Would you date yourself?

R_1

AVEN Census to dating self  

133 members have voted

1. 1. Do you see yourself as a good romantic partner?

• Yes
    • No
    • Other

This poll is closed to new votes

This is a thread to talk about whether you think you are a great partner. Imagine dating yourself.

As to whether I’d date myself, no. I’m way out of my league 😎

PS Serious answer: No, too many annoying habits 🤣

Oberon Jasper

No... Too self deprecating and trash at communication.

Grey-Ace Ventura

Absolutely! I'm only upset I haven't actually found another me to date 😎

yes, but i'm afraid i would unintentionally hurt my partner because i don't like skinship so much:(

Hm... these are really two separate questions.

I do think I could be a good romantic partner for the right person! However, I don't think dating someone exactly like me would go well, because our fears and insecurities and foibles would line up too precisely. It'd be... self-amplifying, and probably destructive.

Almost all of the really successful relationships I've seen involve people complementing one another, with strengths and weaknesses that balance one another out, and areas of overlap and divergence that give them each room to grow and learn from one another.

Because of that, I answered "other."

harmonic turquoise

I like to spend time quietly alone, but what if I date myself?
I wish I had been twins.
But when I think of me as a romantic partner, that's not the case at all.

Purple Red Panda

I'm not romantically attracted to myself.

Interesting question. I don't say yes to date proposals, I would have refuse from the start. If I could be a good romantic partner? Possibly yes, but no one will ever know.

I see two different questions here:

yes, I consider myself a good romantic partner

no, not for myself. I would not date myself, because that would be a very unstable relationship. I can't stand it already when I see traits of myself in other people, how much worse when all of them are combined. On the other hand, I would know myself quite well I think and if our mood-swing would be anticyclic that might even work for some time.

Well, as for if I’d be a good partner, I’d certainly try my best. I can see myself being quite affectionate and supportive to my future partner, and I think I’m fairly good at communication. 
As for whether I would date myself ... No? First of all I’m not even the right gender for myself, and second dating someone EXACTLY like me would be extremely boring. Of course there are certain fundamental things I would like to have in common with a future partner, but we still need to be different people so we can complement each other and find each other interesting lol.

Blue eyes white dragon

I mean I'll be a good partner but I won't date myself since I'm not my type lol

Two questions here. First, do I see myself as a good romantic partner? Not now. There are things I need to work on before I could be a good partner to anyone (including myself) otherwise it would be unfair to the other person. With some self-improvement, I could be.

Would I date myself? Well I had a pretty nice date with myself this weekend; I think there's potential! But an actual carbon copy of myself as a romantic partner... no. I'd like some similarities but I'd pair better with someone who's, well, not me.

2 hours ago, SocialMorays said:

That was my thought...

Because hell no, I absolutely would not date myself. No bloody way.

I think I'm an okay partner, though. Not perfect, I struggle with a lot of life stuff so my existence is always a little complicated, but I try my best in that realm of things. Probably people's partners are better at answering that than they are at answering themselves, though.

oh hell yeah

it might seem narcissistic but no 😂 Im just too romantic 

I don't think I'm a good girlfriend, no. 

To answer the question of the thread: I wouldn't date myself, or if I did I doubt it'd last long. I need someone who balances me out.

4 hours ago, SocialMorays said:

I do think I could be a good romantic partner for the right person! However, I don't think dating someone exactly like me would go well, because our fears and insecurities and foibles would line up too precisely. It'd be... self-amplifying, and probably destructive.

Almost all of the really successful relationships I've seen involve people complementing one another, with strengths and weaknesses that balance one another out, and areas of overlap and divergence that give them each room to grow and learn from one another.

^^^

There is no narcissistic love here... Of course I would date someone like me! 💘

fooledbysecrecy

lol no. i mean my interests are great of course so at least there'd be something to talk about but as a person i'm not worth it.

7 hours ago, SocialMorays said:

these are really two separate questions.

Although my answer to both is No

in answering the original question: no, i don't see myself as a good romantic partner. but in all honesty sometimes i feel like i'm dating myself lmao i need to find someone besides me to keep myself company

I hate everything about myself so no thank you please

Archived