Why I hate pronouns

Perspektiv
3 hours ago, SocialMorays said:

For what it's worth, Terry Blas made an excellent comic about the problems with "Latinx," why it doesn't make much sense in the context of Spanish, and discusses what makes "Latine" a better alternative.

Nice. That makes way more sense. 

• Like 1
Calligraphette_Coe
On 4/11/2021 at 12:00 AM, verily-forsooth-egads said:

You're under no obligation to contribute to the normalization of pronouns! Cis allies made the bed, and you, a person with a nontraditional relationship with gender, get to lie in it. Do whatever makes you comfortable, and anyone who pressures you otherwise can stuff it.

The trouble with having that nontradional relationship with gender when you're androgynous and sir'd and ma'am'd in the same week is that pronouns and how you react to them becomes a matter of doing code switching transparently to make those others feel comfortable with _you_. I somtimes feel the best I can do in the glass closet is to embrace that code switching and be really good at it so as to get by in a heavily gendered world going down the garden path of least resistance.