Hopeless Romantic Ace Thread

k_ace

I’m happily married and don’t think I have/had a lot of crushes. But I love love! I read a lot of romance novels. 

On 4/5/2021 at 3:47 PM, `Silver said:

The desire is definitely there for me, I just get cockblocked by my own lack of attraction for the vast majority of people I come across. That, or incompatibility with orientations (most of the time them being sexual and/or wanting some form of sexual intimacy one way or another), life and relationship goals (e.g. I'm childfree and have specific countries I'd move to, but I wouldn't move anywhere for anyone), and the like.

I approach relationships very rationally, maybe even too much so :D

You just described this perfectly for me! 🙋🏾‍♀️

This is kinda me? I'm aroace but still appreciate seeing my friends do romantic things for their significant other haha

i swear I want romance but idk if I felt romance before. I'm definitely capable of it, though.

Yeah, that might be me. But I don't know if I'm into the real romance or just the concept.

I definitely have a romantic side.  I love kisses, hugs and cuddles but have held back because it’s assumed sex should follow.  Last week  I was told by my father yet again that I will spend the rest of my alone since I don’t want sex.  I have been feeling crummy since then.  It’s frustrating because I have a lot of love, care and compassion that I would like to share with someone, but I’m being told in so many words that is not natural without sex.  It’s very depressing.

Oberon Jasper

I guess I am? I really like the idea of relationships and the one that I did have was really nice... but I'm very plagued by the fact that all things must come to an end which usually leads to me self-sabotaging potential relationships.... people want you to be here and now... not preparing for the worst case scenario constantly.

DemonicEnby

I like romance, I like the concept of it and the sweet little gestures here and there (though some would probably not be viewed as such by others).

But at the same time I have just neither will, nor desire to start dating and getting to know someone etc, possible sexuality (or issues caused by the lack thereof) not even included as an afterthought. 

Yes romantic I may be, but I guess you could call me relationship-tired? 

Aw, this thread is kind of adorable ❤️ 

I'd say I'm a hopeless romantic - romantic 'cause I'm not aro, and hopeless because, well, ace, amirite? Doesn't bother me too much, though - I'll give finding a partner a fair shot in college, but I'd be content staying lone too, for the independence.

I am into romance, mostly for the deep connection and friendship, but I doubt I will find anyone. Besides, relationships can get very complicated and I just don't got time for that. 

• 2 weeks later...

Uh yes, right here but i currently have a crush on a boy so that's basically off the table for an asexual

Ik there are asexual boys but i don't want to get my hopes up (so ig that's the hopeless part)

7 minutes ago, Lee C said:

Uh yes, right here but i currently have a crush on a boy so that's basically off the table for an asexual

Ik there are asexual boys but i don't want to get my hopes up (so ig that's the hopeless part)

It’s kinda the reverse for me. The reputation of guys in general means I’m not likely to be believed, then there’s my poor social skills to mess things up further.

I was starting to build a decent fantasy world but that has been shocked out of me for the time being.

I’m starting to love that really sweet stuff that used to be an eye-roller for me. Finding someone I love and would love me in return no matter what would thrill me like nothing else. I made up a related meme and really liked it so I put it in my profile.

Archived