Favorite Music Apps?

Naiwen

Spotify Premium is still the best for me personally.

I tried Apple Music for a while, but I like Spotify best. The interface is a lot nicer to use and I really like how it gives me multiple Daily Mixes of different genres.

Black Tourmaline

i use the regular version of Spotify sometimes but it seems like a lot of the content is quite delayed from the date of release (at least for Japanese groups & reggae which is what i mostly listen to). honestly, i usually just use YouTube and while they don't tend to have full albums consistently they seem to have a lot more independent artists and current releases seem to drop much more quickly there. sometimes the MV comes out even before the album does. even when YouTube doesn't have the full albums, if i like what i hear on YouTube i usually purchase CD's from CDJapan in order to support the artists (they make a lot more from album purchases rather than streaming services).

Blue eyes white dragon

I mainly use YouTube for music, sometimes Spotify. I just live with the adds, can't really afford paying for premium 

regular Spotify, but a lot of my favourite songs were removed recently so I'm a bit sad ;-;

Oberon Jasper

Amazon Music

(plan on paying for premium at some point)

Journee_Stars

I gotta go with Spotify. Whether you have premium or not, it still gives a wide variety of music genres, including genres some people might have never heard of, and it changes things up and suggest songs and playlist based on what you listen to more. I just say it's a package deal with or without premium.

(Sorry, I'm a bit of a music freak 😅)

𝗺𝗶𝗰𝗵𝗶t

Pandora music app, Soundcloud, sometimes youtube. 

these apps they make better find music for me 😎

psta: i love songs billie 🥑

I made myself a nest in the Deezer account of a distant family member and now I enjoy my six hundred playlists ! but there are independant rappers that I can only listen to on Soundcloud, plus I'll always keep this app close to my heart. Youtube music videos are cool though ! 

I mostly use Pandora, I don't mind the adds, especially since they have sponsored listening and I can listen to whatever I want. Sometimes I use Spotify because they have artists that Pandora doesn't. Youtube is nice for when I'm on a computer, and sometimes I use Soundcloud. 

Bandcamp 

I did like Google music but that was discontinued for the significantly less functional YouTube music

I like iTunes as I have amassed a library of music there over the last 15 years, with CDs and digital purchases combined. I use Spotify to explore for new music to add to my library. I could never rely on it for my library. I like having my own music library.

I only use Spotify premium on my phone. Has pretty much all the music I listen to plus some stuff I haven't even gotten round to listening to yet, as well as a couple podcasts I don't mind.

I mostly still listen to music that I've actually purchased and own, but I also share a Tidal account with my partner and still have a Spotify Premium account. I'd cancel the Spotify account in favour of Tidal because the audio quality is superior, but there are several other people on my plan and I don't want to be a dick and kill their accounts. Also use Bandcamp for some stuff.

13 hours ago, Virelai said:

I use Spotify to explore for new music to add to my library. I could never rely on it for my library. I like having my own music library.

Yeah this is largely how I feel as well.

On 3/8/2021 at 9:21 AM, Naiwen said:

+1, never had an issue, always able to find what I'm looking for.

J. van Deijck
On 3/8/2021 at 5:21 PM, Naiwen said:

I'm not gonna be original, same here :D and yes I pay Premium, too :P

There's about 1 or 2% of my favourite songs that don't exist on Spotify, so YouTube is my second choice in this case.

I’m using Deezer premium currently because Spotify keeps crashing on my phone. It’s better than Spotify premium because I can find all my favorite Asian songs and music artists on there too. 

everywhere and nowhere

Why should I use apps if I have albums*? And anyway, I'm a sworn non-smartphone user. I'm just a technological conservative (I prefer to stick to technologies I already know**) and I just feel such a strong internal compulsion to not follow the majority that I can't force myself to do two things in terms of technology: switch to a smartphone and create social media accounts.

*No, I get the appeal of only liking one song. But generally, music without graphics (without cover, liner notes etc.) has the quality of "something's missing" for me. (With games it's the opposite: I don't want to keep any game boxes, I prefer download only. And anyway, games run much better from hard disk than from a CD.)

**Examples: Nokia 6210 mobile (year 2000), Windows 7 with Windows 3 appearance ;), "Paint XP for Windows 7" (I honestly don't know how to use new Paint - and I still don't know how to control the curve tool in Paint XP...).

Archived