Bigender, Demigirl, or....?

Leigh_

I need help. i recently came out to one of my closest friends. one of them, i sort of did but was still figuring out me. anyways, i came out as bigender but not sure if it fully fits. i feel like i’m female in spurts but mainly masculine, like i want to dress like a dude... i sometimes act like it. then there’s times i feel like i’m stuck in between both. i just NEED HELP!!

a little background: 

i was born female but as i grew up it didn’t feel right. now that i’m a little older, i’ve come to feel like bigender and demigirl feel a little better. yet not 100%. i’ve always felt out of place. always feeling like the misfit being made to dress a certain way (always the way my mom wanted).  i’ve always felt alt and like i’m part of the lgbtqa+ community. 

You may find some answers reading up on genderfluid and genderflux (and related identities) 😊

VeryAsexyIndeed

Hey hey! I’m not sure I understand really what you’re feeling, but I can still try to help, so, feel free to correct me but from what I’m understanding you always feel masculine? That’s static and doesn’t change, but the female part comes and goes? With ‘stuck in between both’, do you mean you feel non-binary? Agender? Or do you feel like you’re both a guy and a girl at the same time?

If I got it somewhat correct I would suggest looking into labels like demiflux or demifluid. Demiflux meaning that one part of your gender is static (for example feeling male) and others change in intensity (going from girl to demigirl to agender and moving around that way). Demifluid is almost the same but the fluctuating part, the one that changes doesn’t change in intensity (at least I don’t think so, I could be wrong) but it hops between different genders. Demiflux basically means partially genderflux and demifluid is partially gender fluid, if you know those terms. 

If I am totally wrong about how you’re feeling, maybe look into gender fluid as an identity? Since your gender seems to change, or genderflux. There is also bigenderfluid, which is a more specific gender fluid which only encompasses two genders, for example male and female.

Hope this helped somewhat, and if it didn’t, don’t feel discouraged if you don’t find it right away, you will find it eventually💖and even if that takes a while you are still just as welcome and accepted in this community of ours💖🥰🌈Have a nice day✌️

On 2/27/2021 at 4:23 PM, VeryAsexyIndeed said:

Hey hey! I’m not sure I understand really what you’re feeling, but I can still try to help, so, feel free to correct me but from what I’m understanding you always feel masculine? That’s static and doesn’t change, but the female part comes and goes? With ‘stuck in between both’, do you mean you feel non-binary? Agender? Or do you feel like you’re both a guy and a girl at the same time?

If I got it somewhat correct I would suggest looking into labels like demiflux or demifluid. Demiflux meaning that one part of your gender is static (for example feeling male) and others change in intensity (going from girl to demigirl to agender and moving around that way). Demifluid is almost the same but the fluctuating part, the one that changes doesn’t change in intensity (at least I don’t think so, I could be wrong) but it hops between different genders. Demiflux basically means partially genderflux and demifluid is partially gender fluid, if you know those terms. 

If I am totally wrong about how you’re feeling, maybe look into gender fluid as an identity? Since your gender seems to change, or genderflux. There is also bigenderfluid, which is a more specific gender fluid which only encompasses two genders, for example male and female.

Hope this helped somewhat, and if it didn’t, don’t feel discouraged if you don’t find it right away, you will find it eventually💖and even if that takes a while you are still just as welcome and accepted in this community of ours💖🥰🌈Have a nice day✌️

well i feel both guy and girl at the same time when i say i feel somewhere in between. sometimes i wanna wear girly things, lot of the time i wanna wear guys clothes or masculine clothes, other times i’m just stuck in between. 

VeryAsexyIndeed
17 hours ago, Leigh_ said:

well i feel both guy and girl at the same time when i say i feel somewhere in between. sometimes i wanna wear girly things, lot of the time i wanna wear guys clothes or masculine clothes, other times i’m just stuck in between. 

So your gender changes from girl to guy to bigender? But mostly guy? Then I would say that you are gender fluid. Your gender does change. If you want to look into more specific labels, bigenderfluid also seems to fit. Since bi- means two, bigenderfluid is a gender fluid identity that only include two genders. For example girl and guy. So you’d never feel non-binary for example in this case (one of your genders can definitely be non-binary but if it’s not your probably not going to feel like it) So, if your bigenderfluid, your genders being girl and guy, your gender might switch from girl to guy to bigender(girl and guy). (I think I got that correctly anyways, might want to do some of your own research on this label).

Some gender fluid people also have a “base gender” which would be the gender they most often feel like, in your case that seems to be male.💖💖

Archived