Would you date yourself?

R_1

AVEN Census to dating self  

133 members have voted

1. 1. Do you see yourself as a good romantic partner?

• Yes
    • No
    • Other

This poll is closed to new votes

verily-forsooth-egads

I wouldn't date anyone, next question.

• 2 weeks later...

O_O this question gave me flashbacks to high school. 😅 I had this question as my impromptu speech thing for english class. My answer then is still the same. No way dating myself would be fun or interesting lol. I don't think I would become better in that kind of relationship either because the mindset / thinking is too much the same. Though i wouldn't mind being friends with someone like me because of the same interests.

God no, I am too much of a screw up and too ugly

Obsessed_With_Dragons

We'd be completely incompatible. I'm way too argumentative to get along with an equally argumentative clone. 

spencexists

I'm really submissive and enjoy having someone to follow so I'd be fine with dating me because it'd be easy and I would love the version of me that was dating me no matter what.

I know myself well. I know that I am a grouchy loner that likes a lot of space. Two people like that would not go well together. lol

nineGardens

I wouldn't date myself, but do think I can be a good partner. Just like... the idea of partnership is having DIFFERENT skills to one another, so.... it would be redundent to date oneself.

This is such an interesting question!

I actually have no notion of dating tbh, in a sense that I can't imagine the concept being applied to me, it seems absurd, whenever I imagine dating someone it's basically just being friends with an additional label over the relationship (still won't say I'm aro, but it sure sounds like it) so yeah I would date myself I think, in the way that I think I could be my friend

PermianElle

Where's the option that includes a lot of profanity before the no?

I'm way too highstrung for me (my type is someone very down to earth and chill), and, if I'm to be shallow, I'm also too overweight for me. And I'm pretty but not my type. Look, if I ever met someone exactly like me, one of us would end up dead. And that would be the good ending.

a little annihilation

Maybe? I don't really know. I'm such a spaz I know that I'm always the same person with the same mind but I can seem like wildly different people sometimes and I really like continuity so I'm not sure how I'd handle it. There are certain things that I'd like though since I can't find anyone as straightforward as me which I would appreciate

WobblyWallaby

I'm too clingy and over emotional... I already get on my own nerves.

Knight of Cydonia

Definitely not... I'm way too much of a workaholic. If there were two of me in a relationship together we'd be a huge ball of stress.

An aroace dating an aroace... Yeah I don't see that going well. We'd be texting for hours about silly things and deep life discussions, and then not contacting each other for weeks. Finally realizing we're actually in a friendship thing, not a dating thing. End of dating.

On 3/19/2021 at 12:45 AM, PermianElle said:

Look, if I ever met someone exactly like me, one of us would end up dead.

there-can-be-only-one_o_1047287.jpg&f=1&

Been thinking about, I am a person with a few anxieties. Dating myself would mean two people with the same anxieties together.

Honestly, with these having a partner opposite and not afraid of the wind among other things, or other things like that, can help to relax the one who might feel a bit stressed out by some situations

I think I could be a great partner for someone; however, I would never date myself because I sure I would find myself pretty annoying. I feel like I would need to be with someone with a different personality to find some balance- similar personalities can clash too much.

Maybe. My thing is the ability to open up, if you can open up to me I will (however extremely slowly) open up to you. Dating myself wouldn't work for that reason lol, I am far too stubborn about opening up

Conscious Cat-Panda

No with 95% probability. Getting to know me is always the challenge.

• 11 months later...

@R_1

This poll is being locked and moved to the read only Census archive for it's respective year. As part of ongoing Census organisation, and in an attempt to keep the demographics of the polls current with the active user base at the time, the polls will last for one year from now on. However, members are allowed and even encouraged to restart new polls similar to the archived ones if they like them.

iff, Census Forum Moderator

Archived