Ace Interviews - Looking for Volunteers (Social Media, Translators, Editors, Graphic Design)

Squeep

Hi all!

I posted a few weeks ago looking for people who wanted to share their stories about asexuality. I'm glad to say I received a flood of responses (...and am always open to more, so feel free to contact if you'd like to share your own!). You can see some of those stories over on Instagram and here on Youtube

Because this project is quickly growing, my team and I simply can't keep up with the workload! For that reason, I'm seeking volunteers to help in the following positions: 

1. Social Media: Right now, we especially need help with our Twitter and starting a Facebook, and these can be separate positions. We'd love to add TikTok in the future but aren't prioritizing it just yet. Managing Twitter would be fairly simple, as it involves compiling any questions we receive (spoiler: none yet 🙃) to be answered in Q&Ace videos, as well as tweeting links to our new Insta posts and Youtube videos. I suspect this will take 1-2 hours a week. Concerning Facebook, we'll probably just share said posts and videos for the time being with a fun caption, so this should also take about an hour a week.

2. Closed Captions Editor: Each of our videos includes closed captions. Though they auto-generate, they're often incorrect (I can't tell you how often allo becomes aloe lol), so we're looking for someone who can go through the videos and edit what's off. I've done the first two, and they each took a little under two hours. We're hoping to do one video a week, so this would likely be a 2 hour weekly commitment as well. 

3. Translators: We've received several international stories, some of which came from people who said they'd be more comfortable speaking in a language other than English. If you know a second language and would like to help out, please comment! I can't say how long this would take, as it would depend on context and the person.

4. Insta Graphic Design: Since every ace person is unique, we've been trying to give everyone their own unique design for Insta. We send them two designs and let them choose which they prefer. We're looking for people to send us designs that we can use to input text. Again, the time commitment here depends on the person, but a fun design can be as quick as ten minutes. 

5. Final Video Editor: This person would be in charge of reviewing all videos before they go live, ensuring that there are no audio or content issues. Since each video is about 30 minutes, and since we're hoping to release one a week, this position should require between 30 minutes and an hour each week. 

I might add to this list in the future, but seems like a good amount so far : ) I've been blown away by how excited people have been toward this project, and I really want it to continue, so I hope to connect with some of you and take Ace Chat to the next level! Thanks all, and hope you have the best, first ever International Asexuality Day tomorrow!! :D

• 3 weeks later...

Hi! 

Just saw this message although it's been a while so the need might already be filled!
I'm a demi straight man and I'd love to help your team on this project! I think giving the opportunity to people to speak freely about their experience can only be beneficial to this community and the understanding of our situation by allos.

I'm currently working as communication project consultant so I'd be more than happy to give a hand to help manage Twitter/Facebook publications and DMs!
I'm also a native French speaker so i'll be able to translate anything coming in from French-speaking countries :)

You can DM here or send a quick email to belin18@live.fr!

On 4/25/2021 at 2:44 PM, belin18 said:

Hi! 

Just saw this message although it's been a while so the need might already be filled!
I'm a demi straight man and I'd love to help your team on this project! I think giving the opportunity to people to speak freely about their experience can only be beneficial to this community and the understanding of our situation by allos.

I'm currently working as communication project consultant so I'd be more than happy to give a hand to help manage Twitter/Facebook publications and DMs!
I'm also a native French speaker so i'll be able to translate anything coming in from French-speaking countries :)

You can DM here or send a quick email to belin18@live.fr!

Thanks so much for reaching out! I've responded to you on Instagram : ) 

Archived