Ace and Aro Interviews

Squeep

Hi all!

First, hope this is the right place to post this :) I always get it wrong 😂 Second, to celebrate International Asexuality Day (coming up April 6th!) I was hoping to interview some fellow aces about their views toward love, romance, sex, etc.. The goal is to educate others about asexuality through get-to-know you videos, which would have the added benefit of increasing ace visibility. If this is something you'd be interested in, please reach out to me on here, and I can send additional details!

Thanks for your time!

Is the interview done via face to face online or do people have to fill out a questionnaire online? If its a questionnaire, then I don't mind doing it but if its face to face then I can't as I'm in the closet.

1 minute ago, PrimeJelly said:

Is the interview done via face to face online or just do people have to fill out a written questionnaire online? If its a questionnaire then I don't mind doing it but if its face to face then I can't as I'm in the closet.

That's a good question! For right now, I'm focusing on face-to-face, but I'm planning on doing related projects in the future. If you're cool with it, I can totally contact you when it's something anonymous :)

3 minutes ago, Squeep said:

That's a good question! For right now, I'm focusing on face-to-face, but I'm planning on doing related projects in the future. If you're cool with it, I can totally contact you when it's something anonymous :)

Sure! My messages are open for anything anonymous.

Ace Of Dragons
2 hours ago, Squeep said:
2 hours ago, PrimeJelly said:

Is the interview done via face to face online or just do people have to fill out a written questionnaire online? If its a questionnaire then I don't mind doing it but if its face to face then I can't as I'm in the closet.

I am still in the closet myself, and as an heteroromantic I may never have to come out of the closet. If or when it becomes anonymous I would like to be contacted to.

8 hours ago, Ace Of Dragons said:

I am still in the closet myself, and as an heteroromantic I may never have to come out of the closet. If or when it becomes anonymous I would like to be contacted to.

Absolutely! Making a note to contact you in the future as well ^_^ Thanks!!

I'll gladly do it. Go ahead and message me when you get a chance.

On 3/4/2021 at 1:16 PM, Logandus said:

I'll gladly do it. Go ahead and message me when you get a chance.

Sorry for delayed response, computer decided to stop working 🙃 Sooo bringing it in this week--I'll reach out as soon as it's all fixed!

On 3/4/2021 at 11:16 AM, frosty starlight said:

I'd be happy to do anything anonymous too.

Great! Adding you to the list as well. Thank you!!

hi please i need a help 🥺 im asexuality but no one understand me  im I'm a victim From the community is  kurdstan part of the iraq 🇮🇶. how i get a help ? I'm in a dangerous position. No one understands me. All of them and society think I'm crazy. Our society isn't sophisticated enough to understand . They want me to get married . I tried to get out of Iraq,but that’s not work out  but I want your help the They're cursing me. my life is so possibly i wanna go outside in iraq  🥺💜   for help my instagram is helen.artsss wanna kill my self plsssss guys help me 

I would be willing to participate in your survey.

I'm happy to talk with you, I only have limited availability due to work commitments, I'm only available on Tuesday and Wednesday of each week

Cyberspace2001

I would be glad to speak with you about asexuality. I'm available on Tuesdays and Saturdays. I'd prefer to do it anonymously, lol. 

Happy to talk to you as well, anonymously or non-anonymously!  My work schedule is pretty flexible, so I can do most times.

On 3/9/2021 at 10:06 AM, helaperry said:

hi please i need a help 🥺 im asexuality but no one understand me  im I'm a victim From the community is  kurdstan part of the iraq 🇮🇶. how i get a help ? I'm in a dangerous position. No one understands me. All of them and society think I'm crazy. Our society isn't sophisticated enough to understand . They want me to get married . I tried to get out of Iraq,but that’s not work out  but I want your help the They're cursing me. plss tell me a tip thanks 🥺💜🤍🖤 i wanna kill my self plsssss guys help me 

Hey, I'm not sure exactly what you're going through but it sounds like a lot, and I'd be happy to talk. Feel free to send me a PM ❤️ 

16 hours ago, cato said:

Happy to talk to you as well, anonymously or non-anonymously!  My work schedule is pretty flexible, so I can do most times.

Fantastic! I'm hoping to get some interviews together next week, once my computer gets fixed. I'll keep you posted!

17 hours ago, Cyberspace2001 said:

I would be glad to speak with you about asexuality. I'm available on Tuesdays and Saturdays. I'd prefer to do it anonymously, lol. 

Great : ) I'll be sending out a survey in the next few days, and I'll be sure to include you!

On 3/9/2021 at 11:14 AM, oldgeeza said:

I'm happy to talk with you, I only have limited availability due to work commitments, I'm only available on Tuesday and Wednesday of each week

I'm pretty open those days! I'll reach out to you soon with some possible dates/times--thank you!

On 3/9/2021 at 10:14 AM, Dave70 said:

I would be willing to participate in your survey.

Thank you!! I'll send it your way once it's complete :)

16 hours ago, Della Where said:

I’d be willing to participate in your interview. I’m a married heteroromantic.

Whoops missed your response somehow. Sounds great! : ) I'll reach out soon!

I would be happy to be interviewed- feel free to PM me and I am willing to talk either anonymously or non-anonymously.

On 3/11/2021 at 12:39 AM, Squeep said:

Whoops missed your response somehow. Sounds great! : ) I'll reach out soon!

Well, I'm still a kid, but it's getting big. If I grow up at this age, it's a problem in society He was forced to accept marriage by force. I know very well that you ignite my feelings, but no one feels it. I tried to go outside Iraq to change my community, but it didn't work I don't want to have sex with anyone I tried to get out of Iraq, but it's hard for me because I'm alone  I go in this area, I want to go to a place where they feel 🥺

On 3/10/2021 at 3:53 AM, cato said:

omg thank you but how :’(

55 minutes ago, helaperry said:

Well, I'm still a kid, but it's getting big. If I grow up at this age, it's a problem in society He was forced to accept marriage by force. I know very well that you ignite my feelings, but no one feels it. I tried to go outside Iraq to change my community, but it didn't work I don't want to have sex with anyone I tried to get out of Iraq, but it's hard for me because I'm alone  I go in this area, I want to go to a place where they feel 🥺

You don't have to leave right now since your still young. Wait to grow up and then leave as soon as you have the money to go. You don't have to have sex with anyone. 

On 3/13/2021 at 11:36 AM, helaperry said:

Hey helaperry, just sent you a direct message. Feel free to respond there and we can talk about what's going on. Sounds like it's a stressful situation : /

6 hours ago, Squeep said:

Hey helaperry, just sent you a direct message. Feel free to respond there and we can talk about what's going on. Sounds like it's a stressful situation : /

ok im sorry ❤️

superbrooke3

I'd be happy to participate anonymously or non-anonymously. If you would like to PM me, I'd be happy to work with you on a time and methodthod of contact. 

On 3/15/2021 at 2:01 AM, helaperry said:

ok im sorry ❤️

No need to apologize! Just wanted to make sure you saw it : ) about to go respond to you.

On 3/15/2021 at 4:47 PM, superbrooke3 said:

I'd be happy to participate anonymously or non-anonymously. If you would like to PM me, I'd be happy to work with you on a time and methodthod of contact. 

Great! About to go message you. Thanks!!

17 hours ago, Squeep said:

No need to apologize! Just wanted to make sure you saw it : ) about to go respond to you.

Great! About to go message you. Thanks!!

❤️

Hi all! Just wanted to give an update that the Insta is now live :D We already have our first mini-interview up and plan to do another every day for the next few weeks. Thanks to everyone who's reached out and sent me responses--for those who have given the ok for posts, expect them up soon, and for those who haven't yet received mockups, they should be headed your way this week!

https://www.instagram.com/chat_ace/

The response has been incredible and I can't wait to see what effect this has on the community ❤️ Thank you all again for embracing the spirit of the upcoming holiday and helping share our stories. 

Archived