Profile Image

GingerRose

Did you create your own profile image for AVEN? (draw, design, make, photograph, sketch, colors...)  

83 members have voted

1. 1. Did you create your own profile image for AVEN? (draw, design, make, photograph, sketch, colors...)

• Yes, I created it and used it.
    • Nope, I found it somewhere and used it. (picrew counts)

This poll is closed to new votes

29 minutes ago, daveb said:

"She's got Bette Davis eyes"

I loved the 80’s music videos.  When we first got MTV I constantly watched it.  

53 minutes ago, NewStart said:

I know Tallulah was mostly a stage actress, but she was in a great pre-code called The Cheat.  If you haven’t seen it, check it out.  She’s great in it!

Oh I'm surprised I didn't know that! Will do for sure.

1 hour ago, NewStart said:

They both were strong women that liked to smoke at lot.

I spent ages yesterday going down a rabbit hole of reading more stuff about her that I didn't already know (spent forever google street view creeping her childhood home haha, and reading PDFs related to its historical designation) and came across the information that she smoked up to 120 cigarettes a day (though the main reason for her distinctive voice was chronic bronchitis as a child). And like... I do smoke myself (yep I know, not good), but 120 in a day?! I'd feel so sick. 

Anyway, yep, both strong women. That's what I like about her most, along with her many witticisms. There are some great quotes of hers. She never actually used the word 'bisexual' to describe her sexuality, but instead came up with 'ambisextrous' haha... which I jokingly use for myself as a result, of course.

1 hour ago, daveb said:

"She's got Bette Davis eyes"

Just heard that on the radio earlier...

Commissioned mine on DeviantArt! :)

(So I guess it counts as the latter, though I wouldn't call it "found")

3 hours ago, NewStart said:

I loved the 80’s music videos.  When we first got MTV I constantly watched it.  

Speaking of voices that sound like someone smoked a bit much. :P 

(good song/singing though)

I'm actually a semiprofessional artist, but ironically, I haven't used my own art as an avatar or posted it to any of the artist's threads here! I'm still at a stage where I don't want my AVEN identity to be findable along with the rest of my online presence, since I use my real name everywhere else. That being said, it would be nice to post some drawings here sometime... 😅

In the meantime, my eel GIF was made by the artist Pikaole, who is the creator of much fun and whimsical marine art.

3 hours ago, Dreamer23 said:

Commissioned mine on DeviantArt! :)

(So I guess it counts as the latter, though I wouldn't call it "found")

Sweet! Which Deviant did you receive from?

1 hour ago, SocialMorays said:

semiprofessional artist

Do you have a deviant art?

7 hours ago, GingerRose said:

Do you have a deviant art?

No, but I do post my art elsewhere! If you're curious, I'd be willing to PM you a link.

verily-forsooth-egads

I should really get around to changing mine one of these days. I went through a phase of writing circular Gallifreyan at least five years ago.

1 hour ago, SocialMorays said:

No, but I do post my art elsewhere! If you're curious, I'd be willing to PM you a link.

Please

I'm not artistic, in fact I'm useless at anything like that, but I was called a grey haired animal in my teens so I used Animal as my profile picture

I sometimes use my own photography from nature walks for my profile image, but right now I have a still from the Mushishi manga of Ginko traversing through the forest. I don't know if/when I'll change it, but I'm a little frustrated that it's hard to make out what the image is (for me at least)

Nope, I found it somewhere -- specifically, it's the artwork from the Ayreon album 01011001

47 minutes ago, oldgeeza said:

I'm not artistic, in fact I'm useless at anything like that, but I was called a grey haired animal in my teens so I used Animal as my profile picture

Animal is the best muppet, no contest.

2015-07-23-14-49-16-2048x2048.png

Forest Spirit
56 minutes ago, riskygamble said:

I sometimes use my own photography from nature walks for my profile image, but right now I have a still from the Mushishi manga of Ginko traversing through the forest. I don't know if/when I'll change it, but I'm a little frustrated that it's hard to make out what the image is (for me at least)

Oh I didn't notice that😶 it's such a great manga/anime

19 hours ago, GingerRose said:

Sweet! Which Deviant did you receive from?

https://www.deviantart.com/kurama-chan created it! :D 

Not sure whether or not they are still active, but if they are I can certainly recommend it, love the one they created for me! ❤️ 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/24/2021 at 3:17 PM, riskygamble said:

i read "use my own photography from nature walks" and i looked at your avatar and thought, 'huh but isn't that mushishi' when i looked closer and was confused for a moment before i read the rest of the post 😂😂😂 i really love that manga. i should get into watching the anime one day ><

i wish i drew mine, but it's from avenging spider-man (that i didnt finish reading and never will lol) but I edited it in photoshop (mainly cause the colors looked weird when it was cropped 😅)

I have a weird aversion to using anything for my avatar that I didn't create, so it's almost always something that I drew/painted, and if it's not that it'll be a photograph I took (which is very rare, but I think I've used a photo once or twice).

• 11 months later...

@GingerRose

This poll is being locked and moved to the read only Census archive for it's respective year. As part of ongoing Census organisation, and in an attempt to keep the demographics of the polls current with the active user base at the time, the polls will last for one year from now on. However, members are allowed and even encouraged to restart new polls similar to the archived ones if they like them.

iff, Census Forum Moderator

Archived