asensual spectrum?

jelli

I think I might be on the asensual spectrum but I'm not sure where. 

I don't particularly dislike or like non-sexual physical intimacy but I normally don't really ask for it or want it. Like I wouldn't ask my friends or family for a hug. When my friends or parents hug me I either don't really feel anything or it's uncomfortable, like I don't find it comforting when people hug me. I don't completely lack sensual attraction or dislike it, my desire for it comes and goes (doesn't come that often thought). Resting my legs on my parents legs while we are watching tv or something like that is fine, but a bit more intimate thingies like hugging, cuddling or holding hands make me uncomfortable. 

There isn't much stuff online about the asensual spectrum or at least I haven't found much so I’m a bit confused 

also I might edit this a few times cause I pressed enter accidentally before I could read over it 20 times (I always edit my messages at least like 20 times so yeah :D)

There isn't much online about this because I don't think people generally consider it an orientation of sorts. It's certainly valid to simply not like/want close physical affection, and there's nothing inherently wrong with having your own personal limits, but since it's a less significant part of what guides us in finding relationships I don't think an "asensual" identity/orientation is going to gain a lot of traction. You'll probably find more overlap in the aro/ace communities, though, since sensual activity is often linked to sex or romance for people who experience them, so for those of us that don't we might not have a need for it anyway.

I'm not much of a hugger, personally, nor a cuddler. There are some occasions when I'm happy to hug people and a few people I've felt inclined to cuddle with. I don't seek a label for this, though. These are simply my personal inclinations and boundaries, and I don't feel a need to express that in highly specialized terminology.

Milque Toast

I agree mostly with @Snao Cone, and I'm sure there are sexual people who have an interest in romantic and sexual relationships, but may not enjoy hugging/holding hands, etc, either. I would say it's just a personal preference as well. But just go with whatever you like !

Oberon Jasper

I've found a few people who label sensual attraction (me being one) and it's usually denoted in flags by replacing the purple/green with orange. I personally believe I am demisensual it sounds like you may be gray-asensual if you really want to label it.

I use it mostly for me to better understand myself than anything else really since it doesn't mean anything to others.

Archived