Participants Needed... Microaggressions Against Asexuals and Their Impact on Mental Health... TW: Questionnaire may bring up unpleasant memories.

lxs5627

Hi everyone!

I am currently an undergrad at Penn State University, World Campus.  I am in a class that is requiring me to do a semester-long research project, and I chose to do my project on microaggressions that asexuals experience and their impact on mental health.  I need as many participants as possible,  and the deadline for questionnaire participation is April 5th.  All participants have the option to remain anonymous.  All responses will remain confidential, and no results will be used outside of my class presentations/papers.  All of my contact information, and that of my professor, is in the consent form of the first page of my questionnaire, along with more details about my study.  However, I will include my contact information in this post: lxs5627@psu.edu.  If you have any questions or concerns, do not hesitate to reach out to me.  

Here is the link to my questionnaire: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfp3bZB05UFBTweM0olQ1BwhKuqcleb-kKEmaMPACpoQa3MRg/viewform

Again, if you have any questions or concerns, or any issues with the questionnaire, do not hesitate to reach out to me.

Thank you all for your time!

This study has been approved by the Project Team.

hudsonvalley76

I feel discrimination on this Website when I post about being a virgin. 

5 minutes ago, hudsonvalley76 said:

This was addressed in a different thread, but as you replied, I would suggest instead you fill out the form and insert that in the equation if you think it fits

5 minutes ago, hudsonvalley76 said:

Really? 😮 That sounds surprising, considering that a lot of asexuals are virgins.

1 hour ago, hudsonvalley76 said:

Really? That's fairly odd. There is a lot of virgins here especially those who are sex repulsed and absolutely don't want to have sex for any reason (like me, for example) and I have yet to meet anything remotely hateful (and I'm very open/prideful being a virgin and sex repulsed).

2 hours ago, hudsonvalley76 said:

If it makes you feel better I’m a virgin in my early 20s and I’ve seen others on here the same.

2 hours ago, hudsonvalley76 said:

I haven't experienced discrimination in the same way you have, so I am not going to pretend I know what that feels like.  I will say that I am not picking and choosing instances of discrimination, so if you feel comfortable filling out the questionnaire, include it.  I would like to include as many voices from the asexual community as possible.  If not, it's perfectly fine.

21 hours ago, hudsonvalley76 said:

I have literally never seen an instance of virgin discrimination on this website and I've been here since 2013. Could you link to the threads where you've been discriminated against? Edit: found it and commented!

14 hours ago, hudsonvalley76 said:

feel discrimination on this Website when I post about being a virgin. 

There are literally so many virgins (including me!) around that it's very hard to find any discrimination with virgins.

Just ask almost anyone and they'll tell you they had s*x and hated it or that they never had and never will have s*x

12 hours ago, PanFicto. said:

I have literally never seen an instance of virgin discrimination on this website and I've been here since 2013. Could you link to the threads where you've been discriminated against?

Maybe, they meant some of the responses in their thread: A Shout Out to All the Virgins Out There! - Asexual Musings and Rantings - Asexual Visibility and Education Network (asexuality.org)

Archived