Job: Stand or Sit

GingerRose

Do you stand or sit more for your job?  

89 members have voted

1. 1. Do you stand or sit more for your job?

• Stand
    • Sit
    • I am in another position mostly for my job. (put in comments)
    • I don't have a job but I wanted to click something.

This poll is closed to new votes

J. van Deijck
On 3/28/2021 at 3:59 AM, Ion said:

Fast food does not give you many opportunities to sit. My low back and feet hurt by the end of even a 4 hr shift. I dread 8 hr shifts...

I used to have 12 hours shifts while mostly standing. My back and feet are thankful until today :lol:

• 1 month later...

Couldn't say.

On one hand I work as a gymnastics teacher. Of course I often stand around for some short moments but never for long as I take part in most of the exercises.

On the other hand I am also a scholar and sit at my desk or in the library a lot.

That last option sums me up perfectly

LogicalStroopwafel

I work in an office, so mostly sitting. But I like to pace around while thinking from time to time, so that’s when I stand I guess.

I could also turn my desk into a standing desk (we all have electronically height adjustable desks), but I’ve never felt the need to do that

I have a adjustable desk but I stand all the time anyway. Because i walk from the desk to the machines ( laser engravers and UV printer) so sitting down is just annoying.

I work an office job but have been working from home for the past 6 months, so all I do is sit. When I was still at the office I would often mix things up and adjust my desk so I could stand for a few hours.

I really wish I had invested some extra money into an adjustable desk for myself 😕 

On 3/12/2021 at 2:47 AM, Autumn Twilight said:

My tailbone got nailed mighty hard when I was 13 I think. Sitting for extended periods no longer hurts but it did for a very long time, so I reckon yours will also get better with time. Now I get back pain if I stand still for too long, but other than that it’s okay.

I injured my tailbone about 20 years ago.  Now that I am in my 50’s I have pain most days.  Sitting too much, it hurts.  Standing still too much, it hurts.  I am currently looking for a job.  There are a lot of retail jobs, but I’m am not going to be able to stand at a register for hours on end.  I am hoping I can get back to an office position where I can mix it up a bit.  I would even be fine with a job that there is a lot of walking.

2 minutes ago, NewStart said:

I injured my tailbone about 20 years ago.  Now that I am in my 50’s I have pain most days.  Sitting too much, it hurts.  Standing still too much, it hurts.  I am currently looking for a job.  There are a lot of retail jobs, but I’m am not going to be able to stand at a register for hours on end.  I am hoping I can get back to an office position where I can mix it up a bit.  I would even be fine with a job that there is a lot of walking.

That must have been one nasty injury. My tailbone doesn’t really bother me anymore, it’s my lower back that’s the problem.

Walking isn’t a problem for me either; back when I was too broke to hire any help I pushed two large TVs home on a convertible trolley over three days. Each trip was about 7 clicks. I have a decent amount of low-end torque so to speak. I had some help with the first one for the last leg of the trip, a little over one click I guess.

Computer work right now. That is mostly sitting. Though the occasional fun activities like crawling under desks and installing networking cables and other hardware.

I'm look for more mixed positions with at least some physical work.

• Like 1
Waist of Thyme

I don't have a job, but I have trouble sitting still for more than a few minutes so I'd probably be standing. I'm even standing and walking while eating sometimes.

• 5 weeks later...
a little annihilation

When I worked it was basically all standing. 

I'd say it's more interesting than just sitting, but takes a toll on the joints

• 9 months later...

@GingerRose

This poll is being locked and moved to the read only Census archive for it's respective year. As part of ongoing Census organisation, and in an attempt to keep the demographics of the polls current with the active user base at the time, the polls will last for one year from now on. However, members are allowed and even encouraged to restart new polls similar to the archived ones if they like them.

iff, Census Forum Moderator