Looking for magazine project participants, anyone on the A-spectrum

PremadeUsername

PremadeUsername

Hello! I am looking for participants in a magazine mock-up project for my Women's and Sexualities class, and I was hoping to potentially find some here. I chose to do it on A-spectrum visibility and education because I myself am ace/aro and it took a while for me to both realize and come to terms with it, and more visibility would have made it much easier. There are a few sections where I need participants:

- Contributing author- I need an article or story written by an outside source. If anyone has a story they are willing to tell about their own journey of realization or acceptance, an idea for an informative piece, a combination of the two, or something different, please reach out. I had one previously but she got busy and had to drop out. As an example, hers was going to be on beings ace and in a long term relationship with an allosexual person.

- Interviewee's- I will be interviewing people on their experience being on the a-spectrum, and other related topics. Anyone is great for this as long as they are comfortable with themselves or at least with sharing. I would hate to make anyone uncomfortable. Naturally, during the interview no one will be required to answer all questions as well. These would be either over the phone or through ft or zoom. If needed a text conversation would also work as well.

- "Models"- put in quotation marks because I mean it only in that these participants would be photography subjects. I am trying to convey the diversity of the community, so anyone and everyone is welcome. I would provide light instruction and examples on the photography so that the magazine feels coherent, but it would be up to the participant to take the photo due to distance and Covid. Nothing fancy would be required, not even a nice camera.

If anyone is willing to participate in one or multiple of these sections that would be great! I would love to have the photographs match with the interviews but I also understand the desire for anonymity if that is important. Please reach out!

This project has been approved by the Project Team.

Archived