Your Preferred form of Birth Control as a Woman?

Naiwen

I prefer the ones with the placebo pills, being regular eases my OCD, stress and anxiety and bipolar type 1 so much more than continuously taking my pills and having random black, brown and pink discharges. I haven't tried any shots or IUD yet, are they any better than my current one? I dunno, just asking for advice to ladies on the community. 

I don't have a preferred form, I've never put that much thought into it because I don't need to. It's difficult to get pregnant when you don't have sex. Back when I used to take the pill to prevent periods, when I was working in remote areas without access to hygiene facilities, I would just take the whatever pills the doctor prescribed me. Normally that was packs with placebo pills, and then I'd skip the placebos. I think it was called microgynon, or something like that.

I know my sister swears by the implant, apparently it stops her periods entirely as well as not being something she has to think about regularly.

1 hour ago, theV0ID said:

I don't have a preferred form, I've never put that much thought into it because I don't need to. It's difficult to get pregnant when you don't have sex. Back when I used to take the pill to prevent periods, when I was working in remote areas without access to hygiene facilities, I would just take the whatever pills the doctor prescribed me. Normally that was packs with placebo pills, and then I'd skip the placebos. I think it was called microgynon, or something like that.

I know my sister swears by the implant, apparently it stops her periods entirely as well as not being something she has to think about regularly.

I don't have sex either, for me it's just to be regular on the dot, lol! I have extreme OCD and stress and anxiety and bipolar type 1 with it myself, lol.

IUD doesn’t always stop bleeding, it often makes it screwball. (I had one put in post childbirth & before starting T.) So, not that.

everywhere and nowhere

Celibacy, obviously. :P The only method with an unreliability index of exactly zero.

I have never used any other form of birth control. I also haven't used pills for their other uses. I would rather die than undergo a certain intimacy-trampling kind of examination, and here it's usually not prescribed without that, and besides - its main indication is contraception, and as a sex-averse person, I would be uncomfortable with assumptions that I could be sexually active.

And on top of that, I can say one thing: I probably couldn't use hormonal contraception anyway. So it's a good thing that I'm asexual, sex-averse and not attracted to men.

celibacy for me.  that said, i kind of want a tubal ligation because if i am raped i dont want to get pregnant.

On 2/28/2021 at 8:47 AM, Naiwen said:

I prefer the ones with the placebo pills, being regular eases my OCD, stress and anxiety and bipolar type 1 so much more than continuously taking my pills and having random black, brown and pink discharges. I haven't tried any shots or IUD yet, are they any better than my current one? I dunno, just asking for advice to ladies on the community. 

I will never touch birth control of any form again as I hate messing with my hormones (and it doesn't work as people claim it does, got pregnant twice on the pill and I have a lot of condom horror stories from my days in the brothel - they're not as reliable as everyone thinks they are). I'm not asexual, but my preferred birth control method is celibacy. If I had a partner, we would not have penetrative sex. 

On 2/28/2021 at 9:59 AM, alto said:

celibacy for me.  that said, i kind of want a tubal ligation because if i am raped i dont want to get pregnant.

you can take a pill that will forcefully bring on your period and 'wash' anything out that may have, er, 'taken root' inside of you. It's called the morning after pill here. it's effective if taken within 72 hours!

Archived