What's your guy's opinion on age differences in relationships? And how do I show her I'm interested?

RobL2415

10 hours ago, SocialMorays said:

My mother has always been an "old soul" with an unusual level of maturity for her age, and always gravitated to people older than her. My dad, on the other hand, is kind of like a kid who never grew up. He's one of the most genuine and least manipulative people on the planet, and my mother was able to pick up on that right away. It was a big part of what first attracted her to him, in fact -- being a singer and a model, she'd gotten a lot of creepy and manipulative attention from guys before him, whereas he respected her boundaries and truly just liked her for who she was.

That’s very interesting because I sometimes worry about my mental age/life experience being far below most others my age because it tends to be frowned upon. On the flip side I never was one to hang out with people my age (there were a handful of exceptions), and much of my youth was spent hanging with a wild bunch, most of whom were much older than I am.

As for the OP, that girl’s faith doesn’t necessarily mean she’ll still treat you with decency if you get to know her more, so be cautious of that. I’ve been too quick to trust such people and regretted it.

There's nothing wrong with age gap relationships. My boyfriend is 27 years older than me and we love each other very much. And your age difference isn't that big. And there's also nothing wrong with that you've known her since she was 17. It's even completely normal if you already liked her at that time. You can try to tell her that you like her if you want to. Maybe she will want to have a relationship with you.

Archived