Profile Image

GingerRose

Did you create your own profile image for AVEN? (draw, design, make, photograph, sketch, colors...)  

83 members have voted

1. 1. Did you create your own profile image for AVEN? (draw, design, make, photograph, sketch, colors...)

• Yes, I created it and used it.
    • Nope, I found it somewhere and used it. (picrew counts)

This poll is closed to new votes

Raine.on.my.parade

I need a third option: I used someone else's art (picrew/meiker) to make it

Oberon Jasper

Currently same as @acidraine tho I'm planning on using some of my own art once I have something that is satisfactory.

I change mine all the time, but I always find one from another source and try to credit the artist if I can find them.

9 minutes ago, Ldlelee said:

I change mine all the time, but I always find one from another source and try to credit the artist if I can find them.

Same. I haven't changed mine in a minute but when I do, I try to keep an updated link to the artists website or social in my signature, if possible. I have used my own art as my profile picture, but it's been a while since I've done that.

I usually use my own photos, but my current one is from a photo I found online which I cropped. It was just meant to be a placeholder until I find or make another picture of my own to use.

My grandmother knitted the bear in 1977, and I took the photo in 2014, when I joined AVEN 

I can't figure out how to post my own picture on a website and go through that, or else I would. Currently I just use one off the internet.

I've made a running gag out of having profile pictures mostly taken from various video games, be it in-game artwork, flyers, box art, or what-have-you. The avatar I have right now is from Altered Beast, for example.

I don't know why I do this, but occasionally people do notice... or misunderstand. When I had the titular creature from Centipede as my avatar, someone thought it was a reference to the song "Reptilia" by The Strokes, which has the same picture on its cover. I hadn't even heard of that band at the time.

It is a picture of one of my small friends, I took the photo 

Made mine using Colors! 3D on 3DS way back, have used it a few places before, but decided to use it here ^^

I made mine on DollDivine's Gemsona maker about five years ago. Still my favorite profile pic, and I currently use it on most platforms. 

Nope. It's just one of the many available old black and white photos of Tallulah Bankhead.

This is just a random internet one, but I don't really like it anymore. No idea if I'm going to use one I take or draw something yet. 

Anthracite_Impreza

I did, of my carsona. My sig is my cars 💙

Purple Red Panda

Random red panda stolen from the internet.

I use pictures of my husbando from the anime/manga he’s in, although I did briefly have a couple from Picrew.

I used Picrew too

8 hours ago, trifasciata said:

I can't figure out how to post my own picture on a website and go through that, or else I would. Currently I just use one off the internet.

For avatar images I don't think it has to be hosted online. I think you can load an image from your device right into an avatar (but I only know how to do it from a PC, so if you're on some other device it might be different).

I just checked and it does! All I need to do now us take a good picture of my houseplant.

It's from the intro to the movie The Last Unicorn. I chose it because I like unicorns and I like how they imitated the style of Medieval and Renaissance tapestries, which kinda goes with my username, which is a medieval style of music.

On 2/22/2021 at 3:06 PM, CBC said:

Nope. It's just one of the many available old black and white photos of Tallulah Bankhead.

I did the same, except with Bette Davis.

7 minutes ago, NewStart said:

I did the same, except with Bette Davis.

I've lost count of the number of times people have thought my Tallulah avie is Bette Davis, haha.

49 minutes ago, CBC said:

I've lost count of the number of times people have thought my Tallulah avie is Bette Davis, haha.

They both were strong women that liked to smoke at lot.  Both great actresses.  I know Tallulah was mostly a stage actress, but she was in a great pre-code called The Cheat.  If you haven’t seen it, check it out.  She’s great in it!

Archived