I have finally found a place to say hi without feeling alienated

JosieFromEARTH

JosieFromEARTH

Hi,

My name is Josie.

I have always known i was different that other classmates, as a teen. Struggling through life with no selfrespect. After artschool i started questioning my sexual oriëntation. Because... i had none.

Recently found out two major things about myself. 1:Clearly on the Autism spectrum. Diagnosed on my 36th. two years had past since then. And 2: slowly discovered i was in fact asexual. People around me told that i was just shy... scared of new things. That i haven't tried it yet. Even a few men told me they could fix me right. And i obviously refused. Such a shame... Why is it so hard to believe that there are people that doesn't want the nasty part in life. 

Is it so weird? Isn't sharing a strong feeling by words not enough?

Last spring i saw what love was really about. It was warm and sunny. Sitting by myself in the grass daydreaming about the story i was working on, shortly noticed two birds shirping to eachother. 

I stared at the birds for a while.

The sparrow couple shared food, they had eaten earlier, with a kiss.

And then it had hit me...

Real love isn't just giving something to the other. It's all about "sharing" life. 

So here is my part I wanted to share:

You're not broken just because you can't understand the otherones sex-wanting nature. That means that the other one is broken too. No one wants to be called broken. 

Hi, I am Josie. From earth. And i am happy because i am not longer alone. 

Asexuality exsists. thank you for letting me share a bit of my story x 

TheListener

That's really well put Josie. You're right, you're not alone. Reading your thoughts made me feel less alone too. So thanks!  

Milque Toast

Welcome to AVEN, Josie and @lisa4172!

I hope you have a nice time here browsing forums and what-not.

Here is some cake as a traditional welcome ❤️

spacer.png

Welcome!

I'm so happy that you have found a place to be yourself. 

Better Together Chocolate Vanilla Birthday Cake. - Half Baked Harvest

Welcome! Art school sounds cool, what sort of stuff did you study? :) 

chocolate-gran-marnier.jpg

JosieFromEARTH
10 hours ago, Lichley said:

Welcome! Art school sounds cool, what sort of stuff did you study? :) 

chocolate-gran-marnier.jpg

Thank you for the cake! And i studied illustration at first but leaned further towards abstract draw art. All manual. I wasn't great at computerstuff. So after school i discoverd no one really needed my oldschool skills and it kinda stopped there :P

14 hours ago, JosieFromEARTH said:

Thank you for the cake! And i studied illustration at first but leaned further towards abstract draw art. All manual. I wasn't great at computerstuff. So after school i discoverd no one really needed my oldschool skills and it kinda stopped there :P

Aww that’s a shame. Old school art looks a lot better than the thousands of Algeria art style ripoffs they’re throwing around here there and everywhere nowadays. 

AceMissBehaving

Hi Jose!! I’m a late diagnosed autistic, asexual, art school graduate too! 

So nice to meet you!

JosieFromEARTH
10 hours ago, Lichley said:

Aww that’s a shame. Old school art looks a lot better than the thousands of Algeria art style ripoffs they’re throwing around here there and everywhere nowadays. 

Exactly... ah well. I kinda knew were i would end up when starting this kind of study. At least i met my best friends there. It were great times :)  

JosieFromEARTH
10 hours ago, AceMissBehaving said:

Hi Jose!! I’m a late diagnosed autistic, asexual, art school graduate too! 

So nice to meet you!

Hey :) 

That is a funny coincidence. 

Nice to meet you too!

InvisibleSquid

Another coincidence, I'm also ace, autistic, and went to art school. Started with an illustration major, but graduated with a BFA degree in 2D studies / painting. It's been a while, but I also prefer traditional to digital. Just can't wrap my head around it, though I've tried. Anyway, welcome!!

InvisibleSquid

(As an aside...) @AceMissBehaving Hi! I remember you from when I was discovering myself! Good to see you still kicking around here!

TheaTheMoon

This was so beautifully put. You said you were working on a story? If you ever publish anything or just want to share, I'd love to read some of your writing. Also, what did you study at art school? I'm currently in college majoring in drawing and graphic design!! And as is tradition, a cake for you!

spacer.png

AceMissBehaving
On 3/8/2021 at 4:54 PM, Ace of J said:

(As an aside...) @AceMissBehaving Hi! I remember you from when I was discovering myself! Good to see you still kicking around here!

Ah yes! I remember you too!!! How have you been!?

JosieFromEARTH
On 3/8/2021 at 11:52 PM, Ace of J said:

Another coincidence, I'm also ace, autistic, and went to art school. Started with an illustration major, but graduated with a BFA degree in 2D studies / painting. It's been a while, but I also prefer traditional to digital. Just can't wrap my head around it, though I've tried. Anyway, welcome!!

Wow, so much coincidence ! Hi, and thanks for commenting.  

JosieFromEARTH
On 3/9/2021 at 2:52 AM, TheaTheMoon said:

This was so beautifully put. You said you were working on a story? If you ever publish anything or just want to share, I'd love to read some of your writing. Also, what did you study at art school? I'm currently in college majoring in drawing and graphic design!! And as is tradition, a cake for you!

spacer.png

Hey, thank you so much! About my writing... i am to nervous to ever share my stories. But have been working on stories quite a while now. I recently printed my first book (just one) It's just a fun adventure with five people, all very different and in the end starting to get along with eachother. I made big drawings with ink or just tiny little pensils. Sometimes i threw in a bit of color. And wow, so much artistic people in here :)    

InvisibleSquid
13 hours ago, AceMissBehaving said:

Ah yes! I remember you too!!! How have you been!?

I’ve had some ups and downs, but mostly I’ve been okay. Still discovering things about myself, so that’s always a roller coaster. I posted recently about some of what’s been going on with me, but I won’t hijack someone else’s thread. 😁 Good to see you, though!!

InvisibleSquid
6 hours ago, JosieFromEARTH said:

Wow, so much coincidence ! Hi, and thanks for commenting.  

Yes, it’s always so nice to come across like-minded individuals. 😁🍰

Archived