Asexuality and leather

MattPlymouth

Hi all,

Something I’ve really struggled with is my link between my sexuality and my fascination to leather.Since I can remember I have always been aroused by leather (the look, the feel etc). I’ve always thought this was a sexual thing but recently I have discovered the world of asexuality.

I have never been interested in sex but leather has always aroused me. If I see a guy in leather it gets me going but I don’t think it’s the guy because as soon as they don’t wear it I’m not interested. To be honest I think I look more at the outer than who is wearing it. 
What I want to ask is can someone get aroused by someone wearing leather and still be asexual? 
Thanks for your help. 

5 minutes ago, MattPlymouth said:

my link between my sexuality and my fascination to leather.

hm interesting

6 minutes ago, MattPlymouth said:

If I see a guy in leather it gets me going but I don’t think it’s the guy because as soon as they don’t wear it I’m not interested. To be honest I think I look more at the outer than who is wearing it. 
What I want to ask is can someone get aroused by someone wearing leather and still be asexual? 

there isn't really a name for that(?)
but the closest one on my mind is demisexual
there's this other word "objectophilia"(attraction to non living objects, not sure if that counts but i think thats it)
search it up.

hope i helped : )

I recommend checking out the "Kink, BDSM, and Cake" thread. They might have some useful information there. (Your situation seems up their alley, at least)

28 minutes ago, MattPlymouth said:

I would guess this would be closer to graysexual, since they can experience sexual attraction when certain requirements are met, but I could be wrong. If you're simply aroused but not attracted, then it's ace. If you're aroused and inclined to have sex with them, then gray.

4 minutes ago, Moonman said:

Think you just said in like three sentences what took me like thirty-three to say haha. I envy people that are able to speak so succinctly and yet speak with such clarity.

Lol. With situations like this I always find a mix of styled answers to be best; it gives op more information and perspectives to go on to understand complex concepts. :)

Thanks for the replies. It helps a lot. It’s weird. I suppose I do image the person sometimes in a more sexual position (although that’s more of another link of dominance than the act itself but that’s another thread haha). I think it’s more of the look and feel of the leather itself that gives me the arousal. 
However in real life it’s not usually that and I don’t think about acting on it. Although I would like to feel the person wearing it haha. 

I will certainly look up that thread. Thanks for all of your help. 

Archived