My husband of 15 years recently came out as asexual and Aromantic

NehaFromIndia

I chanced uping this thread as the 1st result when i put "asexual and aromantic husband". And eerily this came up saying 15 years in marriage. Thats exactly how long I've been married. It was a love marriage and i thought I'll make it work and he also thought he'd change. But we finally realize that this is mever going to change. In India, asexual and aromantic terms are just gaining pace. To have words to these valid kind of sexual orientation absolutrly helps. I work in LGBT+ inclusions space and thats how i could commevt the dots and after all these years realize this might be it. He still is in denial. But we will get there. Knowing this helps me not put the blame on him really and move on too. We have a 12 year old daughter.

Thank you everyone. The conversations in this thread helped me tremendously.

I haven't made the decision to formally divorce or not. But we might just go our way. I have been on dating sites since 2 years and can tell my husband all about my dates. It used to kill me to wonder how can he be fine with everything! But these two terms explains