New Moderator Needed: Just For Fun and Arcade: Nominations

Kelly

Join the team!

If you think you would be interested in being the new Just for Fun/Arcade Moderator, throw cookies, cakes, your hat, turnip, or whatever you have into the ring. Just be sure to make it clear that you wish to run.

Eligibility requirements include being a member for at least 6 months, and having at least 100 posts that are not in the Just for Fun or Welcome Lounge forums. You also cannot run with an active, current, warning.

Also, see the following for election rules:

http://www.asexuality.org/en/topic/90514-rules-and-procedure-for-elections/

Voting will be by a vote of confidence. A bio is required to be PMed to me by voting time.

This is the timeline for this election:

This is the timeline for this election:

Thursday, 25 February to Thursday, 4 March: Nominations.

Thursday, 4 March to Sunday, 7 March: Dedicated Q&A period.

Sunday, 7 March to Sunday, 14 March: Voting.

I hope someone decides to stand

Just for fun and Aven arcade are good forums to start modding on. 

There is also the rest of the Admod Team and the training team for support if you came into any difficulties as a mod. 

OptimisticPessimist

As a former JFF mod, it's a great forum to mod. Happy to answer any questions about modding JFF (includes arcade and chatterbox too!) 

3 hours ago, Mackenzie Holiday said:

Yes, I have a question. If I was the mod for JFF, could I lock the waffle thread and pin the pancake thread?

You could lock a thread if it had not been posted on for a long time, if the OP requested it or if people keep going off topic.

As forum mod you’d be free to pin & unpin threads as you see fit 😊

47 minutes ago, Iam9man said:

As forum mod you’d be free to pin & unpin threads as you see fit 😊

You are just giving me more reasons to why I will not run. I don't want more power than others. So thank you.

Janus the Fox

A reminder for no demotivation commentary in election nomination threads.

2 hours ago, Janus DarkFox said:

A reminder for no demotivation commentary in election nomination threads.

Okay sorry. ☹️

To be honest I am still kind of curious.

This thread is just for nominations, and questions about what a mod does if that info is needed for throwing one's hat in the ring. Thanks.

On 2/26/2021 at 11:17 PM, Mackenzie Holiday said:

Yes, I have a question. If I was the mod for JFF, could I lock the waffle thread and pin the pancake thread?

You're allowed to do what you'd like with threads, within reason. :) If you think a thread is popular enough to warrant pinning, then go for it!

I'm going to bump this and try to boost this as much as possible. Please, if you're considering, don't be afraid to ask any questions.

I modded both of these forums in the past and they're pretty chill TBH - I'd encourage anyone who's tempted to consider running!

Don't be put off by the relatively high number of posts compared to some of the other forums - there's hardly any trouble in either of them (especially Arcade).

Also, I've seen people in previous threads being concerned about the idea of having to read literally every new post in the forums. Don't be, because A) that's impossible and B) the forums have lots of active members, so people will report any bad posts.

Compared to the likes of Hot Box, there's not really much intense/arguing stuff in JFF (and none in Arcade), so it's a pretty good role for someone who's maybe a beginner (or doesn't want too much hassle).

They're both really good forums to mod, so I hope some people decide to go for it!

I would like to throw my dragon in the ring. Let the fight begin, may the most voted win!

OptimisticPessimist

It's ok to ask questions! 

JFF really is relaxed, generally calm (usually!) 

Is it possible as mod not take part in disciplinary action decisions and voting in other team members forums? And how much are you expected to be a part of the backroom talking in general?

Sorry for asking things like this but i would lie if i said that I was not interested in the job.

2 minutes ago, Kimmie. said:

Is it possible as mod not take part in disciplinary action decisions and voting in other team members forums? And how much are you expected to be a part of the backroom talking in general?

All mods are expected to vote on all disciplinary matters, but there is an option to abstain (which should be used sparingly; e.g. if the reported member is a friend).

Aside from checking in once a month there is no obligation to take part in backroom conversations outside of reports, although it would be very difficult to do the role without checking in with other mods on where to move threads, other thread actions, etc. Voting on policy matters is voluntary but encouraged.

3 minutes ago, Iam9man said:

All mods are expected to vote on all disciplinary matters, but there is an option to abstain (which should be used sparingly; e.g. if the reported member is a friend).

Aside from checking in once a month there is no obligation to take part in backroom conversations outside of reports, although it would be very difficult to do the role without checking in with other mods on where to move threads, other thread actions, etc. Voting on policy matters is voluntary but encouraged.

Ok thanks that helped with my decision.🙂

Will I get a 'detailed job description' once I am elected or someone who shows me what to do?

29 minutes ago, FJO8 said:

Will I get a 'detailed job description' once I am elected or someone who shows me what to do?

We have a training team, and the rest of us will also jump in and help if needed.

2 hours ago, FJO8 said:

I found the best way to learn was to read the rather good admod training materials, then simply have a go and ask questions as I go 😊

6 hours ago, FJO8 said:

As Tal said, we have a TT, and there's a ton of info threads you can refer to if you ever have any questions. Don't be afraid to ask your fellow mods, too!

Archived