New Moderator Needed: Welcome Lounge: Nominations

Kelly

Join the team!

If you think you would be interested in being the new Moderator for the Welcome Lounge, throw cookies, cakes, your hat, turnip, or whatever you have into the ring. Just be sure to make it clear that you wish to run.

Eligibility requirements include being a member for at least 6 months, and having at least 100 posts that are not in the Just for Fun or Welcome Lounge forums. You also cannot run with an active, current, warning.

Also, see the following for election rules:

http://www.asexuality.org/en/topic/90514-rules-and-procedure-for-elections/

Voting will be by a vote of confidence. A bio is required to be PMed to me by voting time.

You can run for only one office at a time (there is this one and the one for Tea and Sympathy & (h)AVEN Moderator)

This is the timeline for this election:

This is the timeline for this election:

Thursday, 8 April to Thursday, 15 April: Nominations.

Thursday, 15 April to Sunday, 18 April: Dedicated Q&A period.

Sunday, 18 April to Sunday, 26 April: Voting.

I'm feeling bad because no body wants to apply as I see rn

But it's not like I can either, just a month left I think if I'm not correct

Nobody should feel bad if people don't nominate themselves. AVEN will manage. Sometimes no one is ready or able. Other times someone or more than one will be ready, willing and able. If an election doesn't get any volunteers we try again another time. :D 

That said, Welcome Lounge could be a good forum for a new mod. Usually shouldn't be too much drama or heavy stuff going on.

Janus the Fox

As the Cover mod currently, it's pretty laid back and often free of any trouble in the Forum.  It must be kept as welcoming as possible and if required, pointing the Member to another part of the Site, usually WL Regulars get this done much sooner before my first reading of the Site for the day.  Often just is where most of the Cake is :P

Any other Mod features are learned via Training Team if necessary, contributing to Reports, any other backroom features and so on.

Sarah-Sylvia

Does the mod role mostly deal with reports in that section, or is there more to it, I'm wondering about any expectations around it. Any info on it besides what Janus mentioned?

1 hour ago, Sarah-Sylvia said:

Does the mod role mostly deal with reports in that section, or is there more to it, I'm wondering about any expectations around it. Any info on it besides what Janus mentioned?

This post might answer your question:

The short answer is mods keep an eye on their forums, handle reports in them, but also participate in discussions about reports, policy, and anything else that comes up in the "backroom", and vote on reports and other decisions. New mods are not thrown in on their own though. There is a lot of support from existing admods, and the accumulated experience and knowledge of the whole team.

Sarah-Sylvia

I think I could manage the welcome lounge ok.  I'll nominate me.

AceMissBehaving

I really enjoyed my time as mod there, Welcome Lounge is a good forum to moderate, there can a lot of posts to go through at times, but it's typically one of the most drama free and positive forums to mod. I found most of the mod actions in regards to the forum itself was moving some posts to a different section where the topic might fit better.

There is a lot of support in the backrooms for new mods too, so it's easy to get the hang of. I think this is the perfect position for anyone looking to get more involved with the community here.

Archived