Am I Grey-Ace or not? Help!

Beanie12716

Ok so basically this is how I am: I am a girl and my body happens to be very sensitive to hormone fluctuations; which in my case it means that my sexuality goes in a cycle. out of the three weeks of a cycle, I am absolutely clueless about sex or mentions of it or people talking about how much they enjoy it... I just don't get it, kind of how a proper asexual would respond to these things. But then there's that one week around ovulation when all of a sudden I turn into this bisexual person, thinking about such stuff and also getting a kick out of it (if you know what I mean) and then a few days after ovulation, I am back to being absolutely clueless and actually find sexual stuff in media useless/meaningless and then three weeks passes and then it all repeats again.

I know it is ok to be like this and in fact I am ready to say that a lot of women are like this but if I were to give myself a label, what would it be?~~

(also for further information, I am just a little bit (hetero)romantic, i.e. the romanticism without any of the rose-tintedness)

Another piece of info: I am fraysexual for sure. Anyone I fall in love with romantically, I can never ever even imagine doing stuff with. And the people I find attractive have to be people who I don't find romantically attractive, if I find any romantic attraction in them, that's it. sex off the table! 

DogObsessedLi

Could just be your sex drive that peaks around ovulation? I totally relate to what you say by the way. What are you like regarding attraction towards individual people or actually in person? You could also be ace-flux, which would be a grey-A term anyway. There's also aegosexual which is very much in theory only. I know that when I'm faced with the naked body (particularly the naked male body) any attraction that I could have claimed to have had disappears. But at the same time I do have a strong physiological drive and I'm not sex repulsed, but I am repulsed by the naked male body, their turned on look, and really struggle to show interest in their body (that was a big issue with my previous partner who needed his genitals to verbally made to feel wanted otherwise he lost his erection). I really didn't have the attraction to work with this, at all. Another term you might be interested in is cupiosexual. This is wanting sex but lacking sexual attraction towards any particular gender (eg due to physiological drive).

Janus the Fox

Moved to The Grey Area, Sex and Related Discussions

Janus DarkFox

Weekends Asexual Relationships, Current Questions about Asexuality, Asexual Musings and Rantings & Open Mic Moderator

On 1/15/2021 at 11:54 PM, DogObsessedLianne said:

Could just be your sex drive that peaks around ovulation? I totally relate to what you say by the way. What are you like regarding attraction towards individual people or actually in person? You could also be ace-flux, which would be a grey-A term anyway. There's also aegosexual which is very much in theory only. I know that when I'm faced with the naked body (particularly the naked male body) any attraction that I could have claimed to have had disappears. But at the same time I do have a strong physiological drive and I'm not sex repulsed, but I am repulsed by the naked male body, their turned on look, and really struggle to show interest in their body (that was a big issue with my previous partner who needed his genitals to verbally made to feel wanted otherwise he lost his erection). I really didn't have the attraction to work with this, at all. Another term you might be interested in is cupiosexual. This is wanting sex but lacking sexual attraction towards any particular gender (eg due to physiological drive).

So interesting! Thank you for your reply! So weird as that is, attraction-wise (romantically) I feel like it has nothing to do with my cycle because at random times I find someone who is smart or witty or cool or wise (either in person or on social media) attractive. But it is purely romantic. The thought of having sex with such pure people repulses me (hahaha!) anyway, as for sex drive, I am just like you 3 weeks out of the 4 week cycle. Definitely don't like to see the male (or female) naked body. Not into it at all. But during ovulation, I don't mind seeing it... Like for example, imagine a sex scene in a movie. 3 out of 4 times i will skip those scenes cause they are just purely uninteresting. But one out of four times I probably won't skip, either out of curiosity or just a pure sex drive...

DogObsessedLi

@Beanie12716I suggest reading about the different micro labels of grey-A and sex favourable aces. You'll probably find a lot of others' experiences in the grey-A section of this forum. I'm also in Facebook groups that are grey-A / aegosexual etc etc related. It might take some time but I often found it useful to hear about different people's experiences.

On 1/19/2021 at 7:48 PM, DogObsessedLianne said:

@Beanie12716I suggest reading about the different micro labels of grey-A and sex favourable aces. You'll probably find a lot of others' experiences in the grey-A section of this forum. I'm also in Facebook groups that are grey-A / aegosexual etc etc related. It might take some time but I often found it useful to hear about different people's experiences.

Interesting! I will look into it! and thanks so much for your replies!

Archived