Do you have any favorite music in Japanese? (日本語で好きな音楽はありますか?)

harmonic turquoise

Black Tourmaline

heck yes i do! i'm an idol wota through and through. that track you posted is bumpin! i like some Japanese hip-hop too, especially Chelmico, Lyrical School & Iri.

i support Sakamichi Series idol groups (Nogizaka46/Hinatazaka46/Sakurazaka46). my oshi-men are Hoshino Minami, Tomita Suzuka & Masumoto Kira. some other idols/artists i follow are Dempagumi.inc, Yurumerumo, Chiyono Ide, KOTO, WASUTA, PassCode, Shingeki, Anthurium, SAKA-SAMA, BiSH, Seiko Oomori, Pour Lui, Okinawa Electric Girl SAYA, Girls2, Lyrical School, Nanahira, Daoko, NakamuraEmi, REOL, Zombie-Chang, ThisIsNats, Yakushimaru Etsuko...a lot really as J-Pop & idol make up like 99% of what i listen to.

i do a weekly podcast on archive.org featuring mostly new, mostly underground idols and some J-Pop as well. you can check it out here:

https://archive.org/details/@black_tourmaline?and[]=chika+idol+matsuri&sort=-publicdate

• Like 4
harmonic turquoise

Black Tourmaline, you are much more familiar with the Japanese music scene than I am. I very proud of you. Your music taste is fun!

• Like 3
Forest Spirit

Amazarashi ❤️ I may not understand a word while listening but love it, the texts are so powerful

One of the reasons for me to learn Japanese (hopefully again in the future) is understanding these songs😊

• Like 4
Forest Spirit
1 minute ago, Harmonic turquoise said:

Quasar.w, I knew this song for the first time. amazarashi is nice!

It's honestly the only Japanese musician I follow, guess he just strikes a specific chord in me😅

nutterwithasolderingiron

it's not in japanese but they are a japanese band. i met them a few years ago and they were all super sweet and friendly. their drummer seen my friend was having back pains, he ran downstairs, grabbed a big comfy chair, carried it up the stairs and just said "just in case" 

• Like 4
harmonic turquoise

I also listened to amazarasi's other songs and became to like them . I will follow the band from now on. Thank you, Quasar.w for telling me!

nutterwithasolderingiron, taffy is a fashionable and very kind. I'm Japanese and I'm taught Japanese music by people from overseas. It's amused and also strange feeling.

• Like 1

One of my favorite bands is a Japanese deathcore band called Nocturnal Bloodlust. I highly recommend you check them out if you're into metal; they're amazing!

• Like 4
Black Tourmaline
2 hours ago, Harmonic turquoise said:

Your music taste is fun

thank you. i hope some of those artists might appeal to you.

• Like 1
harmonic turquoise

Ldlelee, listening to NOCTURNAL BLOODLUST, my sleepy head woke up. I'm really about to awaken.

Black Tourmaline, I'm very enjoying the music on your site.

• Like 2

There's so much I like, and people here have shared lovely things already, which I'm really grateful for 😌 for me, it started with a classmate in lower secondary school who was from Japan who one day let me listen to what she was listening to, it being some vocaloid songs, so then I started listening to that and it lead to me learning Japanese casually for a while and then even living in Japan for almost a year ^^ now I mostly listen to utaite/vocaloid-"adjacent" music rather than actual vocaloid though I still do that a bit and have many favourite songs ^^ if I was to list some of my favourites with samples I guess something like this could do (very hard to choose just one each but I tried; I could also have listed a lot more just in general but well that would've been a lot so):

Spoiler

Mafumafu

Soraru

Harumaki Gohan

Yonezu Kenshi

Sou

InvaderT

Eve

Itou Kashitarou

(and to also have a vocaloid song in there, Jin with IA)

... just to name a few ^^

• Like 3

Oh boy, so much! Similar to Nazokashii, lots of vocaloid and utaites, along with a handful of J-pop and J-rock acts.

Mafumafu is probably my top favourite, his musical styles are very diverse and his lyrics are powerful. He also has an incredible vocal range.

One of my top vocaloid producers is R-906. I don’t really know what any of their songs are about but many of them give me nostalgic or uplifting vibes, although there are a few darker-sounding ones too. They have a very unique style that I’ve never heard before.

I also really like Ado, she’s just started gaining attention recently. She’s like eighteen years old but she’s already developed a distinct vocal style.

Okay I’m done rambling lol

:)

• Like 5
15 hours ago, Artemis42 said:

Mafumafu is probably my top favourite, his musical styles are very diverse and his lyrics are powerful. He also has an incredible vocal range.

I know right :D I love how he's now even done a duet with two different vocal versions of himself...

Spoiler

One of my top vocaloid producers is R-906. I don’t really know what any of their songs are about but many of them give me nostalgic or uplifting vibes, although there are a few darker-sounding ones too. They have a very unique style that I’ve never heard before.

That was a super nice one, never heard of them before, so thanks for sharing ☺️

I also really like Ado, she’s just started gaining attention recently. She’s like eighteen years old but she’s already developed a distinct vocal style.

That's super cool that's she's so young! I think I've only heard others' covers of her songs before, but yes, I've started seeing them ^^ nice to actually listen to the original, so good ^^ Mafumafu's cover of that one was probably the first I heard, and that's super good too ^^ (yesterday, I also listened to Shima's recent cover, which was something else... definitely weird if nothing else, like, he did it using 50 different voices 😝) Thank you for linking the original, I'll definitely listen to more of her songs now ☺️

Spoiler

• Like 3
51 minutes ago, nazokashii said:

I know right :D I love how he's now even done a duet with two different vocal versions of himself...

Reveal hidden contents

That was a super nice one, never heard of them before, so thanks for sharing ☺️

That's super cool that's she's so young! I think I've only heard others' covers of her songs before, but yes, I've started seeing them ^^ nice to actually listen to the original, so good ^^ Mafumafu's cover of that one was probably the first I heard, and that's super good too ^^ (yesterday, I also listened to Shima's recent cover, which was something else... definitely weird if nothing else, like, he did it using 50 different voices 😝) Thank you for linking the original, I'll definitely listen to more of her songs now ☺️

Reveal hidden contents

Yes that self-duet was so good! Lol I love his girl voice/alter ego/whatever Manun-chan is at this point 

😂

Heck yeah I finally got someone to like R-906 they deserve so much more attention! Soraru actually covered one of their songs in late 2019 which is how I found them.

Wow I had heard Mafu’s cover of Usseewa already but not Shima’s, that was ... an experience lmao. Thanks for sharing! Highly recommend Ado’s other songs as well, I’m excited to see where her career goes.

Quoting specific pieces of posts is difficult for me so sorry for responding to everything at once lol.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Artemis42 said:

Yes that self-duet was so good! Lol I love his girl voice/alter ego/whatever Manun-chan is at this point 

😂

Heck yeah I finally got someone to like R-906 they deserve so much more attention! Soraru actually covered one of their songs in late 2019 which is how I found them.

Wow I had heard Mafu’s cover of Usseewa already but not Shima’s, that was ... an experience lmao. Thanks for sharing! Highly recommend Ado’s other songs as well, I’m excited to see where her career goes.

Quoting specific pieces of posts is difficult for me so sorry for responding to everything at once lol.

That's perfectly fine that you're responding to everything at once 💜 (I'll probably do the same now, haha)

I'll definitely keep my eyes open, I subscribed to her channel now ^^ Shima's cover is something of its own, haha yeah xD

I don't really understand how I had missed the Soraru cover of R-906's song, as I'm subscribed to him too since a long time ago... but thanks for making me aware of it ^^ and sure, I like discovering new music so thank you ☺️

• Like 1

Listening to my favourites playlist on shuffle, and this one popped up, while they've mostly moved on to human vocals, I really liked n-buna's vocaloid songs, like this one:

Spoiler

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...

All of the bandori (BanG Dream) songs, specifically pastel palettes' and poppin' party's songs

• Like 4
  • 2 weeks later...
a little annihilation

also, 

• Like 3
Blue eyes white dragon

Band Maid and Babymetal are so cool!! And I love Mafumafu /After the Rain and a whole bunch of vocaloids and Anime openings and UverWorld and Goose House and Minami and Disney song covered in Japanese and this one song called Bad Apple and I've only heard one song but I like Ado!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 4
TormentDubz

Just that one Kyary song PON PON PON or w/e it's called

• Like 3
Blue eyes white dragon

Ok now I'm completely obsessed with Ado and Utsu-P!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 2
OptimisticPessimist

I like Perfume, Kyary Pamyu Pamyu, ONE OK ROCK, BAND-MAID, BabyMetal, E-GIRLS, Hatsune Miku (probably some other artist's i'm forgetting) 

• Like 5