Hi from Germany!

Mondfuchs

Hi there👋
I'm 18 years old and from Germany. Actually I have no idea what I am but definitily not 100% allosexual and not aromantic.
I'm open to talk about everything with everyone (at least in the internet, in reality I'm far too shy). My interests are all creative things like painting, drawing, writing poems - the only thing I'm absolute incompetent in is music and dancing. Still, I have been trying to teach myself how to play the guitar for 4 years (and came nothing near to any success in it).

Anything else to say? Well, I should be learning for my exams but I'm procrastinating. Uh... and at the moment I'm studying Philosophy and Literature.

I hope to have some nice talks and meet quite cool people. ☺️

-Moony

Purple Red Panda

Welcome 💜

It's perfectly ok not to have figured everything out yet about your sexuality, it's not unusual for it to take a bit of time.

It's a forum tradition to greet new members with some cake..... enjoy 🙂

spacer.png

Hello, welcome!

I'm from Germany, too! And I love the fine arts.

Don't worry, not knowing where you are on the spectrum and procastinating aren't the worst things in the world.

More cake:

spacer.png

Oh, thanks! I love a good cake - who doesnt ;)
Actually I like making cakes myself - I even made a rainbow cake for one of my friends once.

Yeah I figured out its okay to take your time and at the moment Im ok with not having an exact idea for my life.

everywhere and nowhere
1 hour ago, Mondfuchs said:

Actually I like making cakes myself - I even made a rainbow cake for one of my friends once.

Congratulations. I prefer eating and watching cakes to baking them. ;)

Here's a Fuchskuchen for you:

spacer.png

(So wintery... I've just gone on cross-country skis to the supermarket today; too bad it were all just snow-covered lawns and cycling paths, not very comfortable for skiing... On the other hand - yes, forest paths are more comfortable, but still there are no professionally prepared cross-country skiing trails anywhere in Warsaw. And I anyway needed to buy groceries, prefer not to take the bus during the pandemic, and I'm simply unable to cycle on snow. :( So really, skis were the best remaining solution.)

Welcome!  I visited Berlin, Germany over 20 years ago and still have great memories of my visit.

Welcome! :cake::cake::cake:

Here's a little thread for aces coming from or residing in Germany:

Thanks so much for welcoming me in such a nice way :D

On 1/13/2021 at 5:55 PM, Nowhere Girl said:

spacer.png

That Fuchskuchen is just amazing. I wish I was that good o.O

On 1/13/2021 at 7:22 PM, Ennis said:

Here's a little thread for aces coming from or residing in Germany:

Thanks, thats nice of you :)

On 1/14/2021 at 3:00 AM, Lichley said:

What’s studying philosophy like?

Well since I am in the first year its mostly learning the basics in logics and philosophical history. But in general we read a lot and train our ability to understand and produce texts and then - of course - all philosophy students and professors love a good discussion about texts and ideologies and sometimes about politics. So we talk, argument, write and read. And then there is a lot of thinking.
Its quite fun since I enjoy logics and complicated thinking structures :)

5 hours ago, Mondfuchs said:

Well since I am in the first year its mostly learning the basics in logics and philosophical history. But in general we read a lot and train our ability to understand and produce texts and then - of course - all philosophy students and professors love a good discussion about texts and ideologies and sometimes about politics. So we talk, argument, write and read. And then there is a lot of thinking.
Its quite fun since I enjoy logics and complicated thinking structures :)

Colour me intrigued, what sort of personal ideology / philosophy do you follow, if you don’t mind me asking? :) 

11 hours ago, Lichley said:

Colour me intrigued, what sort of personal ideology / philosophy do you follow, if you don’t mind me asking? :) 

Uh thats a hard one. Actually since being a little young and not having been interested in society and politics for that long i mostly try to collect all kinds of opinions and moral theories of the old and the current philosophers at the moment. I try to understand whats my point of view on single topics they speak about so its kind of a self analysis and critique.

I havent found a moral theory that is all correct and right for me yet but there are some i found myself finding more appealing than others. For example moral pluralism or particularism is something i intuitively find more plausible than Kants doctrine of virtue. I do not know if any of this is RIGHT though. (Pluralists believe there are fundamental characteristics that make actions right or wrong and these are  embodied by more than one moral principle. Like lying to someone is a characteristic that makes an action wrong whereas helping someone is one that makes it right. If you help someone by lying to another person you have to evaluate what is more important. So they believe you can add up one principle to another and have to decide in the end.

On the other hand Kant believes that if something is a lie it is always wrong. No matter why u lie. He doesnt care. And then Particularists believe there are no principles at all. Sometimes even helping is wrong (like helping a bank robber doing a robbery.)

Then there are theories i find insanely interesting but I do not believe in them in most points (like Plato's theory of state and virtue; Aristotle's doctrine of virtue, Bentham's definition of happiness or Descartes' "principles of philosophy"). Mostly they interest me but are not all right for me.

So at the moment I'm kinda trying to get to know most of the theories so that i can take from them what I want to. 

2 years ago, being 16 and all new to philosophy, I tried to write down my  own idea of freedom and happyness. But i try to be open minded and never look at an opinion as set down forever. The most important thing to me is to stay curious.

I even am very interested in the philosophy of language but that is such a large field that I did not dare to take a closer look yet.  

Im very thankful we learn some good basics so we can take the argumentations from the old and big philosophers to a test and decide whats right for us. 

Of course I have some opinions on that or that but the big theory behind it... thats gonna be a task for a whole life. 

But being open minded, trying to understand evrything and thinking about it critically afterwards... That's the most important things for me. I see philosophy as a way to society, as a way to myself.

(Wow, that was a long answer. U have to expect that from one who loves to talk and loves to write even more ;))

hallo und wilkommen!! ich heiße min und ich lerne Deutsch in der Schule. ich bin nicht so gut anyway ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

welcome, moonie!! (but don't expect me to speak perfect german lol)

13 hours ago, Mondfuchs said:

Wow, that was a long answer. U have to expect that from one who loves to talk and loves to write even more ;))

It’s always interesting to hear about people’s passions. I know I can talk for hours about all things chemistry, but I’m bad at explaining things so I rarely manage to get the point across.

I think it’s less about having the perfect theory, and more about forming your own opinion based off what people have previously said, and seeing how their stories and life views can affect your own perspective. Like Plato’s allegory of the cave, telling people what’s there without being able to explain to them in terms of what they already know is pointless, you need to start with something they recognise and build up the concepts from there.

On 1/17/2021 at 2:47 AM, Lichley said:

I think it’s less about having the perfect theory, and more about forming your own opinion based off what people have previously said, and seeing how their stories and life views can affect your own perspective. Like Plato’s allegory of the cave, telling people what’s there without being able to explain to them in terms of what they already know is pointless, you need to start with something they recognise and build up the concepts from there.

Well, yeah. You just summed the things up I tried to explain xD Thats what Im trying to do at the moment.

• 2 months later...
NickyTannock

@Mondfuchs A very belated welcome to AVEN!

It is a tradition here to welcome new members by offering cake, and even though I'm so very late welcoming you, here's an "Eric Claptons ‘The Fool’ guitar" cake,

The Fool - cake by GoshCakes - CakesDecor
zujbalxrutxqoik23mkf.jpg

Archived