Star Wars: The High Republic Introduced a New Asexual Character

Forest Spirit

Good ol’ representation. Disney could never

Fraggle Underdark

Not that related but want to share the fun fact that the game Star Wars: The Old Republic has a very minor character named AVEN:

49pf60.jpg

49pf7v.jpg

Yeah, Disney will either change it like Riverdale with Jughead or not portray it at all.

I'm actually reading the book in which the character appears right now.  He's a fun character, but then, why does the Ace have to be the eccentric one?  Oh well.  It's still good advertising, I guess.

• 2 months later...
On 3/28/2021 at 8:43 PM, SithLord said:

Yeah, Disney will either change it like Riverdale with Jughead or not portray it at all.

I don't get what you mean. It's a book published by Disney. Three canonical ace characters have been revealed in the Star Wars universe lately, all after Disney's acquisition of the franchise.

I did read all three. You can see my informed opinion here:

https://thesilvermuseum.blogspot.com/2021/06/an-update-on-aroaces-in-pop-culture.html

On 6/9/2021 at 10:39 AM, Masterman said:

I don't get what you mean. It's a book published by Disney. Three canonical ace characters have been revealed in the Star Wars universe lately, all after Disney's acquisition of the franchise.

I did read all three. You can see my informed opinion here:

https://thesilvermuseum.blogspot.com/2021/06/an-update-on-aroaces-in-pop-culture.html

I was more talking about their movies or shows, things that make headlines rather than just the blog-o-sphere.

As a side comment, you said in that blog post that "one of them even appears in the films!" despite later saying she was filmed but then excluded from the film, with the clips being released later. That does not mean appear in the films, that means exists in deleted scenes. 

On 6/11/2021 at 5:34 AM, SithLord said:

I was more talking about their movies or shows, things that make headlines rather than just the blog-o-sphere.

As a side comment, you said in that blog post that "one of them even appears in the films!" despite later saying she was filmed but then excluded from the film, with the clips being released later. That does not mean appear in the films, that means exists in deleted scenes. 

If you keep reading, you'll see I explain that she does appear in the next film and wasn't deleted from that one.

21 hours ago, Masterman said:

If you keep reading, you'll see I explain that she does appear in the next film and wasn't deleted from that one.

Ah, okay. My bad for not reading thoroughly then. 

Archived