Asexual Characters - Masterthread

It's been mentioned once in a different thread (here) but the light novel/anime series has some canonically ace characters (of different shades, and mixed with aromanticism as well): Firo Prochainezo  and Ennis ("Just Ennis").

Aside from them, and although they aren't confirmed as such as far as I know (it's been a while, and I'm not deep into the series, just enjoyed it for a bit), I also read Isaac and Miria as an ace-aro couple. They clearly love each other, but nothing about them that I remember suggests anything sexual, or even much of anything romantic. I don't remember and couldn't really imagine them kissing, and the hugs or other such gestures they share seem more celebratory, for comfort in stressful situations, or out of general exuberance than intended as affectionate.

Then again, they are presented for comedic relief as head-in-the-cloud goofs to the extreme, so maybe it's just that we never get to see it.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
ThePapercraftingCat

I will forever be on team Elsa from Frozen is ace/aro. Elsa is ace/aro and you cannot convince me otherwise. It's clear that Elsa is not interested in a relationship with anyone, and has never expressed a desire to be in a relationship (either in dialogue or song.) She's happier being a leader to her people and values her family and friends over a potential partner. Also considering that she is meant to be an opposite to the very romantic Anna, it would make sense that she is aromantic. I hope that Disney confirms Elsa as ace/aro in the next Frozen. Even something like Elsa saying that she is not interested in romance or relationships would be a start.

I also believe that Merida from Brave is ace/aro for pretty much the same reasons. In fact, she outright rejects romance and marriage in the film. Merida also places her family over a romantic relationship, and is happier doing her own thing.

• Like 13
  • 1 month later...
aroace potato

the potion diaries. prinsess evelin is the most asexual character ever.

In fact, at the end of the book she says something about not being in love yet, or ever, but to keep looking.

incredible.

Edited by aroace potato
punctuation correction
  • Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Thoughts on O from Sex Education season 4? I read an article from Yasmin Benoit about how, despite best intentions from the show, the character's story arc didn't fully translate and received backlash.

Edit - found whole thread on this lol

Edited by frigidita
  • 4 months later...
driftingamongthestars

Ok but seriously I’m so glad someone started this because it is just too hard to find asexual characters!!! My three favourite are:

1. Charlie Weasley. Just yes. Please be aroace i swear it would make me so happy! screw the rest of them, charlie just hangs out with dragons. He’s living the dream!

2. Else from frozen. As part of the Frozen Generation i must say that this is a must. If in frozen 3 they make her have a romantic relationship, disney and i are going to have problems!

3. Ok so i know he’s not a book character, im not that stupid but i still like the random theory that shakespeare was aroace and that’s why he kept making his lovers die tragically lmao.