Is it only me or do others not find some of the body attractive?

natureiswonderful

natureiswonderful

I'm pretty sure I'm ACE. I don't feel any desire to have sex.

I have moments when I find men physically attractive, handsome, beautiful etc. In my eyes, many people are simply beautiful :) I don't get turned on much (sensually stimulation) by looking at naked or partially naked men's body, well more so a penis. It's just one of my dislikes.

So I was wondering if anyone reading this, do you ever have NO desire to look at or touch a naked or partially naked penis? 

Please understand, I'm not looking for your stories or asking me questions, simply a yes, no. Thanks.

Penises are weird looking, as are feet. Definitely the least attractive parts of the body. I certainly have no desire to touch them... I'm kind of doubtful that many people actually want to touch random penis.

Purple Red Panda

I can get turned on by naked bodies, I just don't want to have sex with them.

2 hours ago, natureiswonderful said:

So I was wondering if anyone reading this, do you ever have NO desire to look at or touch a naked or partially naked penis? 

I'd say that the number of people who always have a desire (no matter how small) to look at or touch a naked or partially naked penis is negligibly small. Not having that desire is pretty much the default.

everywhere and nowhere
3 hours ago, natureiswonderful said:

Yuck!!! Sorry, that was so harsh. ;) I mean - I think that pretty much for everyone, ace or allo, there are body parts they consider not particularly attractive. Compare it to the stereotype that among straight men, there are two major groups: those who mostly look at the boobs and those who mostly look at the legs. So pretty much everyone has some preferences. But jumping from this obvious fact right to touching... really, that was too much for me. :lol: Not in terms of feeling offended, rather feeling shocked. After all, it's an asexual forum, probably the vast majority of users here have no desire to touch penises. ;)

I prefer clothed bodies and I find women much more beautiful than men, but I prefer them too with their clothes on. But touching... Maybe I could touch boobs - as long as I, myself, would remain fully clothed... or perhaps I couldn't after all... but the idea of touching a penis is absolutely disgusting, hence my instinctive reaction at the beginning of the post. :lol: Fortunately, I have never had sex, so I have also never touched a penis. However, a slightly funny story. I still remember a phrase from biology lesson in high school: "A protein known as spermin gives semen its characteristic smell". And... if it's among people I trust enough, I have found it, in a strange way, fun to ask what the heck this smell is like - because I'm happy to be a fully adult woman who has never had any contact with semen. :P

I also find your phrasing a little odd... "do you ever have no desire" - most people, including very sexual sex-desiring people, sometimes have no desire (for example, when they are upset, or tired, or angry, or just not in the mood...). Here, on the contrary, most users always have no desire... I could definitely say that I never have any desire for sexual contact with anyone, on the contrary: I always want never to have sex because I'm not merely uninterested in having sex, I'm actively sex-averse.

I have no desire to touch or taste a penis personally. I find them gross and disgusting myself.

everywhere and nowhere
25 minutes ago, Naiwen said:

I have no desire to touch or taste a penis personally. I find them gross and disgusting myself.

By the way - what I find very "not nice" is some people's reactions to admitting that you, personally, find intimate body parts ugly. Really, for some people expressing such an opinion equals not even to shaming, but even to hatred of life. How they are able to make such a leap of ideas is beyond my understanding.

2 hours ago, Nowhere Girl said:

By the way - what I find very "not nice" is some people's reactions to admitting that you, personally, find intimate body parts ugly. Really, for some people expressing such an opinion equals not even to shaming, but even to hatred of life. How they are able to make such a leap of ideas is beyond my understanding.

2 hours ago, Nowhere Girl said:

I don’t care to be nice at all personally. I just say how things are for me.

everywhere and nowhere
9 minutes ago, Naiwen said:

I don’t care to be nice at all personally. I just say how things are for me.

It's not about you. I simply have seen people who expressed such views, as if expressing a personal opinion that penises and vulvas are ugly was something horribly outrageous.

7 minutes ago, Nowhere Girl said:

It's not about you. I simply have seen people who expressed such views, as if expressing a personal opinion that penises and vulvas are ugly was something horribly outrageous.

I have misunderstood you, my bad.

Yeah I think genitals look weird. Even as a sexual guy, I think vaginas are weird. It's the rest of the body I get turned on by... and once I'm at that point the weirdness just doesn't cross my mind any more.

I've heard people say that genitals in and of themselves aren't a turn on, but it's more about what they can do for us. And I think that makes sense - one would need sexual desire and to be turned on to think about what it will do for us.

MakeupJunkie4

I'm pretty neutral about bodies, but I'm also not particularly interested in seeing (let alone touching) another person's genitals. It's just not a "thing" for me. However, I don't find genitals disgusting as a rule - I mean, they have a purpose and everyone has them, including me. I think the general consensus is that no, as @CBC said above, it has more to do with the actual person and your relationship to them (if you're not ace, that is!) - and wholeheartedly agree, unsolicited d!ck pics from a stranger  aren't going to make most straight women drool for these exact reasons. ;) 

Naked bodies... I find women's very beautiful. It's not sexual. For men, I don't find their body beautiful, and any attraction to the body parts like the penis is sensual or sexual. I can't really maintain sexual feelings though, but I can still have some for a bit. I'm graysexual tho, not strictly ace.

I should mention though that I think bodies aren't the most important for a lot of people when it comes to feeling sexual. The emotional dynamic is really important.

I like knees, I especially like the back of knees those little dimples there 😉 my favourite body part though are belly buttons, so cute 😉

Genitals as far as I am concerned are like elbows, they are just there, nothing to excited about, though penises are funny to look at 🤣

Feet creep me out 😱

I have never understood what guys love about vaginas. I don't find them aesthetically pleasing nor do I want to shove my penis in one. It doesn't... look pleasant. Like, women pee and menstruate through them.

On 1/12/2021 at 10:14 PM, CBC said:

Not gonna lie, here's my take on disembodied genitals of random people. As a sexual person, and more specifically a bisexual one who's been attracted to and had sex with people of both sexes.

Vaginas look kinda icky. Not sexy. A bit off-putting, tbh.

Penises look pretty silly. I want to put googly eyes on them or something.

Yet in the context of sexual attraction to and connection/activity with people I'm actually into, they're appealing because of the larger implications.

Yes, some men have penises that when erect curve every which way.

Janus the Fox
3 hours ago, RobL2415 said:

Yes, some men have penises that when erect curve every which way.

To an extent yes, there's a small amount of curve though too much it's a condition called Chordee, that's when there's quite an abnormal bend, often making penetrative sex, masturbation painful or difficult.  It's not automatically repaired like it once used to as Puberty is usually waited on for issues or the bend obstructs urination.

I've had Chordee along with Hypospadias, repaired with a number of procedures when now it's considered too young.  It's part of a born Intersex condition of mine. 1 in 200 are born with Chordee, 1 in 200 with Hypospadias, not infrequently seen together.

natureiswonderful
On 1/14/2021 at 10:38 AM, RobL2415 said:

I have never understood what guys love about vaginas. I don't find them aesthetically pleasing nor do I want to shove my penis in one. It doesn't... look pleasant. Like, women pee and menstruate through them.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Little anatomy note/a friendly reminder: vaginas are the inner part of the body, clitoris is the outer flaps and urination occurs through a separate hole (which is a close to the vagina).

44 minutes ago, natureiswonderful said:

Little anatomy note/a friendly reminder: vaginas are the inner part of the body, clitoris is the outer flaps and urination occurs through a separate hole (which is a close to the vagina).

Actually the "outer flaps" are the vulva. The clitoris is the little bundle of nerves in front of the urethra, which extend internally in front of the vagina. But yeah, women definitely do not pee through their vaginas, that's what the urethra is for.

9 hours ago, natureiswonderful said:

Yeah, it's been a while since I took anatomy/growth and development.

But you still menstruate though the vagina, though. IMO that's the grossest part.

On 12/01/2021 at 9:41 AM, natureiswonderful said:

I feel that I may have been taught "wrong" or at least not been corrected- when I was immature (ignorant more than silly to be specific) & had the instant "That's gross" reaction. Now that I'm older (30s), I consider it another part of the body, no different to the back or stomach.

It depends on the situation, it wouldn't feel right to look/touch unless a significant other wanted an opinion on whether they should contact a Dr for example. 

Anything else would fall under consent. 

In general, it's not a body I find attractive (lean, muscular or broad - makes no difference to me) but in how someone thinks and how they treat others - that takes time to get to know. 

everywhere and nowhere
On 1/14/2021 at 7:38 PM, RobL2415 said:

Women don't urinate through the vagina. Alhough, it's true that the urethra is pretty close to the vagina.

Confusion of urethra with vagina annoys me particularly because it reminds me of a very disgusting Russian joke. :angry: I can quote it (with TW on) if you are interested, but rest assured: this joke must have been created by an idiot.

I'm not ace, but I also have no real desire to look at penises.  They do nothing for me at all outside of context.  I feel the same way about all genitalia.

I can find naked bodies aesthetically pleasing, but the moment genitalia show up it shifts the focus from the body as a whole to that one point, so I'm not a fan of nude art that includes them.

In non-visual arts context, I have no innate desire to look at and touch private parts; however, as sex-favourable ace, I don't mind doing so (unless focus shifts to me, then every shield is up).

I'm not grossed out by those parts really, but...eh...I don't find them attractive (though admittedly i don't really know what the female genitalia looks like). I have no problem with my own nor do I have any desire to get rid of it, but I also don't really see it as...part of me...if that makes any sense? It's just, like, a tool that happens to be attached to me. It doesn't feel like part of my identity or anything like my face would, for instance. But as far as other people's go, I don't care to see them. Probably a big part of the reason why I find clothed people more attractive.

Archived