66 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like fondant on cakes?

• Yes!
    • Only a little/depends...
    • No!!
    • Other

This poll is closed to new votes

Blue eyes white dragon

I personally dont care for it very much, but if it's made good and not too much, I dont mind.

Purple Red Panda

I'm rather partial to it.

It looks pretty but I really don't like the taste of it. It's too sweet for me, to be honest.

I don't dislike fondant, but I prefer buttercream frosting way more 😋

It usually looks prettier than it tastes. I do like fondant that's not overly processed and where it actually serves a purpose for the taste, rather than those cakes that look really fancy but don't taste like much. 

Give me a good buttercream or frosting over fondant ;)

fooledbysecrecy

it's ok if it's not too much, i prefer buttercream tho.

Grey-Ace Ventura

Other because I generally don't like cake

Looks great, tastes terrible - too dry and sugary. I don't even like buttercream, it's too sweet.

Give me chocolate ganache or cream cheese frosting any day! 🍫 

To be honest, it's one of multiple reasons I prefer pie to cake in most cases.

Not a fan of fondant icing, too much sugar for my taste. I prefer buttercream icing! 💘

I've posted "other" because I've forgotten what it tastes like 

I don't really eat cake ever so I've never tried fondant but I've heard it can be pretty unnecessarily sweet and dense.

everywhere and nowhere

I'm not sure what exactly is fondant. But I generally like some sweet topping on a cake.

My mom made me honey cake for Christmas and the cream was wonderful. Recipe for a smaller amount:

1 cup of 36% sweetish cream

small package of mascarpone cheese

liquid honey

Whip the cream until more or less firm, then carefully mix it with mascarpone and honey. Voila, the cream is ready.

Yes, for looks.  No, for taste.  Although either way I’m not a huge fan of frosted type cakes.

I was all about it as a kid. As an adult, it hurts my teeth. 😟

TrustTheCloak

I'm not extremely fond of fondant, or even icing for that matter. I absolutely love the cake part, and a little fondant/icing is great with it, but it can get too much and too sweet quite quickly for my tastes.

I never get to use fondant because in my wider family, the different colours are seen as "unnatural" and seem "poisonous" to them. I on the other hand love to decorate. I like the process of making cake much more than eating it, overall.

It's rare that I like fondant. I don't know why people don't use buttercream or mousse frostings, they taste so much better usually.

• 3 weeks later...

Yes. But once when I was little I ate a whole pack of fondant before my mum could put it on the cake. REGRET

• 2 weeks later...
verily-forsooth-egads

I don't think I've ever had it. And yes, I've been aware of what it is and what it looks like for a few years now, so it's not that.

I'm afondantual.

Knight of Cydonia

There should be an option for "looks nice but tastes awful".

• 10 months later...

@Blue eyes white dragon

This poll is being locked and moved to the read only Census archive for it's respective year. As part of ongoing Census organisation, and in an attempt to keep the demographics of the polls current with the active user base at the time, the polls will last for one year from now on. However, members are allowed and even encouraged to restart new polls similar to the archived ones if they like them.

iff, Census Forum Moderator

Archived