Phoning whilst on the toilet

ben8884

Phoning whilst on the toilet  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Have you ever spoken on the phone whilst on the toilet?

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

Horse Ham Radio

Yes, just the other day I had someone call me at the most unfortunate of times. I told them to call me back in 5 minutes :) So technically yes I have spoken on the phone while on the toilet, but I ended the call as quickly as I could.

Purple Red Panda

No and I'd like to think I never will.

RoseGoesToYale

Yep. My two best friends and I don't even lie about it, we openly state over the phone if one of us is on the toilet. 😂

I am shocked at the balance of results so far. 

Janus the Fox

Spoken on the toilet? Maybe but definitely texting.  Extended stays on the loo does eventually mean doing everything on the phone for that typical 45 minute sit.  AVEN n Moderation cos why not multitask :P  

I have spoken on the phone with AVENites while on the toilet. 

Nop. Too awkward for me personally. 

I wouldn’t do that, and try to limit using a phone when in the bathroom, because it would just be 10x more comfortable to take a min in there and then finish and be comfortable, not have to worry about germs on my phone, etc. Also because I know what it’s like to be on the receiving end of someone taking forever in the bathroom. I don’t know what my brother does in there, but a phone and either blasting music or sound-canceling headphones equals a recipe for “I know you can’t hear me but get the hell out please”

Yes.

Yes. I’m not proud of it.

(Bring back corded phones, tethered to the wall in the family hallway! That would stop such malarkey! And, yes, I’m showing my age here.)

blunose2772

No but thats mostly because I don't talk much on the phone at all.

1 hour ago, Janus DarkFox said:

Extended stays on the loo does eventually mean doing everything on the phone for that typical 45 minute sit.

I'm surprised no one has thought about selling 'toilet desks' yet, with all the home working that's going on. 🤣

32 minutes ago, kyon. said:

Sometimes I have to pee when I'm on a work conference call, so I just mute the mic while I'm doing it (and hope no one asks me a question).

Not on zoom and co hopefully. I know some people will wear an office wear top and pyjama bottoms below when on zoom calls, but doing one on the toilet would take the biscuit hahah.

Not pyjama bottoms, but I've been wearing comfortable jogging trousers with formal shirts for the last year ...

Yeah, occasionally. I've spoken to my parents while on the loo. And believe I've spoken to @Snao Cone while they were on the toilet, although I wasn't myself. So I think it might just be my mum and dad.

I often inform my partner when I'm having a wee, because I know it irritates him slightly but he secretly finds it amusing, so there's that. But I don't call him from the toilet.

No.  I am a huge Germaphobe so the phone never even enters the bathroom.  Even worse is people talking on the phone in public bathrooms.  There is an upside to being home all the time, not having to use a public restroom and hearing another person’s inane conversation on top of that.

I don't think I've ever spoken to someone from the toilet, but I've definitely texted. I'm not exactly proud of this, but my workaholic brain does appreciate the efficiency of combining tasks. My best friend has called people from the toilet before, though -- I guess there's no way to know if I was one of them :ph34r:

Anthracite_Impreza

Calling no, texting/interneting, on a very regular basis.

I have never phoned anyone but if someone calls and I need the toilet then I will do both.

3 minutes ago, FreeWalker said:

poop to phone call ratio

conversations.png

[Image credit: https://xkcd.com/646/]

Grumpy Alien

No but pretty much everyone I would accept calls from does it. I think it’s gross but not offensive. What really freaks me out is when I come across strangers in a public toilet IN A STALL talking on the phone. Next level weird.

Wait no.

I peed when I was talking to @Snao Cone on New Year's Eve. Cos it was over four hours on the phone and I had a LOT of beer.

I don't think I've even ever taken a phone into the bathroom for any significant amount of time. I love the fact I can just leave my phone in safe places at home...

6 hours ago, blunose2772 said:

No but thats mostly because I don't talk much on the phone at all.

this

6 hours ago, Catserole said:

Why would I do this?

and this

I don't make or take many phone calls in any event, and I would not make or take them while in the bathroom. As for talking in a public restroom, nope, don't talk to me there, period, whether on a phone or in person.

6 hours ago, NewStart said:

No.  I am a huge Germaphobe so the phone never even enters the bathroom.

Exactly this... phone = dirty, bathroom = dirty. Eew.

Archived