What Am I?

m.s

I've never felt like I was a girl but I've been called a girl so many times that it just stuck with me. I like the sound of 'they/them' pronouns being used to refer to me. I dont know what I identify as, I sometimes feel like I can be considered a girl but other times I just dont want to be a gender?? I dont want to have a chest, I want to have a deep voice and I want to look masculine and I dont usually like being called a girl. I dont know if im overthinking things or if im just a masculine cisgender girl. Im just really confused. 

Hi. I suggest you take your time to explore cuz it sounds like it's a bit jumbled for right now. You can be a tomboy girl if you want.
Why is it that you don't want a chest? When you're ok being considered a girl, how do you feel about it then? And what do you like about they/them pronouns? One more question, how do you feel about your female body?

Sometimes it's just about gender expression, or it could be deeper. It's worth investigating, and remember it's all about being yourself ;)

Ive been called a girl so many times that I sort of got used to it. I only payed attention to how uncomfortable being called a girl and being addressed by she/her pronouns made me quite recently (like a month ago). I like being addressed by they/them pronouns because they dont tie me down to a specific gender? like im not really considered a girl but im not considered a guy either. And when I look at my body, it just feels wrong? like it doesn't really match. 

39 minutes ago, m.s said:

Ive been called a girl so many times that I sort of got used to it. I only payed attention to how uncomfortable being called a girl and being addressed by she/her pronouns made me quite recently (like a month ago). I like being addressed by they/them pronouns because they dont tie me down to a specific gender? like im not really considered a girl but im not considered a guy either. And when I look at my body, it just feels wrong? like it doesn't really match. 

Ok. and besides just what others consider you, what do you like to consider yourself? and what would seem more matching for your body? Just asking questions to see how you feel about yourself :)

Oberon Jasper
6 hours ago, m.s said:

I like being addressed by they/them pronouns because they dont tie me down to a specific gender?

As Sarah said make sure it's what you're comfortable with and how you feel. No one can tell you what you are other than you.

For some starting points you could look into demigirl, agender, non-binary, or Gender non-conforming.

Oh, genderfluid might be another thing to look into as well, since you mentioned sometimes feeling more "masc" and other times feeling more okay with being called girl and I assume (could be wrong) femme stuff.

On 1/14/2021 at 11:43 AM, Sarah-Sylvia said:

Ok. and besides just what others consider you, what do you like to consider yourself? and what would seem more matching for your body? Just asking questions to see how you feel about yourself :)

I've asked a really close friend of mine to start refer to me using they/them and im starting to really like how that turned out, gender-wise im not sure since im all confused right now. Im not sure about my body either. Sorry if this is really vague.

3 minutes ago, m.s said:

I've asked a really close friend of mine to start refer to me using they/them and im starting to really like how that turned out, gender-wise im not sure since im all confused right now. Im not sure about my body either. Sorry if this is really vague.

Ok. Hope you can come to see what makes sense for you. The reason I think it matters is that pronouns and other things can also just be about gender expression and roles in society. Someone can be tired of being associated with female stereotypes in society, but whether it really has to do with gender identity or not is its own matter. I think it's worth exploring and seeing what you like as well as seeing if it means something deeper too.

Archived