Describe your identity as specifically as possible

verily-forsooth-egads

verily-forsooth-egads

Most of us have, at some point after learning of the possibilities, journeyed deep into the realm of microlabels, surfaced triumphantly with the perfect collection of terms, and then, sooner or later, ended up settling for something a little broader and better-known, because it felt silly or no one knew what you were talking about.

Now's the time to bring all that back. What do you usually call yourself, versus the most precise, esoteric description of your orientation and gender you can give, leaving no facet glossed over? (Doesn't matter if you ever vocally identified with them, just use all the terms—minimize redundancy for bonus points though.)

I usually settle for "nonbinary aroace" if I need a label at all, but specifically I am a *deep breath*

Gray-sapioandroquoiromantic, gray-autochorisgynosexual, sex-repulsed, agenderflux, egogender, cissexual AFAB person

I think I could pad it out a little more but I don't want to set the bar too high

What about you?

• Like 15

Bisexual cis female. Pretty straightforward.

• Like 7
verily-forsooth-egads
3 minutes ago, CBC said:

Bisexual cis female. Pretty straightforward.

Must be nice being you.

• Like 3
Just now, verily-forsooth-egads said:

Must be nice being you.

How incredibly presumptuous. It isn't. Not even close.

• Like 20
Fraggle Underdark

Doing this deliberately is kind of fun.

Something like: celibacy-favorable demisexual alloromantic brownitian non-aligned agender

• Like 4
verily-forsooth-egads
1 minute ago, CBC said:

How incredibly presumptuous. It isn't. Not even close.

I apologize.

• Like 7

I guess.. aro/ace with aesthetic attraction towards men? 😗 If we're leaving out fetishes.

• Like 4
AshesRising

I’m just Nobinary Trixic Asexual. Not quite sure how to lengthen that out. 

• Like 2
Purple Red Panda

To be honest I'm happy just with Biromantic-Asexual and Agendered (I'll add AMAB when I feel it's relevant). I probably could come up with something more specific but don't really feel the desire to. In the end my sexuality is unique to me (as I believe eveyone elses is to them) so I simply use labels to give a general idea, anything more specific can come out in conversation. I'm not opposed to microlabels or people using them it just isn't for me.

• Like 9
Captain_Tass

Nonbinary/genderqueer butch lesbian

8 minutes ago, Purple Red Panda said:

I probably could come up with something more specific but don't really feel the desire to. In the end my sexuality is unique to me (as I believe eveyone elses is to them) so I simply use labels to give a general idea, anything more specific can come out in conversation. I'm not opposed to microlabels or people using them it just isn't for me.

Ditto, took me a while to figure that out!

• Like 7
Oberon Jasper

Transgender demiboy, demisensual, asexual, sex averse, somewhere between torenromantic and cupioromantic (not really a label that fits my romantic feelings well so I mostly use the label abroromantic which is a fluid romantic attraction), panalterous, and aesthetically down with everyone.

This was kind of fun. (I like researching obscure attractions just for the hell of it so it'll be fun to see if one I don't know pops up and I can then research it).

• Like 4
Raine.on.my.parade

I identify as a biromantic asexual non-binary person but I'm actually demi-omniromantic asexual and not entirely sure what my gender is.  I'm on the genderfluid spectrum but I'm not entirely sure where. I would probably describe myself as a 'consistently-me-inconsistently-gendered' person who bounces around the middle of the gender spectrum though

• Like 4
InvisibleSquid

AroAce? Nah. Cis male recipromantic/bellusromantic sex-favorable asexual with intense hetero-leaning sensual and aesthetic attraction properties. There's probably a bit more to it, but I'm still caffeinating. 

• Like 3

what i usually tell people is that i am Aro/Ace nonbinary........

What i tell myself I am is Pan/Gray-aromantic sex repulsed Asexual Nonbinary Pangender. (Im looking at some of your answers and yall have some big words for yours omg)

• Like 2

I've never got further than asexual as a label. I get thoroughly confused by all the new (to me) labels I see every day on AVEN. I have to look up many of them (or I just skip over them). Even the asexual one is really just for me. I don't really feel any need to 'come out', though if (by some small chance) it did come up in a personal situation, I wouldn't be averse to talking about it.

Maybe it's at least partly my generation - I didn't grow up with this plethora of labels, or, I guess, the growing awareness of all the gradations that there can be, so I don't feel a burning desire to use them.

• Like 4

An demi-romantic leaning toward aromantic asexual that is a former heteroromantic heterosexual.

• Like 2

I'm a celibate lady who likes dudes but not sex. I'm also allergic to microlabeling.

• Like 15
quadfasciata

I'll descibe mine with as few microlabels as possible (but still with detail):

Genderfluid(-ish) person who usually stays near agender but slides all around. I'm usually aroace, but when I'm feeling on the more female side of things, I think I switch to lesbian.

• Like 4
Anthracite_Impreza

Trans-male, mechakin, (grey?)mecha-romantic, sex-repulsed-but-still-dirty-minded asexual, Crazy Snail Dad.

• Like 7
VeryAsexyIndeed

If someone asked I’d say I’m aroace and nonbinary, but if Id describe it as specifically as I could I think I’m a (probably) sex-indifferent aroace, pan/omni-alterous, maybe polyplatonic but not sure. My gender is I think gray-pangender or gray-trigender or something other gray-multigender, trans-nonbinary. I think that’s it lol.

• Like 3

Lol, that's fun. I'mma try that. I gave up on microlabels pretty soon though, so I'm going to have to do some Google/tumblr diving still.

I generally say I'm panromantic asexual nonbinary. I can't make it smaller than that without losing vital information :) 

---1 hour later---

• asexual, autochorissexual, sex-repulsed,
  • afab librafluid nonbinary transgender,
  • ambiamorous (that one took some serious googling)
  • Romance-favorable gray-omniromantic, low romance drive (That last one I made up because I couldn't find an accurate label online after extensive Googling, but I feel like that's how this works right, you just coin terms left and right? It's basically the romantic version of near-nonlibidoist.)
  • omnialterous,
  • lightly touch averse omnisensual,
  • omniaesthetic,
  • omniplatonic (cuz yeah if we're going to stretch this out as long as possible, better get an orientation label for ALL types of attraction in there),

Through this exercise I found out that omniromantic is the one where you can still have a gender 'preference', while pan are supposed to be 'genderblind'. The more you know. Now I don't know where biromantic is supposed to fit into this.

Oh well I'm still going to say pan, because that makes the pancake pun.

I feel like if I'd wanted to I could've milked neurodivergency for more padding, but I've googled enough :) 

• Like 11

Here goes nothing...

Bisexual, although sometimes I do wonder if pansexual or polysexual would also be accurate. I do seem to have a preference for AMAB’s though.

Fictosexual, especially towards anime/manga characters.

Sort of polyamorous. I used to have a harem of lots of husbandos and a few waifus. Lately I’ve been mostly committed to Speed o Sound Sonic as my one and only husbando, although I do sometimes get little crushes on other characters.

As for gender, cis-female who sometimes likes cross-dressing I guess.

• Like 2

Um ... I’m not that interesting lol.

Greygender, hetero/andro-alloromantic, demi-heterosensual, grey-heterosexual female who is currently effectively asexual.

I could probably go a little further but I’d rather not lmao I think that covers all the most important stuff

• Like 3
Blue eyes white dragon

Lets see....

Demi and/or grey heteromantic, asexual that is ok with sex in theory and will participate depending on the situation but prefers not to for sexual identity. Gender identity fluctuates between agender and female (usually nonconforming when the that is present) but doesnt care what you refer to as unless you are being sexist. I just stick with female pronouns for convenience and they dont bother me really (its other stuff that makes me upset) 

• Like 5

Hetero-demiromantic asexual cisfemale, with mostly whateverthefuckuwant pronouns

confused at sex, sex-indifferent, and really bored

• Like 2

Um, how long does one need to be questioning before "quoi" becomes an accurate description (under the "Questioning romanticism/sexuality for such a long time that the questioning itself becomes the identity, rather than a path toward any other more stable identity" definition)? It's only been 10-11 months (barely 2% of my life so far), and for most of that time I've just been letting the question sit (not actively trying to answer it) - is that long enough?

If "quoi" isn't accurate for me, then I guess see my profile description.

If it is:

Cis male heteroaesthetic heterosensual quoigrayheteroromantic theoretically-sex-favorable heteroanegoquoisexual.

(Also, romance-virgin and sex-virgin. Those aren't part of an orientation, but they can add some context.)

There are some odd combinations there. By "quoigrayhetero", I mean that I more likely than not (not definitely, and not sure enough to call it "probably") have at least a "gray" level of romanticism, rather than being fully aro, and to whatever extent I do have any romantic attraction it's hetero-oriented. Similarly, by "heteroanegoquoi", I mean that whatever sexual attraction I have (if, in fact, I do have any) is hetero-oriented, and if I am ace or ace-spec then there is an anegosexual component.

• Like 3
What I call myself: No label/No label/Asexual

What I technically could be: AFAB nondysphoric cisgenderless/bi-agenderfluid weakly-biromantic androsensual panplatonic sex-averse celibate asexual

Man, what a mess! I think I'll just stick with a label free lifestyle. But out of curiousity- is there a word for a gender that is solely based on other's perceptions of you? Such as, when someone views you as male you adopt a masculine gender and vice versa?
  • Like 2