Orientation & Mental Health

kelico

We have a research request for you guys to fill out. Please and thank you! : )

Researcher is from University of Sunderland exploring the effects of sexual orientation stressors on mental health disparities within the asexual population. They have ethical approval from their institution. 

The research will be looking at whether specific sexual orientation stressors (i.e. social ostracization, connection to the LGBT+ community, concealment of one's sexual identity and daily discrimination/prejudice) predict symptoms of loneliness, depression, generalised anxiety, and post-traumatic stress within the asexual population.

The measures used are the Asexuality Identification Scale; the Social Ostracism Experience Scale for Adolescents; the Lesbian, Gay and Bisexual Positivity Identity Measure; the Sexual Orientation Concealment Scale; the Perceived (Daily) Discrimination Scale; the UCLA Loneliness Scale, the Patient Health Questionnaire; the Generalised Anxiety Disorder Scale; and the Davidson Trauma Scale.

It is estimated that this questionnaire will take around 20-30 minutes to complete. You must be 18+ to participate.

link to survey https://sunduni.eu.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_b1qmpbSsBioKYcd

This has been approved by the Research Approval Board.

kelico

(On behalf of the Project Team)

2 minutes ago, kelico said:

The measures used are the Asexuality Identification Scale; the Social Ostracism Experience Scale for Adolescents; the Lesbian, Gay and Bisexual Positivity Identity Measure; the Sexual Orientation Concealment Scale; the Perceived (Daily) Discrimination Scale; the UCLA Loneliness Scale, the Patient Health Questionnaire; the Generalised Anxiety Disorder Scale; and the Davidson Trauma Scale.

i searched them up

are you sure these are legit measures?

is the survey 18+, also?

3 minutes ago, A User said:

i searched them up

are you sure these are legit measures?

is the survey 18+, also?

They are apparently legit measures, yes. And yes, the survey is 18+. I will add that to the description.

1 minute ago, kelico said:

the survey is 18+. I will add that to the description.

Ok.

good to know.

(it should have been added in the first place but it is what it is :])

Archived