CBC's The Early Edition does a segment on Asexuality and Aromanticism

Heart

An incredibly popular early morning radio program, The Early Edition, did an interview with me and an aro activist about cheap chocolate day! (The day after Valentines when all the heart shaped chocolate goes on sale). It was incredibly well done in my opinion, and they were SO respectful at every stage of the process 💜

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/asexual-aromantic-awareness-chocolate-day-1.5914728?fbclid=IwAR2tO4bhPXRZDmd8HoQLiP66_Ob2TWXFoNZfa1t6vWIlWRu_3VLfRszQr6g

😂

I wondered why I was in the title of this thread, and then realised what you were actually on about.

49 minutes ago, CBC said:

😂

I wondered why I was in the title of this thread, and then realised what you were actually on about.

I was brought in here by that clickbait headline misunderstanding.

2 minutes ago, Satan's Little Helper said:

I was brought in here by that clickbait headline misunderstanding.

I am happy to report that my country's national broadcaster (and my username inspiration) will always be more post-worthy than I am, lol.

Journee_Stars

Glad it went well, I'll take a look at the interview when I get the chance

Just now, MakeupJunkie4 said:

I was like...." @CBC did WHAT now...???" 🤣

wish I hosted a radio programme, haha. I did intend to go into radio journalism once upon a time.

*listens to interview*

Well done. :cake: And thanks for helping spread Asexual visibility and education! :)

WOWOWOW

CBC TALKS ABOUT ACE/ARO PPL NOW

WOWOWWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOW

edit:

Those feelings can make the annual celebration of love on Feb. 14 challenging, which is why activists have adopted the day after Valentine's Day and given it the unofficial title "Chocolate Day." 

oh god wish  knew this earlier lmao

Somehow @CBC is more famous to me than the actual CBC. (Which I knew first...) I saw the thread title and I don’t know why because it’d be absurd but I expected Ceeb’s baby pictures for some reason???

Just now, Kimchi Peanut said:

Somehow @CBC is more famous to me than the actual CBC.

Only on AVEN. 😂 (Thank god!)

And yep, that's the downside of being Canadian... no one knows shit all about your country, except mildly embarrassing things like the fact that Justin Bieber and Nickelback are from Canada. I am learning this in large part due to being in a relationship with a Brit; I know wayyyy more about the UK than he knows about Canada. 😂 

Also...

3 minutes ago, Kimchi Peanut said:

I expected Ceeb’s baby pictures for some reason???

Lol, happy to provide those... although maybe not here. 😂

CBC: The Early Edition... photographs of my childhood in rural Ontario?

Ooh, thanks for this! I normally listen to the Early Edition in the morning, but I must’ve left my radio off on Monday because it was a stat so I missed this interview when it aired.

On 2/17/2021 at 9:15 PM, CBC said:

yep, that's the downside of being Canadian... no one knows shit all about your country, except mildly embarrassing things like the fact that Justin Bieber and Nickelback are from Canada.

ya, I relate

but honestly I'm probably the only one who thought CBC (broadcasting station) was a well-known thing lmao 

1 hour ago, A User said:

ya, I relate

but honestly I'm probably the only one who thought CBC (broadcasting station) was a well-known thing lmao 

Are you Canadian? Cos I hope most Canadians would think of the broadcaster before they think of me lol.

Archived