Unusual pregnancies?

M51

Were there any unusual circumstances to your mother's pregnancy with you? Hormones, etc?  

1. 1.

• No, my mother's pregnancy was totally normal.
    • Yes, there was an unusual circumstance (please explain)
    • I don't know if there were unusual circumstances or not.

This poll is closed to new votes

Opel the Old

my mom was somewhat depressed

my father told my mom he has another wife, she was devastated

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know, but I'm suspicious.

I was the eldest child. After me, my mom had an unknown number of miscariages, including a set of twins. The next live child born after me was a boy who died of crib death when he was only a few months old.

My sister (the third live birth) seems to be okay, and my younger brother (now deceased) had some developmental issues and was gay.

Back then there were a LOT of chemicals and pesticides in the area where we lived, plus both of my parents smoked.

'Guess I can never be sure, but I will always wonder.

-GB

Miss Kitten

My mom was on drugs, the legal kind--for mental illness issues, back in the 80's when it wasn't known that the drugs could affect the baby.

My mom had a miscarriage before she had me. She was on the drugs when she had my sister, too, and she's a lesbian.

My birth mother had a terminal genetic disease and stopped taking medications to control it while she was pregnant with me. She was also in her late teenage years, which probably added to some stress. She died the day after my birth. Despite being on time, my lungs weren't fully developed and I had some other complications, including failure to thrive.

My mom has never mentioned anything going wrong with me, so I assume there were no issues.

The only slight "problem" I can think of was her water didn't break with me until after my head started comming out, so I had this bubble thing going on.

smellincoffee

I have read that the mother experiencing emotional trauma during the pregnancy of males can lead to them being short-changed when it comes to testosterone. My maternal grandfather died before I was born -- and I've long thought that that might have something to do with my asexuality. I do not, however, want to have testosterone treatments to "fix" me -- I have to shave too often for my tastes as it is! :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

Not really.

I was born two weeks late the result of an induced labour. My mother also didn't go into labour with my brother (whose sexual) who was induced at ten days late.

Aside form that and the fact she didn't look that preganant with me perfectly normal.

I understand my mother drank heavily during her pregnancy. Nothing wrong has been found with me as a result of it though, fortunately.

Frigid Pink

My mother had a normal pregnancy.

I don't believe an abnormal pregnancy is a biological influence on one's sexuality.

• 1 month later...
Shooting Star

I was two weeks late. My birthdate was supposed to be August 2, but ir wqas August 16 when I came out into the world. They actually had to induce labor in my case.

I know that heredity was at work. I was two weeks late, my sister was two weeks late, my mother was two weeks late, my grandmother was two weeks lake, and so on. I wonder why that is.

Okay, so apparently my mom had a doctor's visit a while ago and was told she has a small pelvis. She says no one's ever said anything like that before. I'm not sure if that has anything to do with her inability to go into labor, but it probably could.

She had trouble with both my older half-brother and I, but my half-brother seems to be an average sexual (he's thirtyish, married, one child).

There was an unusual circumstance. But I would rather not discuss it. Since it is personal and some things I like to keep it personal and not out for everyone to know. Sorry, But there are some things about me that I don't want everyone to know.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm another for the "unusual pregnancy" category ... well, I don't know how unusual the pregnancy was, but I know my birth was pretty strange.

I was apparently sitting upright, with my legs crossed (still my preferred sitting position :D), and my umbilical cord wrapped around my neck.

Needless to say, my mother had a C section. :P

i also had no problems with my brith, but i did take almost a full day from when contractions started till i decided to enter the great abyss beyond

When my mom was pregnant with me she had a lot of problems with vomiting and such and she was put on a few medications that wer later banned cuz they wer speculated to have non-specific birth defects. I have a lot of disabilities some of witch maybe could partley be blamed on those meds.

I was born 3 weeks premature, and was put in the natal intensive care unit until I could breathe normally on my own. There was also something that was supposed to break, but didn't...not sure if it was her water or whatever sac the baby's in.

Guest Heligan

I was born at the end of december, instead of the beginning of March... pretty early; I weighed 3lbs.

I was kept in hospital in an incubator until the end of March. That was back in the days when parents werent allowed and physical contact with the baby.

It must have been awful for them because the drs kept telling them I was going to die, they even christened me.

There was something wrong with the umbillical cord too, it was too thin or something. Oh and I was a forceps delivery. Amniotic band syndrome caused loss of some fingers too.

I never really wrote it all out before, guess thats pretty bad isnt it.

• 2 weeks later...
Kiløhertz

Apparently, when I was born, my head slammed into my mother's pelvic bone. XDD She also had me really fast.. in 28 minutes. O.o That's all I can think of, though, that might be unusual.

unusal circumstance.

My mother as far as I know of my granpa tried to abort me by herself in third months.as far as I know i was a late birth , i was collected by the doctors becasue they thought i shouldnt stay in any longer or so..

my mom is never in labor long, and tells me she's never experienced much discomfort, and it all usually happens too fast for even the ambulance to get here, so me and one of my brothers were born at home.

Well, I was a breech baby, so they had to take me out via C-section. I'm not sure if that's unusual or not.

ChildOfTheLight

I was born 26 days early. I'm not sure how unusual that is, though.

I was in the birth canal for about 4 hours because the doctor realized he needed to do a C-section, but because he was getting off in a couple of hours, he left me for the next doctor. Oh, and he also tried to convince my mother to abort me or put me up for adoption because she was single and either way he would make more money. Or so she tells me. :-)

Glitter Spock
I was born a few weeks late, so my mom was extremely sick of being pregnant by the time she had me, but nothing that could really be considered unusual.

Same here. Not sure how late I was, but I know I was late. And apparently I also was lazy and took my sweet time during delivery -- as if I could have made the conscious decision to be lazy at birth.

Well nothing medically unusual...but I was born in a snowstorm and I got a bunch of free stuff for being the new year's baby for the hospital I was born in. It was technically New Year's Eve but there were no babies born the next day.

• 1 month later...

Beyond being born in under half an hour, absolutely nothing unusual.

Archived