Cake or dragons?

spencexists

apparently a common stereotype for aces is liking cake and dragons so which is better? I tried to put in a picture of a dragon on a cake but it wouldn't work so just imagine it.

• Like 2

I'm not a major dragon fan but I can't imagine how cake could be cooler than dragons. But on the other hand I wouldn't trade cheesecake for reptiles that might burn my house down.

But on the other other hand, I guess you never specified European dragons (yes I had the Dragonology book with the gems inset in the cover). This is a topic that needs careful consideration. 

/\      I I         /\

🐉    I  I        🎂

__ I  I__

(a dragon and a cake on the scales of justice. I get weird this late at night lol)

• Like 6
Ace Of Dragons
33 minutes ago, Ally123 said:

apparently a common stereotype for aces is liking cake and dragons so which is better? I tried to put in a picture of a dragon on a cake but it wouldn't work so just imagine it.

I am a dragon ace that eats cake, I also light my own birthday candles.

• Like 5
blunose2772

why one or the other? I want a cake shaped like Trogdor

• Like 4
spencexists

I was thinking of the dragons like in How to Train your Dragon. I fucking love all the dragons tho.

• Like 1
spencexists
1 minute ago, Ace Of Dragons said:

I am a dragon ace that eats cake, I also light my own birthday candles.

YES.

• Like 1
spencexists
Just now, blunose2772 said:

why one or the other? I want a cake shaped like Trogdor

Same tho. i'm sure I could get my mom to make on for me.

• Like 1
Purple Red Panda

I do like dragons but I think griffins are cooler.

• Like 3

If dragons were real I'd give up cake in order to marry one. 😃 I'll eat chocolate bars instead.

• Like 2
spencexists
21 minutes ago, Raindrops said:

If dragons were real I'd give up cake in order to marry one. 😃 I'll eat chocolate bars instead.

So much of me hopes one day people realise they were wrong and dragons do exist and I wish we could just live like in Berk. If you want a good dragon/mystical creatures book series, I HIGHLY recommend Fablehaven by Brandon Mull, it is tied for first as for favorite books and series, right up there with Nevermoor and Harry Potter.

• Like 4

Cake. At least it's real.

• Like 2
FelicityBlue

Though my sister would fight me, I have to have cake in this world. Though the idea of having little house pet dragons is so appealing.

• Like 1

Can I have Drogon? If yes then I can just steal cakes.

Anyone says I can’t I have one word for them: Dracarys.

• Like 1
Janus the Fox

Moved to Asexual Musings and Rantings

Janus DarkFox

Cover Tea and Sympathy/(h)AVEN, Weekends Asexual Relationships, Current Questions about Asexuality, Asexual Musings and Rantings & Open Mic Moderator

Purple Red Panda
3 hours ago, Homer said:

Cake. At least it's real.

spacer.png

• Like 4

Pls explain me someone the dragon-thing😅 I got the “cake is better than sex” thing but I don’t understand where the dragons come from

• Like 1
Anthracite_Impreza

As a military history dork I would like to propose an alternative - dragoons.

02_187_Book_illustrations_of_Historical_

• Like 2
Purple Red Panda
26 minutes ago, Anthracite_Impreza said:

dragoons

Is it me or does that horse look really worried?

• Like 3
Anthracite_Impreza
2 minutes ago, Purple Red Panda said:

Is it me or does that horse look really worried?

They're mortified by their rider's choice of hat, that's all.

• Like 3
Purple Red Panda
3 minutes ago, Anthracite_Impreza said:

They're mortified by their rider's choice of hat, that's all.

Yep, personally if I was going to have a soldier ride me I'd like them to be wearing a nice czapka

spacer.png

• Like 2
everywhere and nowhere

I don't really care much about dragons, so definitely cake. But on the other hand - I love sweets, sure, but the rule of thumb seems to be that the tastiest cakes are usually not very visually impressive and the most flamboyant cakes taste like paper. ;) So, in this sense - I'm even a bit more into admiring cakes than into eating them. I'm not good at preparing them myself, so usually I'd rather eat simpler sweets - wafer bars (usually chocolate, vanilla, strawberry, caramel or lemon flavoured, depending on what teas I have :P), flavoured milk rice or my own invention: whipped chocream!*

And I don't know about dragons on cakes, but there are sure a lot of dragon cakes:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

*Recipe:

30% fat** cream (sorry, I don't know the American terminology such as "heavy ceam", "double cream" - or yup, I know that it exists, but have no idea what corresponds to what)

caster sugar

starch-based whipped cream stiffener

cocoa - "quick", easily soluble cocoa works fine

Whip cream with sugar, when it's already quite stiff, add a little cream stiffener and then cocoa, mix thoroughly.

**I'll add this as a spoiler, because this cream-based rant is sure an offtopic... but it's something I can't understand and nobody has ever been able to explain it to me.

Spoiler

In Poland, cream is usually "measured" by fat content. At least what is available in stores (I have seen my granny, in a smaller town, buy "real rural cream" at a marketplace - it was kept in a jar and thick like butter). At stores, the typical "measurements" are 10%, 12%, 18%, 22%, 30%, 36% and (very rare) 42%. What annoys me is that I would expect a reasonably linear relationship between fat content and thickness, but actually it's far from that.

• 10% (sour, mostly for salads etc.) - I'm not sure, because I haven't eaten it for a long time, but I think it's quite thin
  • 12% (sour, for salads and soups) - similar as above, maybe a little thicker
  • 18% (sour, the most typical kind for soups and sauces, I buy it often) - fairly thick, needs a spoon
  • 22% (sour, mostly for sauces) - very thick
  • 30% (sweetish by itself, mostly used for whipped cream and other sweet stuff) - very thin, fluid, can be poured without using a spoon
  • 36% (sweetish too, only used for sweet dishes) - very thick, needs a spoon and shaking the spoon a bit to get the cream off ;)
  • 42% (advertised as good for homemade butter) - and this one was again very thin...

I Just Can't Understand It... :mad:

• Like 2
everywhere and nowhere

And a bit more dragon cakes, because I always feel like I shouldn't include too many in one post... :redface:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png (It's a choco-cake too :))

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 4
everywhere and nowhere

I just can't resist them! :redface: A bit more of the Chinese style:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 3

I just adore dragons, both the fantasy and sciency kinds. (To all ye non believers, please know that komodo dragons, leafy sea dragons, etc. exist and they are a blessing to this world). Cake is neat, but personally, I'm not always in the mood for sweets =w=

6 hours ago, Ally123 said:

So much of me hopes one day people realise they were wrong and dragons do exist and I wish we could just live like in Berk. If you want a good dragon/mystical creatures book series, I HIGHLY recommend Fablehaven by Brandon Mull, it is tied for first as for favorite books and series, right up there with Nevermoor and Harry Potter.

I'd love to check those series out :0. Some dragon books I've read are the Inheritance Cycle by Christopher Paolini (I rlly like the magic system here) and Memoirs of Lady Trent by Marie Brennan (this is more sciency. I'm just at the second book but it's absolutely wonderful). I've tried reading Riders of Pern, but while the setting is intriguing,,, the characters put me off too much  : /

• Like 2

Okay, so dragons are fun. But I don’t get their relevance to asexuality.

Cake, however... Coffee walnut....lemon drizzle...Victoria sponge...Dundee cake...Somerset Apple Cake...marmalade cake... ... ...

Summary: cake for the win.

Janus the Fox

Welsh Dragon no more to say :P

flag-800.png

• Like 2
7 hours ago, Ally123 said:

I HIGHLY recommend Fablehaven by Brandon Mull

+1 for Fablehaven! There's also a series that comes after Fablehaven called Dragonwatch (middle grade books but they're still good)

• Like 1
Rhyn Corinn

I like cake but for this one I'll have to go with dragons, for reasons some may be aware of 👀

And I'm also a big fan of Fablehaven and it's sequel series! (which reminds me i still need to finish reading book 3...)

• Like 1