Malcolm in the Middle

Orpheus

I recently saw an episode where the parents give up sex, and their lives become real successful. They made more money, and fixed the house up real nice and then realized that without sex their lives were good. But in the end they gave in to sex and everyting went back to normal, poor, mesed up house.

Not asexual, but worth mentioning here.

• 6 months later...

good question... i think it has to do w/ societal conditioning... :?

here's another question: why are most people who loathe sex so into horror movies? (i'd write my answer to this one, but i want to see what you guys type before i do.)

here's another question: why are most people who loathe sex so into horror movies?

I didn't realize that was so? Maybe they are just into population control... one way or another.

here's another question: why are most people who loathe sex so into horror movies?
I'm guessing it's because of one of the "rules" of horror movies. The overly horny people always get taken out first while the hero or heroine usually isn't interested in sex at all.

Or we just like seeing stupid people getting Darwinized. :twisted:

I don't like horror movies that much actually hehe. After you see a few, they start repeating themselves :( Or sure, I don't mind watching them (can be quite fun actually) but they're not my favorite kind.

Aliens was good though! And Predator. Hehe I prefer sci-fi/horror . . . Especially when it has a lot of guns :D

cronos wins the prize!!!!!!!!! :D

A prize? Cool!

*opens the prize box, which the glows ala Pulp Fiction*

Ooooooo. Nifty. :)

Eta Carinae
I'm guessing it's because of one of the "rules" of horror movies. The overly horny people always get taken out first while the hero or heroine usually isn't interested in sex at all.

Actually, to be pedantic, that's one of the rules of slasher movies. Other horror subgenres are different.

And yes, I like horror, though I'm not a big slasher movie fan. Too mindless; even the "virgin woman saves the day and kicks ass" part of the formula doesn't really redeem them for me.

But then after the threat is over, the hero/heroine always has hot passionate sex with whoever else survived to celebrate -_-

i beg to differ; if i was the heroin in a slasher/horror movie, i'd go to a BAR to celebrate.

w/ a designated driver, of course, seeing as how i probably won't remember getting home the next day. :?

But then after the threat is over, the hero/heroine always has hot passionate sex with whoever else survived to celebrate -_-

But that's when the killer comes back and kills the hero(ine) in the final frame, setting up the sequel. Then the circle is complete. Repeat ad nauseum.

that reminds me; freddy vs. jason comes out this august (i think it's august...).

Hell yeah, Jason baby.

We had this talk on base one day, if NAS Meridian became a Horror film, I'd be the only one left alive in the end, and that's including the marines.

I remember laughing a lot when I saw the preview for Freddy vs. Jason. I really don't much like horror movies, they bore me. The only thing I find interesting during them is the audience that's watching them. Some of the best audiences have people who tend to laugh every time some horrible death happens.

I think Jason vs. Freddy will be the same type of movie as Eight Legged Freaks: the plot is unrealistic, there is an overly-healthy dose of cheese, and the movie isn't very good, but it's FUN :D

The kind of movie that has you coming out of the theatre with a big stupid smile on your face. Man I love those types of movies hehe.

I always laugh through Horror movies, but I'm one sick bastard...and I like that :twisted:

*sniff* now you know why i like you guys so much!!!!!!!!! :cry: :D

• 5 weeks later...

Actually there is horror fiction in which nearly all the characters are asexual during most of the story (sometimes the main character recovers from the experience and gets married). This author is H.P. Lovecraft.

I've read almost all of Lovecraft's fiction. The main character is almost always a male acting in an asexual manner (no sex, no dating, no attraction).

The main character may be married, but that is mentioned as background only.

Here are some links:

www.themodernword.com/scriptorium/lovecraft.html

www.hplovecraft.com

www.gizmology.net/lovecraft/

HP Lovecraft Search Engine

http://www.cthuugle.com/

Archived