What's your guy's opinion on age differences in relationships? And how do I show her I'm interested?

AspieAlly613

Ask yourself this question:  What do you envision a romance between you looking like?

If you have a good vision of that AND if it makes sense from a bilateral perspective, then pursue a relationship.

6 minutes ago, AspieAlly613 said:

Ask yourself this question:  What do you envision a romance between you looking like?

If you have a good vision of that AND if it makes sense from a bilateral perspective, then pursue a relationship.

The thing that I want most in any romantic relationship is a mutual desire to grow in our faith.  From a personality perspective, she's very bubbly and outgoing and caring. Plus, she has a bit of a dorky side, which I find adorable.  And she's a damn good singer, too. But I think the thing that I like most about her, and #2 thing I look for besides faith, is if she's easy to carry conversation with. I would feel completely comfortable being open with her about my life. 

Also, howdy neighbor!

• Like 2
43 minutes ago, RobL2415 said:

Plus, she has a bit of a dorky side, which I find adorable. 

Dorky is always good. I couldn't do a relationship with someone who wasn't a massive dork sometimes, haha.

43 minutes ago, RobL2415 said:

she's easy to carry conversation with

Yep, also vital. My partner and I can talk for literal hours about absolutely anything and everything, and that's rare for me with someone.

So go for it, I say.

• Like 1
njosnavelin

I have a frıend she is 12 years younger than me. I had a hard time seeing myself with in a relationship with her. I have another friend with a 14 year difference and I could easily see myself with her because our chemistry is better.  

Autumn Twilight
10 hours ago, SocialMorays said:

My mother has always been an "old soul" with an unusual level of maturity for her age, and always gravitated to people older than her. My dad, on the other hand, is kind of like a kid who never grew up. He's one of the most genuine and least manipulative people on the planet, and my mother was able to pick up on that right away. It was a big part of what first attracted her to him, in fact -- being a singer and a model, she'd gotten a lot of creepy and manipulative attention from guys before him, whereas he respected her boundaries and truly just liked her for who she was.

That’s very interesting because I sometimes worry about my mental age/life experience being far below most others my age because it tends to be frowned upon. On the flip side I never was one to hang out with people my age (there were a handful of exceptions), and much of my youth was spent hanging with a wild bunch, most of whom were much older than I am.

As for the OP, that girl’s faith doesn’t necessarily mean she’ll still treat you with decency if you get to know her more, so be cautious of that. I’ve been too quick to trust such people and regretted it.

There's nothing wrong with age gap relationships. My boyfriend is 27 years older than me and we love each other very much. And your age difference isn't that big. And there's also nothing wrong with that you've known her since she was 17. It's even completely normal if you already liked her at that time. You can try to tell her that you like her if you want to. Maybe she will want to have a relationship with you.