Ace stereotype check!

Tarelenion

so.... questions.... (scale between 1 as like and 5 as dislike)  

156 members have voted

1. 1. Obvious... CAKES! how much do you love cakes?

• YASSSS CAKES
    • yum
    • hmm no idea
    • not really
    • NO THANKS PAL
  2. 2. Beanies! how much do you like beanies?

• LOVE THEM
    • like them
    • hmmm...... no idea
    • nah.. I am not a Smurf
    • NO THANK YOU I AM NOT A FASHION TERRORIST
  3. 3. Dragons! what do you think about dragons?

• THEY ARE CUTE AND MAJESTIC LOOK AT TOOTHLESS
    • ooohhh dragonsss
    • hmmm... don't really care because they don't exist anyways
    • but..... what if they eat us?
    • AAAH IN THE NAME OF EARENDIL, TURIN AND BARD, MY SWORD WILL BE THE LAST THING THEY SEE!!!

This poll is closed to new votes

How many of us are stereotypically ace?

dandeliongirl

I read this and now I'm imagining a conversation in my head (because my brain is like that):

ace: "I'm asexual."

friend: "No, you're not."

ace: "Why don't you believe me?"

friend: "I put that piece of cake in front of you and you didn't even look at it"

😂

The true test 😉

I know why cakes are associated with asexuals, but can anyone explain the origin of beanies and dragons? Sounds very interesting..

What are beanies?

28 minutes ago, CBC said:

What are beanies?

good question

found this image tho

Image result for Beanies

Right, yeah... forgot about that. Never tended to call them 'beanies' where I'm from, but I've heard the term sometimes in recent years. Still always forget what it is lol.

everywhere and nowhere
41 minutes ago, CBC said:

What are beanies?

A kind of woolen hat/cap/howisitcalledinenglish, I think. Particularly the loose ones, if I'm not mistaken.

I only wear winter hats crocheted by my late granny back around the year 2000 because I'm allergic to wool and acrylic, so I can't wear store-bought hats. They look nice, simple white hats with a few decorative stripes: the "thinner" one has brown and green and the "thicker" one - blue and red. My granny just took the cotton wool she had at home.

I also decorate my hats with a largish (5 watt) green resistor. It's a symbol in Poland, originating yet from communist time: in the 1970s-1980s a resistor attached to clothes symbolised resistance against the government. And now we have a government which is trying to reintroduce dictatorship, this time fundamentalist Catholic, so a resistor is again a very appropriate symbol.

Anthracite_Impreza

No, no and no and honestly these stereotypes make me cringe hard.

fooledbysecrecy

love cake, beanies are good when it's cold, no opinion on dragons really

I enjoy cakes, have worn my beanie a fair amount this winter and have no opinion on dragons tbh.

I've also never heard of the beanies and dragons stereotype.

I like cakes, I like beanies, I LOVE dragons but I don't find them "cute" so I didn't vote that. 😗

Blue eyes white dragon

These have nothing to do with my aceness. Cakes are great but I love all sweets. Beanies are cute, they go with my flannels and skinny jeans and they tend to be more associated with emo where I'm at (which is what I'm sorta going for). Dragons are amazing (not my absolute favorite but still) because hello they just are!!   

Forest Spirit

Yes to cake, though not too sweet

Yes to beanies (aka winter hats, think it's British English?) Made both of mine myself

Yes to dragons, I was actually really into dragons for a while in my childhood and have a book about them (which features really amazing art and runes... so maybe also why I like runes and pencil drawings🤔)

Only knew the cake and dragons reference (or rather inside joke), confused about the beanie one😅

2 hours ago, kyon. said:

I thought it meant Beanie Babies, but I think it’s about the hat 😅

I had voted based on beanie babies

----

I like dragons, but I prefer wyverns

Dragon beanie baby, if they made this in the ace flag colors I would petition it to be the ace mascot.spacer.png

Cake is good, no opinion on beanies (does that mean toque?) and dragons are cool 

sSevenOfSpadeƧƨ
1 hour ago, Artemis42 said:

Cake is good, no opinion on beanies (does that mean toque?) and dragons are cool 

Yeah, beanies are toques. The wonders of international forums haha

I love dragons a lot, but... 'cute' is not the first word that comes to mind for me.

56 minutes ago, sSevenOfSpadeƧƨ said:

Yeah, beanies are toques. The wonders of international forums haha

Ah, thanks! Language is great lol. Now I finally know what a beanie is!

I answered "AAAH IN THE NAME OF EARENDIL, TURIN AND BARD, MY SWORD WILL BE THE LAST THING THEY SEE!!! " because that is so great, despite a more accurate one would be cool, dragons

Cakes, nope, I don't have a sweet tooth 

Beanies, nope, I don't wear hats

Dragons, yep 

J. van Deijck

Not me :P I say no to all three.

While Toothless is absolutely cute and majestic, I don't feel like that acurately describes my feelings towards dragons. Its more like 'all hail our dragon overlords'. Maybe you should add an option above that.

I had no idea beanies were associated with asexuality at all, and I have no feelings towards them whatsoever.

Cake is excellent, but not really my favorite thing.  

DarkStormyKnight

I love cake, dragons are my favorite. Not into hats really.

My understanding is that the dragons thing comes from people thinking that asexuals don't exist, therefore we are mythical creatures like dragons.

Hadn't heard of the beanies before though, is that from Todd in Bojack Horseman? I think he wears a yellow beanie.

i no longer eat cake for dietary reasons. 

I love cake, I like beanies, I think mythical dragons are horrifically overrated and boring but I do have a beardie who I love. Arthur is my dumb scaly boi and a better companion than his flying fire breathing brethren. For example, he happily sits on my shoulder and can’t set the town on fire. Beat that, ya fat flying lizards!

I’m not ace though so didn’t actually answer the poll.

Cake is okay (I don't like most of it, but some particular cakes are really good), I do like wearing beanies when it's cold out, and dragons are cool (but I couldn't resist picking the last option).

Archived