Hi! introducing myself

soychiara

As my username says, i am Chiara. I'm not really sure what to say, so I'll just start with whatever: 

I've known I'm asexual since early 2019, thanks to my partner S who helped me realize it with much love. Luckily I've never felt much shame about it, I came out to my friends a month later (with a funny meme) and they were fully accepting. Time after that S and I welcomed our boyfriend F to the relationship! It was a new experience, but both of my partners have always been respectful and supporting of my asexuality.

Besides all that, I love astronomy!! I'm in my second year of university and it's been challenging (especially all the math... it's fun tho) but it's definitely worth it. I'm from Argentina, so I'd be happy to meet fellow latines! if anyone wants to talk to me either spanish or english is fine. I also like art and embroidery, music (Gustavo Cerati my beloved), cooking, and my favourite food is ñoquis (I don't know how to write it in english, sorry!)

I'm pretty shy so I made the account to know more people like me, talk about whatever, and (if i can) help whoever needs it. Nice to meet you! (っ.❛ ᴗ ❛.)っ

2 hours ago, soychiara said:

I'm from Argentina, so I'd be happy to meet fellow latines!

My father was from Colombia. Latines FTW!

ñoquis

I think ñoqui is "gnocchi" in english.

I love astronomy!

Astronomy is awesome!

Also, I'm glad you found out about your asexuality in a healthy way.

Welcome to AVEN! Have a cake! (It's an AVEN tradition)

spacer.png

I give you gnocchi cake, which defies all common sense by existing.

everywhere and nowhere

Is there a rule which says "Only one cake from one user for another user in one topic"? There's none, right? Because I just can't resist and can't decide! :D So here's an overview of astronomy-themed and more generally space-themed cakes.

(As a psychonaut, I cannot fail to remind that "space cakes" also means "cakes laced with hashish". ;))

spacer.png

Here's a telescope cake, much more light in colour than most space cakes in the non-drug sense ;):

spacer.png

A cake with constellations and with lovely blue colours:

spacer.png

A space-themed cake in a more sweet style, as opposed to just the taste ;):

spacer.png

An astronautics-themed cake:

spacer.png

I also wanted to recommend this Jupiter cake tutorial, because it's just fun to watch. I have a lot of admiration for people who have the manual skills and patience needed to bake it. Although, I must also admit that this kind of planetary cakes have paled in my mind a little since I truly got into the asexual cake-sharing subculture ;) and I saw even more impressive cakes - sometimes it's hard to imagine how they were made.

I don't know how to answer each coment individually haha. Thank you so much!! I love the cakes!!!! 

Just now, Nowhere Girl said:

THAT WAS SO FUN and the cakes you sent look amazing! truly pieces of art

Just now, crazy ace said:

I give you gnocchi cake, which defies all common sense by existing.

that's... something i would've never thought of, but I need inmediately. Wow. Thank you <3

Hi Chiara,

I'm new here too, nice to meet you.  I'm glad you also have supportive partners, it makes all the difference. 

Sar x

Just now, saerix said:

Hi Chiara,

I'm new here too, nice to meet you.  I'm glad you also have supportive partners, it makes all the difference. 

Sar x

Nice to meet you too! Welcome!! :cake:

Welcome! Oh I love astronomy, have you heard of Astrochemistry? I find it fascinating :) 

Also I’d give you a space themed cake but all the good ones seem to have been used up by someone :P 

37a7e0010330c9269c7a7fa8f65b9c3f.jpg

Just now, Lichley said:

have you heard of Astrochemistry?

Yes!! I actually want to specialize in stellar spectroscopy, so I'll need to get into astrochemistry for that and I can't wait hehe. I love the cake!! really photogenic ^-^

20 hours ago, soychiara said:

Yes!! I actually want to specialize in stellar spectroscopy, so I'll need to get into astrochemistry for that and I can't wait hehe. I love the cake!! really photogenic ^-^

You do? That’s so cool! Stellar spectroscopy is really interesting :D 

And here I am just doing the boring old regular chemistry :P 

Archived