I need a little bit of help

LillyHeart

I've identified as Aromantic and Asexual for a lil while now. I've never felt any sort of romantic or sexual attraction towards anyone, but I wouldn't mind if either a male or female kissed me and such, it doesn't bother me, and I wouldn't care, but would I still be classified as Aromantic and Asexual? (I can't explain things very well, and I only just started researching about how I feel, so sorry if ya can't understand what I mean 😅)

Grey-Ace Ventura

Being okay with something is not the same as actively wanting it.

Furthermore, kissing is more sensual than romantic or sexual so even if you DID actively want to kiss someone and nothing else, that could really just be sensual attraction.

Being okay with kissing is completely different from wanting sex or wanting a relationship. It shouldn't influence you being ace or aro at all. Being part if the ace community doesn't mean you have to spurn all kinds of human contact. 😆

thatpokebloke

First of all welcome to AVEN :cake:

And to answer your question, its generally not good to look at orientation as something you're "classified" as. It's a label you chose to describe yourself, not a scientific category with set boundaries. Besides, what you're describing sounds like physical/sensual attraction, which is not inherently romantic. Sensual attraction includes any non-sexual physical interaction such as kissing, hugging, hand holding, cuddling, that sort of thing.
Even if you mean kissing specifically in a romantic context, it wouldn't disqualify you from being aroace because again its a spectrum not a strict classification. Hope that helps!

Everyone already gave you good advice, so I don't have anything to add in regards to your question, but I just wanted to say - welcome to AVEN! New members get cake so here's one I think you'd like based on your profile pic :) 

How To Make A Fuzzy Mouse Cake | Handmade Charlotte

Janus the Fox

Moved to Romantic and Aromantic Orientations

Janus DarkFox

Weekends Asexual Relationships, Current Questions about Asexuality, Asexual Musings and Rantings & Open Mic Moderator

Archived