Is scorpigender valid and real

I have been questioning my gender for a while now and I came across a "gender" and it's scorpigender and I'm having trouble coming to the conclusion if its valid and if it's something I could actually be?

everywhere and nowhere

We won't be able to reply if you don't provide a definition. And anyway, only you know how you feel about gender. We can't know it better than you do, we can at most express our opinion about microlabels.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Nowhere Girl said:

We won't be able to reply if you don't provide a definition. And anyway, only you know how you feel about gender. We can't know it better than you do, we can at most express our opinion about microlabels.

I looked for definitions of this gender, and I can't seem to find anything but "mystery gender". The only fitting description for it is "impossible to describe". It's a zodiacgender, which means that it's somehow related to astrology or astrology-related personnality types. I don't think I have an opinion on it ? It depends on what people see in this gender and why they feel so close to it, their personal history, their understanding of gender in general. 

• Like 2

Scorpigender, and what godace said, sounds like one of those mogai genders. It's hard to say if it's "valid" or "real" because it's been used once in definition and people have created multiple names for the same or a similar feeling. I mean, I kinda say the label isn't "valid" because it's not an accurate description when it has a million different names, but if you think the feeling matches yours... your feelings are valid.

• Like 1

Dear lord. I... what???

🤐

• Like 2

I'm not sure what "valid" means here.

Do you have a right to use any words you choose for yourself? Of course.

Would I personally recommend the use of this one? No, given that astrology is a load of hogwash, and that no one else is likely to know what you're talking about (since all of us had to look it up.) If asked for my frank opinion, I'd personally suggest exploring further what you're trying to communicate to others about your gender, and finding a clearer way to express it; perhaps in plain text, if you can't find a label that fits.

• Like 2

What's the definition of the term scorpigender?

Anthracite_Impreza

That sounds an awful lot like what us old fogies call "questioning".

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Anthracite_Impreza said:

That sounds an awful lot like what us old fogies call "questioning".

Yeah, I want to emphasize that there's nothing wrong with questioning or being unsure of yourself, OP! A lot of folks here are still figuring this stuff out. You don't need to feel obligated to claim a word or a label if you're still uncertain.

• 1 year later...

Scorpigender is a gender identity under the non-binary, and therefore the trans, umbrella. Scorpigender is described as a gender identity in which lots of existing labels vaguely describe it, but none fully do so. I believe it is indeed valid. 

• Like 1

Locking this as it's a year old thread and many responders are no longer around. 

Feel free to start a new thread if you so wish.

Skycaptain covering moderator Gender