1

Im demiromantic. Im a young adult (not giving specific age, but im in college). I've had 2 crushes my entire life, both of them have been my best friends.

Thujaplicata

I've only ever had one crush I know of, and it was my best friend now girlfriend. Mind you, I simultaneously knew I liked her and had no clue for about 5 years so...that doesn't say much for my self-awareness. Basically, I went straight from "we're friends with a lurking, unacknowledged thought of maybe..." to "I'm in love." Which is honestly really amusing and has had me laughing at myself to calm down. 

I'm 22, almost 23. I definitely identify as demiromantic. 

Im not really sure. I think I have had a couple of crushes but that only happened after people talked me into it. And then it would go away the minute they started to crush on me.

• Like 1

It seemed to happen more frequently when I was younger. Though I tend to think of a crush as more of a distant infatuation with someone. Now if I like someone it is usually because I am interacting with them semi regularly and/or dating them. I never seem to crush on good friends. I've also found I don't really like living with that feeling of not knowing if the feelings are reciprocated, so I am more willing to put my feelings out there than I once was. 

I'm nearing 30, and I am probably forgetting some, but I think I'd say I've had around.. 9-11 maybe. And some were more intense than others and some short lived while other's long. There did seem to be times too where I'd go for a long stretch of time without developing a strong crush on anyone. 

ALoudPrincess

For me, I'm around 20 years old, and altogether, I've had two crushes, but I'm still debating on whether they were actually crushes or 'they're guys, so maybe I'd be interested in them' type of thing. I'm not really sure what I identify on the aromantic spectrum, but I'm somewhere on it.

I was going to say I had a ton of crushes, but now as I think of it, it was maybe... 8-10, and 5 of those actually intense? And I'm 26. So I guess it's sort of a medium result.

It's hard for me to distinguish it sometimes - if I were to count in fleeting esthetic/sensual attractions it would be quite a lot more, but I'm really touchy-feely in general plus touch-starved nowadays, so I look at someone pretty and I really want to cuddle. I wouldn't count it as romantic, though, so I think the number I gave would be mostly correct.

Edited by chalkozyn
  • Like 1
  • 1 year later...

I’ve had three squishes. One of them doesn’t really count because I was in kindergarten (I think) and thought I wanted to marry my best friend.

The strongest one has become a little less intense now, thankfully, but you can never really stop loving someone. This person is just an amazing friend and I don’t ever want to lose touch with them.

The last one is/was on an AVENite, and I think it’s becoming more of a “they’re my favorite user” type of thing.

Anyways, the first one was over five or six years before the second one started and probably lasted a few months. The second one is still going, has been for three-ish years, but it’s less intense now. The third one, like I said, is pretty much over at this point.

When I was in elementary school, I had quite a few small crushes. Since I started high school, I get squishes very rarely (if any at all) 

• Like 1

I'm 22. I had two crushes in Kindergarten, which I guess I don't really count, and one when I was 12, which I would say was my only real crush. After puberty I never got another real crush, maybe a squish or two, so it's possible puberty or the terrible depression I got after puberty killed my capability for crushes. I still say I'm greyromantic though, since I do find certain people cute enough for me to believe there is a possibility of me developing a crush on someone and acting on it someday, even though it hasn't happened yet.

I appreciate the existence of this thread, since I've never been exactly sure what the "normal" number of total crushes would be for someone my age, and now I have a better idea.