Asexual Characters - Masterthread

GuildedGoblin

Cadusis from critical role is ace

Edited by GuildedGoblin
  • Like 1
On 2/7/2021 at 8:32 PM, MoonSedai said:

This, so much. Crowley and Aziraphale are adorable, and I did read asexual from them.

As far as Sheldon, he reads very ACE. We've been watching BBT recently and I've noticed his slow progression with his relationship with Amy and I can see it. 

As far as asexual characters in books, I think there may be a few in the Wheel of Time series. Without getting into specific names, many of the characters show no romantic inclination/sexual desire/preference at all. 

I’ve read like 6 of the wheel of time books, and I think you’re right. The main character Rand is what who I’d be the most sure about, especially with the stuff about Egwene and Elayne. 

a little annihilation

In Doctor Sleep it says that Snakebite Andi "considers herself asexual" and that's enough for me

Any 30 rock fans here think Liz Lemon might be on the Asexual Spectrum, somewhere. 

She's romantic, for certain. But, there are many incidents where she seems more interested in food than in sex, and on a few occasions 

calls sex gross...

Of course, I could be wrong. 

KuraTheChibiSleepingBeauty

Here I thought all of the characters in Steven Universe are ace. Well, except Greg, obviously. 

• Like 2
OmegaTheMetamorphicDreamer

I've always thought of all of the characters, or at very least all the gems, from Steven Universe as being ace. As for romantic orientation, yeah, I can definitely believe that Peridot and Amethyst could be aro.

On 4/2/2021 at 11:54 PM, MoonSedai said:

Any 30 rock fans here think Liz Lemon might be on the Asexual Spectrum, somewhere. 

She's romantic, for certain. But, there are many incidents where she seems more interested in food than in sex, and on a few occasions 

calls sex gross...

Of course, I could be wrong. 

Totally agree! It's been a bit since I watched through, but any time sex comes up she pretty much goes "do we have to? I'm tired and tongues are weird."

Skipper Valvoline

Dan Povenmire (co-creator of Phineas and Ferb) just confirmed Perry the Platypus is ace.

• Like 6
  • 2 weeks later...
lemon_lime

I’m reading Rhythm of War right now and it seems like Jasnah may be ace. I’m not sure how I feel about this rep since Jasnah has been described as cold and distant a lot before this revelation. 

AbbySaysHi
On 4/24/2021 at 10:27 PM, Skipper Valvoline said:

Dan Povenmire (co-creator of Phineas and Ferb) just confirmed Perry the Platypus is ace.

You have no idea how happy that makes me. Perry the Platypus is my new spirit animal. 

• 4 weeks later...
evigmidnatt

As its not Cannonical I don't think this counts as spoilery unless someone says something in reply. 

I'm on a few groups from Shadow and Bone and general book-fandom things and one of them sent me this https://observer.com/2021/05/shadow-and-bone-asexuality-representation/?fbclid=IwAR2eOCVb0eplaupXTyR3MtsyA-aRVJrjc7UJ4kQkXHwhugMCFoCiJJrGSeo

Which got me thinking, and gave me an excuse for a rewatch lol (not like i really needed one lol) 
from what i've seen the general concensus seems to be that Kaz is Ace and Inej is 'somewhere' on the grayscale.

I think it fits, so i offer them up as potentials regarding this threads heading (probably got the substance completely wrong knowing me)

improbability

The latest series of John Finnemore's Souvenir Programme (radio sketch show) has been a delight for many reasons... including a canonical ace character! I started to headcanon Uncle Newt as ace after episode 5, when I noticed that through the various scenes of his life story there's no indication of a love interest, but I was surprised and delighted to have it confirmed in episode 6.

He does have sex at least once, but for an atypical reason--his sister, a lesbian, asks him to impregnate her girlfriend. (It's just as awkward as it sounds.) 

• 5 weeks later...

Chloe from The Bright Sessions (podcast) is canonically ace. It's hinted that she might have a romantic orientation, but if so, we don't know what it is as of season 5.

• Like 1

Found out that two characters from Miraculous Ladybug animation series are our folks: Marinette's class mate Max Kanté is asexual, and another class mate Alix Kubdel is aromantic. This was confirmed by the show creator Thomas Astruc on Twitter.

• Like 1
introvertedteacher

I am watching the tv show Merlin from a few years ago. I was really hoping he would be ace but then he started liking this witch and kissed her and stuff and I was just like devastated😢😔😂

Okay this is not about a movie with ace characters, but it is about a movie that I, as an ace person, LOVED bc of the type of love it centered. ROCKETMAN the one about Elton John is honestly my fav movie of the past couple years bc the story is centered on the LOVE that Elton and Bernie share. yes, there's a sex scene (not between the two central characters btw), and yeah *why?* and all that, but truly I don't think I've seen another LGBT-genre movie that centers platonic love. It is also just such a fun and musical movie and well-acted. I love it. I love it.

Edit: Yeah, and for me it just goes to show that aces and allos and everyone in-between who want it can enjoy an emotional fulfilling, platonic friendship or QPR or however you see it.

Edited by yellowleaf
  • Like 1
  • 1 month later...
Hopefulforensic
On 4/24/2021 at 10:27 PM, Skipper Valvoline said:

STOP I LOVE PERRY THE PLATYPUS
😆😆
Spongebob and Perry are some of my favorite cartoon characters

lmaooooo I guess my subconscious knew I was Ace years before my conscious mind figured it out. 

auroranebula

Has anyone played Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia? There's a character in it named Lukas, a pretty major one, who is strongly implied to be asexual, aromantic, or both. He states that he has a girlfriend, but never felt anything toward her (or anyone) and doesn't miss her whatsoever since leaving home to join the war that the game's plot is about. He doesn't relate to the feelings people have for other people, calling it "fire" and that he "lacks it." “I sometimes wonder if a vital part of me is broken”, is a line he says about the matter, and it's such an important line to me because it's so relatable to my own experience. He's one of my favorite characters from the game.

Edited by auroranebula
  • Like 1
Blaubeermuffin
On 8/21/2021 at 3:52 AM, auroranebula said:

Has anyone played Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia? There's a character in it named Lukas, a pretty major one, who is strongly implied to be asexual, aromantic, or both. He states that he has a girlfriend, but never felt anything toward her (or anyone) and doesn't miss her whatsoever since leaving home to join the war that the game's plot is about. He doesn't relate to the feelings people have for other people, calling it "fire" and that he "lacks it." “I sometimes wonder if a vital part of me is broken”, is a line he says about the matter, and it's such an important line to me because it's so relatable to my own experience. He's one of my favorite characters from the game.

I currently play Echoes. I'm at the beginning of act 4 and Lukas is also one of my favorite characters (But my absolutely favorite character is Berkut😁). I really like Lukas' calm nature and I have the feeling that he's aroace, although I don't know that quote yet. Is it from a support conversation? If yes, with which character? So I can look forward to it because I relate to that too😊.

auroranebula
On 8/26/2021 at 3:29 PM, Blaubeermuffin said:

Is it from a support conversation? If yes, with which character? So I can look forward to it because I relate to that too😊.

Yep, it's in a support with Python. But unfortunately it's DLC. If you don't want to pay for it, you can view them here though! There's no spoilers for the plot, so you can watch them without worrying about that if you worry about that kind of thing. 

Blaubeermuffin
8 hours ago, auroranebula said:

Yep, it's in a support with Python. But unfortunately it's DLC. If you don't want to pay for it, you can view them here though! There's no spoilers for the plot, so you can watch them without worrying about that if you worry about that kind of thing. 

Thank you. Maybe I'll play the DLC after I finished the story. But for now I follow your link.😊

Pretty sure Genos from One Punch Man is asexual, if not aromantic too. 

• Like 1

Heard about this, Yelena from Black Widow is canon ace.

240402202-10102235049500412-841911766157

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

I have had my suspicions for years but I just found out that Master Chief is canonically ace and almost cried. (I’m a very big fan of the series)
Also I found Alastor from Hazbin Hotel last week and have been obsessed ever since. All this representation isn’t good for my heart but my soul has never felt lighter. 

On 4/24/2021 at 7:27 PM, Skipper Valvoline said:

All it takes is that one little detail that makes you go from hating a show to loving it. Guess who is going to binge Phineas and Ferb rn?

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/25/2021 at 4:27 AM, Skipper Valvoline said:

I ALWAYS KNEW IT! 😂

• Like 1
On 8/29/2021 at 11:47 PM, Zagadka said:

Heard about this, Yelena from Black Widow is canon ace.

240402202-10102235049500412-841911766157

Yeah! When I saw the movie "Black Widow" I also wondered about that. Especially when Natasha told her that she was dating a lot of guys in the meantime and somehow Yelena then went on with that she always imagines how Natasha would have a family with a loving husband and children, but never mentioned anything like that about herself. 

(It's been a while since I've seen it, so sorry if I reconstruct any of this wrong 😅)

• Like 2