Baby Fever Poll

R_1

AVEN's census to baby fever  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Do you have a baby fever that flares up from time to time?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not sure
    • Other
  2. 2. If you do have baby fever, is it trigger by a sight of a mother/father taking care of his/her young?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not sure
    • Other
    • Inapplicable
  3. 3. If you do have baby fever: What is your gender?

• Male
    • Female
    • Between Male/Female
    • Bigender
    • Agender
    • Other
    • Inapplicable

11 hours ago, R_1 said:

I consider you lucky then. It can be a irritable feeling. It's like going on your own business, and then that feeling is there.

Yeah, I can understand that. I know the general experience of feelings just kind of popping up and hitting you.

I have spent more than enough time around babies and honestly cannot even fathom why anyone would ever want one or have one on purpose.

I get the experience of my nieces and nephews. I somewhat enjoy seeing them become living people.. but I can't imagine spending days on days with them. My sister is nuts for having 4 kids. I always knew I never wanted kids... to be around them... to be responsible for them... I have a hard enough time taking care of myself, yikes. No one should trust me with kids.

Nope, they trigger a near-allergic reaction involving a sudden urge to be a long way away 

• Like 3

I get that desire every now and then. In fact it happened a couple of days ago. But it's very rare for me. Usually I'm more rational and realize that children are gross, noisy, privacy invading, and a big handful. I just sometimes wish I could give my parents a grandchild.

GingerRose
On 4/8/2021 at 10:19 AM, R_1 said:

This is a poll to discuss whether you have baby fever from time to time. Basically, wanting to be a father/mother/caretaker or having fantasies of being one with paternal/maternal/x-ternal bonding. It's distinct from wanting to reproduce though it's closely related.

I have baby fever when I hear baby crying, I want to hold them and make them feel better.

Huh, I guess I'm the only person in this thread who likes the idea of kids and wants to work towards that someday.

"Baby" fever: No

"A child over the age of five that isn't mine biologically but who I'm sometimes responsible for" fever: Yeah, occasionally

Idk, I'm just not into the super little ones. I like playing with other people's babies, but when it comes to me actually being responsible for kids, I'd prefer them to be a little older.

To answer your question: Yes, sometimes seeing parents having fun with their kiddos triggers those feelings of wanting a non-infant kid for me, especially when it's parents engaging in activities that look like fun, but actually wouldn't be much fun/might seem kinda weird if you're a childless adult doing it by yourself (like building a pillow fort in the living room, etc.)

• Like 1

I knew even when I was still a kid that I didn’t really want kids.  I am 54 now and , I would have very quick fleeting thoughts, but I never really wanted them at the end of the day.  I would have been a good mother as far as them being cared for and their needs met, but I would have been an unhappy mom and that would have not been good for any children that I would have had.

Heh, sometimes I am curious what kind of mother I would be, and what kind of people my offspring would become after being raised by me.

No. Eww, tiny humans.

• Like 2
19 minutes ago, Homer said:

No. Eww, tiny humans.

Given how tall you are that would be more or less all of us.

• Like 1

I have protective instincts that kick in sometimes, but their object is just as likely to be a person my own age or an animal as a baby/child.  The idea of having biological kids has never really appealed to me, either.

I have nothing against babies, but I just can't see myself as being a very good parent, for a variety of reasons.  Having a noise sensitivity doesn't mix well with caring for an infant long-term.