Children

GingerRose

Check which applies to you:  

112 members have voted

1. 1. Check which applies to you:

• I want to have a child/children someday (adopting included)
    • I am unsure if I want to have a child/children someday ( adopting included)
    • I do not want to have a child/children someday (adopting included)
    • I have a child/children. (adopting included)

This poll is closed to new votes

I don't want children. Best I can do is aunt.

• Like 2
Purple Red Panda

Don't want children, I'd like a cat though.

• Like 4
2 minutes ago, Phalena said:

aunt

I am adding this to the dictionary of verbs.

• Like 5
5 minutes ago, Phalena said:

2 minutes ago, GingerRose said:

Pretty good at aunting myself. I would like a family, but not as a single adult. Ideally I'd like to find a partner with offspring of their own; even if I were to adopt, I'm going on 40 and I don't want to be retired by the time my kid(s) finish school. (I'd rather adopt an older kid too, the idea of an infant in my life feels kind of wrong in comparison.)

2 minutes ago, GingerRose said:

Cool right? It's like this gym advert where it says that the wife teaches you how to 'long hair' and 'pink'.

• Like 2

Goodness, how many threads on the topic of kids do we need?

No, no interest in being a parent, biologically or via adoption. I have enough on my plate in my life as it is, I don't have any strong maternal instinct, I'm fairly repulsed by pregnancy, it would be too medically risky, I'm reaching the age where I think it's a bit too late to be having kids (and my partner is nearly 17 years older than I am and we're currently divided by an ocean anyway), and just... yeah, that all amounts to a nope. Nothing to do with sexuality or an aversion to having sex for me though, as I'm not asexual.

9 minutes ago, weird elf said:

I'd like to find a partner with offspring of their own

I think about this too. I don't mind if the child has my DNA or what have thee, but just a child I can love and support and raise is what matters.

• Like 3

There's a bit of a tragedy in my wantig kids, because my studies are eleven years long, and I plan on being a humanitarian surgeon, which means negative free time. But humanitarian missions are only months long, and plenty of people have been both surgeons and very good parents before. I don't really need biological children, but I really like the thought of parenting. I hope my brother has kids tho, so that... my bloodline doesn't die ? idk, we have cool genes, we're cold-proof, we have fun noses and panda dark circles, I think it's a nice mix altogether, I hope we can pass it on. 

5 minutes ago, CBC said:

kids do we need?

Remember, just enough to spite people.

No kids if they're not of the Felis Catus species

• Like 5

I don't like the thought of being pregnant--it's something that's never appealed to me, nor has motherhood--but I know that I'd like to have a child with my partner, at the very least. When two of my friends had a baby and I met her for the first time, I couldn't stop thinking about having a baby with his eyes, and it put me to tears. If we don't, that's okay, too.

• Like 3

I don't want my own kids, unless its perhaps an adopted older one, but would rather have a cat + dog and foster kids. 

quadfasciata

At most I would adopt, but that seems unlikely. This pretty sums up how I feel:

• Like 2
blunose2772

The way I see it the world will be better off without half my genes in the next generation

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Purple Red Panda said:

Don't want children, I'd like a cat though.

Same! Cats and houseplants for me. Or possibly a pair of rabbits instead. I quite like rabbits.

• Like 3
SpaceDustbin
2 hours ago, Phalena said:

... I learned a few weeks ago that I'm aunt to my brother's and his gf's cat 😂 (I mean, I do spoil their cat with toys and treats whenever I see them, so I'm fulfilling that role the way I should 😛)  

• Like 2
Forest Spirit

Never wanted kids, will most likely never change. I'm just not the type for that, which has been proven by having two nephews. They're fine at times but could never see myself being a parent. Frankly I don't have the nerves for children nor "whatever people have that makes them good at interacting with them"

Would love to have a pet one day though

fooledbysecrecy

nope nope. if i ever adopt it'll be cats not humans.

Grumpy Alien

Want kids. Not sure how that’s going to happen because my body is The Worst™️ and we’re far too poor to adopt and I’m not mentally strong enough to foster. It’s a current ongoing cause of extreme stress...

The only children I want anything to do with are furry ones that go "Meow" 

Absolutely not.

J. van Deijck

I like children, but I don't want my own. I would rather be an uncle than a parent.

I put "I am unsure". Sometimes my motherly nature kicks in and I want children. Other times I'm like "Ew. No. Children are nasty and too noisy".

• Like 1
spencexists

I'm still very young, but a little while ago my brother and his wife fostered these real sweet sisters and seeing how much their life changed made me consider adopting when I'm  older.

PermianElle

Luckily I don't, because by the time I have my life together enough to support one I'll be 40, and I'd really like to spend my last years of having energy traveling and doing things. (By which I mean 40 to 60)

• 1 year later...

Alright I'm about to go on a bit of a rant here so be prepared. I love children, work with them often and would love to have some of my own someday. I like the idea of adopting especially since there are so many children without homes. But I also want biological children that I can say that's my bloodline or something equally stupid. I want to have a child "of my own". Sex isn't really something I want to do though. Like at all. So scientists out there how do I have a child of my husband's and I's blood without ever having to do the deed. Well and maybe without scientists either because labs kinda scare me.