Would you date yourself?

R_1

AVEN Census to dating self  

133 members have voted

1. 1. Do you see yourself as a good romantic partner?

• Yes
    • No
    • Other

This poll is closed to new votes

Lol at this point sure. I like me.

Ace Of Dragons

Maybe, I cannot think of anyone that would get me more.

It would be a pretty new and different experience, as I have not dated a male-bodied person before, but yeah ... I think two of me would make an awesome partnership! Same values, life goals, even temperament, even the same sense of humor. I mean, I'm not looking for a copy of myself ... but, I could definitely do a lot worse!

They say if you met someone exactly like you (in every way) you'd hate them... but I know I'd make a bad romantic partner in general since I'd be uncomfortable with any show of affection. It'd be so boring to be in a relationship with me.

AT THE MOMENT YES!! I TREAT TO PEOPLE I LOVE SO WELL AND THEY TREAT ME HORRIBLE SO I WOULD LOVE TO DATE MYSELF

Blizzard Avis

God, I am the only person I'd seriously want to date. That isn't to say I am a good romantic partner, just that nobody can understand and fit me as much as I can myself 😅

I mean, on the one hand it'd be super convenient - turns out we both have the exact same schedule and habits, so that'd work out really well! :D 

Plus some tax benefits!

However, agreeing on literally everything would kinda eliminate most chances for having an interesting conversation, so that's like a really bad downside.

Dating someone with the same bad habits as myself would also somewhat normalize them, thus making me less likely to try and work on them, which seems like a bad idea.

--> Overall, I end up at a pretty resounding "No".

Yeah, simply to watch and ACTUALLY pay attention to animated shows, and fully appreciate them with myself.

No, I don't see myself, I wouldn't even recognize myself at this point. ;)  I always thought this phrase of "dating myself" was a really peculiar phrase since i guess it's supposed to be about what age you are?

As for this question though, I think I'm a good/great friend, not so much as a relationship partner, although maybe that had to do with being Ace and not realizing the terminology. But myself? Wouldn't he/she be in my head all the time reading my thoughts? That concept creeps me out. If he/she was just a regular person like I am (not mind reading, watching, etc) it might seem normal. But I don't know anything, and I'm not very spiritual or whatever, so they'd probably get pissed off at me quickly.

This is really interesting to me. I've imagined meeting a look-alike before but I've never considered meeting a copy of myself. I get that the question is more abstract than that (and no, I don't really think I'd be a good romantic partner, I just don't think I have enough experience with all that), but the thought of going on a date with me is kind of neat. I think myself and me would look pretty cute holding hands wearing matching hairstyles or something but I think I would be over dating me pretty fast. I'm lazy and sensitive and basically have a lot of room to grow as a person.

God no. I mean, you would get to listen to a lot of good music and eat loads of homemade cake, but communication... oh boy 😂

By definition no, because I don't even want to be a romantic partner. I may have qualities that could fit for someone's romantic partner, but because I don't want to be one, well, that kinda nullifies anything.

Instead I might be cool with having my clone as a roommate, if I had a big enough apartment. Matching live styles, and shared chores! And both want to have alone time, so we'd be likely to just chill at the opposite corners. Yeah, we both would be messy, but it wouldn't bother either of us. Maybe out of the scope of this thread.

I struggle enough with liking myself as a friend so no. That being said with some work I think I could be a good partner.

I would never wish it upon myself in either direction. 

17 hours ago, Tja said:

I'd marry me, if I could! smiley-face-laughing.gif

Would you qualify for the tax benefits of being married? ;)

51 minutes ago, iff said:

Would you qualify for the tax benefits of being married? ;)

No, but the fringe benefits would be delightful.;)

I always felt myself incapable of loving - blame ASD. However, one person awakened feelings I never thought that I was capable of. Ultimately I wouldn't date myself 

(smutty joke) 

Spoiler

Despite the relationship between my right hand and [redacted not for this forum] 

I see my clone as a perfect friend for me, but to date them? I don't really know what a romantic relationship would imply, but it sounds incredibly frustrating.

a little annihilation

We'd both end up not talking to each other because we wouldn't wanna bother each other and it'd be this weird dynamic of not wanting to bother each other with our problems even though we'd have the exact same problems to it'd be a lotta ik what you mean I feel that too which we'd get really annoyed with each other for because I hate when people try to relate to me since they don't know anything except that since it's me I would know and that would just be infuriating

Anthracite_Impreza

Good gods no, I don't know how Clutch puts up with me already.

Just because one sees themselves as a good romantic partner, doesn't mean they would or want to date themselves.

I don't think myself as a romantic, let alone a good romantic partner, and I sure as Hell wouldn't date myself. Narcissism isn't attractive to me.

I have a coworker who expressed interest in dating.  I didn't want to date him because he felt too similar to me.  His strengths are mine; so are his flaws.

I don't mean that as a knock on him!  He's a great guy and a wonderful friend.  But in a relationship, I want someone who is a little different from me so that they can stretch and push me.

Hmm, if there was a male version of myself who I found attractive, then I could give it a go haha. But I think while I would get along with myself well enough, I would grow bored of myself. I like having someone around who thinks about things in a different way and gives a different perspective. And I also really like people who tend to be more outgoing and/or free-spirited than myself as I find that is a personality trait I admire. Those types of people usually push me out of my comfort zone more and that creates a good dynamic to sort of lessen my own flaws in a way. And I would hope that my caution, level headedness and enjoyment for a slow pace of life would benefit my partner. 

But, overall I do think I would make a good partner to the right person. The hard part is actually finding a 'right' person though. 

That's actually a quite interesting question.... :)

I think yes, I would date myself - I think my mirror image self would be good at giving me exactly what I want from a relationship..? 

Plus the person I have a strong romantic interest in these days is very similar to me in some ways and that's a big part of the draw for me - that depth of understanding and connection that comes from those similarities..  

Oberon Jasper

I feel the need to edit my statement... I made it when I wasn't feeling too good.

I mean, don't get me wrong... the answers still no. I am very emotionally needy and hate that... I would be toxic for me because we'd just let wounds fester til we exploded and hurt each other.

I do tend to date people "similar" to me, but they've usually already worked the problems I'm still figuring out... I'm just pretty sure I'm toxic. I take too much and give too little... not like I'm gonna change anyways.

Archived