It's about dream while sleeping. Are your dreams colorful? Or is it monochrome? Do you ever have a dream that remains in your mind? How long do you sleep a day?

harmonic turquoise

harmonic turquoise

I'm sorry if there is a similar topic somewhere.

Recently, I often dream that I am sleeping in my dreams. When I talk about it, I get laughed at by others.
And I sleep too much, more than 12 hours a day. Someone says to me "When I sleep so much you might be melt."

For me, sleeping is a way to relieve stress. I'm always sleepy, sleepy head.

Zimmermikeee

My dreams are colorful. I rarely have dreams that remain in my mind but if i do, then that are really cool dreams.. i see my online friends in those rare dreams. And i sleep for 6-8 hours a day, sometimes 4-5.. ik i should sleep more but lol i can't.. so that's it

14 minutes ago, Harmonic turquoise said:

I'm always sleepy, sleepy head.

One of my friends can sleep all day long so I'm calm dealing w such ppl xD

My dreams always have color. But I don't really notice the color. It's like everything just blends together so color doesn't have a purpose.

I sleep 7-8 hours a night.

I always remember my dreams when I wake up. I even have a dream journal for fun.

everywhere and nowhere

I rarely remember dreams. Sure, there are some I remember - in many cases because I considered them interesting enough to record them in my diary (I don't have a habit of writing down all dreams, I only do if I find them relevant for some reason), but I also remember at least one from the 9-year pre-diary period of my life. ;) (In January I have celebrated the 30th anniversary of diary-keeping. :)) Most of my dreams are boring, I don't sleep well, and as I said - I anyway don't remember dreams often, maybe on average 2-3 times a month.

That said, I have a strongly negative emotional attitude to sleeping. I just regret that all highly organised animals have to sleep. I consider sleep a waste of time, also a frustrating experience, because I often spend at least one hour ineffectively trying to fall asleep. :( I wish that I could rest without sleeping and, for example, read all night long. To put it simply: I need sleep just like everyone, but I don't like sleeping.

And, given my insomnia, I probably sleep significantly less than most people and, as a result, more often feel sleepy during the day. :( But I'd never take a sleeping pill because they are very harmful and dangerous; I have a rule of never using any sleeping medication stronger than "goodnight" teas with slightly sedative herbs such as lemon balm, hops, lavender...

I always dream in colour - in fact I was suprised when I first heard that some people supposedly have monochromatic dreams - even though I have poor visual imagination. With the reservation that I'm not "sitting inside anyone else's head" and so I can't know what exactly do other people mean when they speak about visualising - what I can say is that I can think about how does something look like, but I can never "actually" see it with closed eyes - at least never without certain assistance. Even when I'm under the influence of a psychedelic drug, the visionary aspect is rarely particularly pronounced, for me it's first of all a mental, philosophical experience (hence a term I have invented myself: "assisted philosophy").

I once read that, supposedly, people more often had monochromatic dreams when... TV was black and white. But still for me there's something "off" about this explanation: after all, the vast majority of people see everyday events in colour (even most colourblind people don't actually see everything in monochrome, they just can't distinguish certain colours from one another), so why should the brain "interpret" dreams as something similar to watching TV rather than to experiencing everyday events? And anyway, now there's no more black and white TV, and at least I personally don't watch TV at all.

I'm a bit of a vivid dreamer. It's like I'm watching a film that I can slightly influence if I feel like it. They are in color. Though this only happens a few times a month. I either dont dream or only remember pieces of a dream after waking up.

I've written down dreams I've had on a different thread in Aven

I usually sleep 8-9 hours a day, but that varies

When ever I dream it is always in color. They are always super detailed too. I seem to remember the dreams more frequently than other people do. 

they usually stick with me and can help me with problems that I am mulling over.  

I sleep around 9-10 hours a day but not very deeply! 

I sleep 6 to 7 hours a night, my dreams are in color ! Usually, they have a plot. It's very complex, there are up to 30 characters, sometimes I'm one of them and sometimes I' nowhere to be seen, I often see family members lately, because I vividly miss them. my dreams are dope, if I could pay to watch them awake, I would

I rarely dream but when I do I usually remember them, no in much detail mind you. My sleep schedule is a bit all over the place at the moment, but I suppose I get around 5-7 hours of sleep unless it's the weekend. I usually dream quite vividly when I take melatonin, they are often quite "scary". I only remember dreams about large scale disease or the zombie apocalypse (which is my worst fear). Some times I dream about conversations. I never really pay attention to colour but I suppose it's in colour.

The Abhorred

For a whole summer, after lunch I would sit and watch TV, which made me dozy so I would go and take a nap like for an hour. But because I could not rest with the tv open I'd remember to turn it off before going to bed. The moment I was telling myself that I need to do that, I was waking up! Crazy, right?! I was dreaming about being sleepy and that I need to turn of the tv and go to bed in my dream!

Other than that my dreams can be interesting like a movie. I even have dreamt about movies that don't exist, I have heard song that don't exist in my sleep, like one time I saw a brand new video clip and a brand new song of Metallica. 

My favorite kind of dreams are the scary ones, like those where I see the end of the world or alien invasion or even those in which I'm possessed. These are more fun that those that I call the good life ones where I'm happy, because after waking up from a good dream I always feel miserable. 

My dreams have colour. They often look a lot like my average days of my life, but when I wake up I notice why they couldn't have been. I dreamt about a visit to a friends house last night and in hindsight it was full of little inconsistencies with my real life, but during the dream it just felt like it was a normal day of my life. 

Oberon Jasper

My dreams have color and are relatively colorful I guess... I only remember them if they were strong nightmares (i.e. last nights). I don't sleep enough and if I had the option I wouldn't sleep at all. It's a waste of time to me.

I dream in color, the plots never make sense, and I used to dream about waking up and getting ready for school. But I can't really control my dreams like some people can. 

Lately all my dreams have been about going to a secondhand store and finding everything I ever wanted, but then not having enough money to pay for it. 🤨 

Dreams! Visualisation isn't a thing my brain does, and sounds only happen with effort, so how I dream is an excellent question. I just sort of...know. They're first person of me 9/10 times, but third person and not with me as the main character isn't too unusual. They're extremely life like, or at least I assume they are, and are anything between boring real life to absurd chaos. If I die in them I don't wake up. I've never connected the dots and realized even that I might be dreaming. I can sense or remember them a few times a week, though that's pretty new, I only remembered one between last May and 2008.

Sleeping eight to nine hours is best for me, but between three and ten is pretty normal unfortunately.

My dreams are silent, rare, and sometimes in 2D 

My dreams aren't particularly colorful but they do have color, and I remember a lot of my dreams. I sleep very little, like 4-6 hours a night. When I get more sleep, 9+ hours, is when I dream usually.

harmonic turquoise

2D dream, I want to see it too. It's very rare, I think.
It is also interesting that you remember many dreams.

Grumpy Alien

I can easily sleep 12-16 hours in a day, though I rarely do these days. I’ve been trying to get testing for narcolepsy and hypersomnia for years but all I’ve gotten so far is a home O2 monitor and negative result for sleep apnea which was never even in question. My entire life I was told I was just less energetic than most people and need more sleep to function. It wasn’t until I met my now husband that I had any idea something might be wrong. Even as a kid, I just wanted to spend my free time horizontal or sitting. I’ve been napping during the day since I was a teenager. With my own house and pets comes more responsibilities and my long naps cause arguments so I generally get 5-11 hours a day. (It greatly varies based on how much free time I have.) 

I always dream in full colour and about 90% of the time, it’s sort of cinematic? I - Kimchi Peanut - am not in it. I don’t see things from my own eyes. My mind is just playing a film to an empty theatre in my brain. There’s usually a main character for lack of better word that is “me.” But I’m viewing everything from just outside my/their body. It’s like my eyes are a camera that closely follows the main character and I have access to their thoughts and feelings. I don’t seem to exist as Kimchi Peanut in my dreams. I don’t have my own thoughts or any self awareness. I think and feel what the main character does but I can see the main character’s body. And the main character can be anything from a thumb sized hairless cyclops rabbit to a million year old goddess possessing the body of Samuel L Jackson. On rare occasion, a scene replays itself but slightly differently. Sometimes that keeps happening, like a director is making on-set edits between takes. Absolutely everything in my dreams feels completely normal even if it’s questionable if that makes sense? I once had a dream that “I” was driving a mini van on a cloud in outer space with my mom as a passenger. I was heavily pregnant and telling her that I was a lesbian. I wasn’t pregnant, I’m not a lesbian, and at the time I didn’t even know how to drive. But if a dream person had questioned any of that of the space cloud, I would’ve been like why are you being weird it’s obviously an everyday space cloud and I’m my normal self. But when a segment of brick wall appeared out of nowhere and we crashed, that was considered weird in the dream. My characters follow dream logic, not Kimchi Peanut logic.

spencexists

Theres a couple dreams that have remained in my head, and mostly nightmares. My dreams are kinda like Im mostly aware of whats happening but its never normal, usually everyone else perceives it as normal and I'm the only one who can see whats happening. The most recurring dreams I get are nightmares, and for context I'm extremely afraid of fire. Like, theres a candle and I'll have a panic attack and start crying and asking my family to blow it out. So in the dreams things are catching on fire and some idiot put me and usually a few other people in charge and theres nothing we can do and theres fires everywhere.

Damnitsam1989

My dreams are usually in true to life colour, but sometimes the colour of the light is different like a gel got put over a can light. I can usually remember them for a while after waking but have had a few stick with me long term, there are also a few non-existent locations I've visited more than once that are incredibly vivid.

Then there's stress dreams and nightmares, I don't usually remember the plot of those but they emotionally stick with me for quite some time.

I get about 8 hours total sleep, but it's pretty much in 2 hour increments because of chronic pain.

I had a dream recently that I was severely sleep-deprived and annoyed as I kept trying to get some sleep, but couldn't. I wonder if I woke up less rested because of that.

My dreams are in colour and in most of my dreams I know exactly where I am and who the others are (but I don’t remember my dreams often)

last week I had a “prophetical dream”; I dreamed that my favourite roommate would move house. I told her about my dream and she laughed at me and said to me that it won’t happen – a few days later she came into my room and told me that she’ll suddenly move to another house by end of the month😂 i hate dreaming^^

harmonic turquoise

Ally123, I sometimes have nightmares. Nightmares are a suggestion of stress. On the other hand, most fire dreams are good dreams that have a good meaning, contrary to their image. It was written in the dream fortune-telling. It hinted that a good change would come. Good Luck for you!

harmonic turquoise

Damnitsam1989, Chronic pain is so painful. Does it still hurt? I hope the pain disappears quickly and you can sleep soundly. And may you have many nice dreams.

My dreams are extremely vivid, basically indistinguishable from reality aside for the fact that they tend to be bizarre. So, full colour, sound, touch, pain, taste, smell. Some I remember some I forget quickly after waking. I sleep for about 8 hours, and I wake regularly throughout the night.

harmonic turquoise

Acecream, Wow!  You had a "prophetical dream" , a strange experience. It might be a tough and sad for your friends to move to another house . I hope you can have a happy precognition dream next time. Maybe you have a special talent and intuition.

harmonic turquoise

theV0ID,I can't tell the difference between a dream and the real world. I also often awaken halfway. If I realize that it is a dream in my dream, I would like to do what I like. For example, I wanna flying in the sky like Peter Pan !😪

J. van Deijck

My dreams are colourful, I always see the same kind of places. They look pretty surreal in my dreams.

I don't have time to sleep, though. If I can catch 6 hours, then I'm happy :D I work and study, so that's why.

Archived